If Disney built a WDW in Africa or the Middle East, would you ever visit?

A lot of those parks in Dubai are mostly indoors too (with some outdoor rides but not the majority). The temperature can get over 100F....no thank you lol

Truthfully there are some parts of the Middle East I would be uncomfortable going to as a solo woman.

Oh, definitely. I don't think DIsney would build in most of those countries at all. As I said, maybe Dubai, which has the economic base, is politically stable, and is reasonably tolerant (well, semi-reasonably - not perfect for sure). I still doubt it would happen though.

Oh, definitely. I don't think DIsney would build in most of those countries at all. As I said, maybe Dubai, which has the economic base, is politically stable, and is reasonably tolerant (well, semi-reasonably - not perfect for sure). I still doubt it would happen though.
Did you know that Universal attempted to build a park in Dubai? I'm unsure if it was outright cancelled or just put on hold but it got pretty far along in development to where they started construction.

Doubt Disney will build in Dubai. I could see them expanding with another park in Shanghai (right now there's a rumor they'll get a park similar to Animal Kingdom).

Did you know that Universal attempted to build a park in Dubai? I'm unsure if it was outright cancelled or just put on hold but it got pretty far along in development to where they started construction.

Doubt Disney will build in Dubai. I could see them expanding with another park in Shanghai (right now there's a rumor they'll get a park similar to Animal Kingdom).

Not that Shanghai is high on my list of places to visit - not at the moment anyway. I think I'd feel better in HK, and may try it at some point. There are definitely issues there though.

To take any vacation outside of the US would cost my vacation budget just to get out of the US, so no.

Nor would I ever have any desire to go to Africa or the Middle East. If I was traveling outside of the US, it would be to visit probably Italy and have nothing to do with Disney. There's enough theme parks here, why would I need to go elsewhere see a replica of one of the theme park I've already seen?

On a similar note, would Australia be a good place for a park.?

One day I hope to make it to Shanghai, Hong Kong, and Tokyo.
Ditto.. Tokyo being first priority.!!

I believe it is still in progress and actually getting somewhere.
*edit*
Nope, nevermind, it was Six Flags.

Last edited:
No, I have been to WDW (many times), Disneyland once and Disneyland Paris once. I no longer feel like even going to the spot that for me was a large part of my life for 40 years (WDW). I just no longer have any desire at all. Odd, because for many years I was obsessed and something that I thought about daily and looked forward to my next trip there. With that said, the idea of going to Africa or especially the Middle East, holds no interest for me.

Tokyo is the only spot that would peak my interest, but I no longer have any desire to fly for that many hours anymore, so until they build a bridge or float a train track across I don't think it will be doable.

Last edited:
No. I have some mild interest in DLP but not enough to make me travel all that way to see it. I'm more interested in seeing places in the US that I've yet to see at my age. That and also the US Disney parks. I'm also not a fan of flying. If I never have to fly again that would be perfectly fine with me.

No. I don't want that long of a plane ride. My kids would, probably, though. DS32 has been to UAE twice in the past year and he likes it there a lot.

Nope. DH will no longer leave the continental 48. We've both lived in foreign countries and traveled many places, but overseas or cross border travel is no longer in the cards.

Tokyo Disney literally opened 2 months after we moved from Japan. Missed opportunity :(

I have been an AP holder in Paris for a decade, visited all the other parks in the world and now working on ticking off all the cruise ships. So if there are more parks, then I will visit those too.

It makes it easier to decide to go where and what to explore. If it wasn't for Shanghai Disney, I would probably not have known what an amazing city Shanghai is. If visiting China was higher on my list of places to visit, then I would probably have gone to Beijing first.

You can combine Disney trips with visiting other places. Like going to Disney for a day and the next day a safari or dune racing. One doesn't rule out the other.

And you can do a Disney abroad vacation one year, and a non Disney vacation next. Or in between. Depending on how long your vacations can be and how long do you want them to be.

No. I have some mild interest in DLP but not enough to make me travel all that way to see it. I'm more interested in seeing places in the US that I've yet to see at my age. That and also the US Disney parks. I'm also not a fan of flying. If I never have to fly again that would be perfectly fine with me.
I went there, but not as a main destination. The trip to Paris was just a minor part of the month long touring experience in Europe. I never would have gone just to see DLP.

In Africa, perhaps. It is doubtful that a WDW would be built in either Israel or Egypt which are the only two countries in the Middle East that I might care to visit.
Fyi- Egypt is not the middle east. North Africa.

Well, I was just recently in Dubai and loved it and if there was a Disney park there, of course I would go. See how much money the emirates throws out. I’m not surprised there’s not a Disney park already there underneath the air-conditioned glass bubble- surrounded by a F1 track lol Most of the Middle East is a challenge, simply due to the heat and sustainability of building a park like that. if there were no conflicts, a beautiful country would be Syria, which is basically comparable to California weather and scenery. I also can’t think of any place in Africa, where a theme park would do well maybe South Africa would probably have the highest demand. Regardless, I’ve got any park anywhere if I had the opportunity. Tokyo’s next on my list.

Last edited:
No. Too far away. I think Disneyland is too far away so I’m likely not the best person to judge. 😜

I didn't go to Japan JUST to see Tokyo Disney Resort, but it was the primary reason. I did take time to see other things too though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter