If I have a Kodak digital camera- do I need to buy a kodak memory card?

DonaldsGrl103

DIS Veteran
Hey everyone I am new to the digital camera world and need your help. Someone bought me a kodak easy share digital camera. I have taken pictures on it already and have it stored on my internal memory of the camera. However, Now I want to print my pics and be able to store more pictures so I want to buy a memory card. Is it necessary to buy a kodak brand memory card which is so expensive instead of another brand? Yes I want to save money but at the same time I dont want to ruin my new camera or pictures.
Please help

No. My Kodak Easyshare camera takes an SD card.
I didn't buy a Kodak brand. I can't even remember what brand I bought. As long as it's the right kind of card you can use any brand.

The model stats will tell you what type of card you'll need.

Also, when you put your memory card in make sure you switch it from internal memory to memory card. If you don't it will just save to your internal memory, which won't let you hold many pics.

I have a Kodak easy share but I don't use Kodak memory cards. I buy whatever I can economically. I have a SunDisk and a Viking. No problems using either one.

My DD has an easy share that we got her for Christmas. After we bought a Kodak SD card, she could no longer transfer pics to the computer--easy share wasn't able "find" the USB device. I called tech support, reordered a cable, nothing seems to work. She takes pics on her camera with SD, puts it into my Nikon, and transfers to the computer. Anyone else have this problem??

I haven't had trouble transferring my pictures with my Kodak Easy Share, but I had that trouble with my Hewlett Packard camera.
That HP camera would shut off randomly. The pictures looked bad. It wouldn't transfer even after I paid for a new cable. My only option was to take the memory card out and get prints made at a store. It wasn't covered under warranty. I threw it out.

I have a Kodak Easy Share but I bought a generic brand SD card. I have had no problems!

You nead to find out what type of cardit takes ( prob SD ) any brand of card will do as long as it is the right type . I use San Disk Ther are other good brands but I would avoid No name brands as they may not be reliable a 1 gig would be a good size can be bough on ebay for around $20

I got a Kodak EasyShare C340 for Christmas last year. It uses SD memory cards. DH got a 512mb SanDisk card when he bought the camera and this spring I got a 512mb/256mb combo pack of PNY brand.

tribus121 said:
You nead to find out what type of cardit takes ( prob SD ) any brand of card will do as long as it is the right type . I use San Disk Ther are other good brands but I would avoid No name brands as they may not be reliable a 1 gig would be a good size can be bough on ebay for around $20

We use the scan disk as well. They are great cards and take great pictures, no trouble transfering pictures to computer either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter