If I describe a place, can you tell me where to find it?

DanenRox

Disney Junkies
HUGE family trip to WDW coming up and the husband breaks his foot! (UGH!) Unable to change any of our DVC reservations because there's just too many rooms booked. BUT, DH and I always end our family trips, after our loved one head to their homes, with an extended stay somewhere off site to decompress. Hence begins my search for a location to meet his gimpy needs for the last part of our stay. I'm trying to find a villa (or suite) or something with a kitchenette, minimal stairs, easy and close parking to unit, decent size patio or deck. Truth is, despite being on property, if feel like a Wilderness Cabin might meet all of our needs - if we grab a golf cart. Kinda pricey though. Thought I'd see if any of my Disney friends have other ideas...

What about a townhouse? - Most (if not all) of the Lake Berkely townhomes have a ground floor master suite. Not much of a patio / deck space though.

We love Wyndham Bonnet Creek. Situated between Typhoon Lagoon and Caribbean Beach. Great Suites, comparable with DVC (we have stayed at SSR three times but prefer it here). Lots of threads on these boards about BC. We are back in 8 days, cant wait.

I have stayed in condos at Windsor Hills. If you find a 1st floor condo, they are always close to the parking lot. Even better if you find one close to the pool. Another thought might be Sheraton Vistana but I have never stayed there so no clue about ground floor villas.

I booked my last stay with Parkhopper and they have a ground floor condo - https://www.windsorhillsfloridarentals.com/parkhopper-properties

Wyndham Bonnet Creek would be great since elevators but you may or may not have a parking spot close. Can't beat the units and love their big open balconies.

Sheraton Vistana Resort is not far, I love we could pull up our car right to the front door (request first floor) and we had nice screened in porches. Have never been disappointed with the decor inside.

We've rented condos at Windsor Palms numerous times. They have 1st floor units with no steps and parking is right in front of the building.

You could also do a townhouse. They have a flight of stairs but there's no reason you need to use it as there is a bedroom and full bath on the ground floor. Some of them have small pools (about 10x10 - they call them splash pools). Parking is directly in front of the door, maybe 10-12 feet tops.

http://www.windsor-palms-florida.net/

We have stayed the Quality Inn on Palm Pkwy which is a 5 minute drive from DS. You won't have a deck or balcony but it has everything else you are looking for and the price is about $95 the suite has a full size kitchen and they offer free breakfast. There is a Walmart 3 miles down the road.

We have stayed the Quality Inn on Palm Pkwy which is a 5 minute drive from DS. You won't have a deck or balcony but it has everything else you are looking for and the price is about $95 the suite has a full size kitchen and they offer free breakfast.
It depends what type of place you are looking for. If you want a hotel with housekeeping and breakfast, that's a good choice. There are actually a bunch of hotels on Palm Parkway though the Quality Inn is probably one of the most economical.

If you prefer a rental property, as noted above you can get a condo or townhouse in that same price range. We've rented a townhouse in Crestwynd Bay our last 3 trips for about $70/night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter