if anyone likes posting about planes/military/patriotism etc... post here!

Airplane dis freak

Mouseketeer
F-22 Raptor Specifications
Primary Function: Fighter, air dominance
Contractor: Boeing and Lockheed Martin
Crew: Model F-22A will carry one crewperson
Unit Cost: N/A
Powerplant
Two Pratt & Whitney F119-PW-100 engines (155.69 kN / 35,000 lb st with afterburning each)
Dimensions
Length: 62 ft 1 inch
Wingspan: 44 ft 6 inches
Height: 16 ft 5 inches
Weights
Empty: N/A
Maximum Takeoff: 60,000 lb (27216 kg)
Performance
Speed: Mach 2 class
Ceiling: 50,000 ft (15240 m)
Range: N/A
Armament
One internal M61A2 20-mm cannon, three internal weapons bays, underside bay for four AIM-120A AMRAAMs and two lateral intake bays each with two AIM-9M sidewinder AAMs. Revised bays for 1,000 lb JDAMs replacing two AIM-120s and AIM-9X AAMs. Four underwing stores stations with provision for two AGM-137A Tri-Service Standoff Arrack Missiles and / or fuel tanks.

^ Top ^

F-22 Raptor Achievements
The F-22 has the ability to cruise at supersonic speeds.
The Raptor will be the leading American air-to-air fighter of the new century.

^ Top ^

F-22 Raptor Background
Prior to its selection as winner of what was then known as the Advanced Tactical Fighter (ATF) competition, the F-22 team conducted a 54-month demonstration/ validation (dem/val) program. The effort involved the design, construction and flight testing of two YF-22 prototype aircraft. Two prototype engines, the Pratt & Whitney YF119 and General Electric YF120, also were developed and tested during the program. The dem/val program was completed in December 1990.

Much of that work was performed at Boeing in Seattle, Lockheed (now known as Lockheed Martin) facilities in Burbank, Calif., and at General Dynamics' Fort Worth, Texas, facilities (now known as Lockheed Martin Tactical Aircraft Systems). The prototypes were assembled in Lockheed's Palmdale, Calif., facility and made their maiden flight from there. Since that time Lockheed's program management and aircraft assembly operations have moved to Marietta, Ga., for the EMD and production phases.

A $9.55 billion contract for Engineering and Manufacturing Development (EMD) of the F-22 was awarded to the industry team of Boeing and Lockheed Martin in August 1991. Contract changes since then have elevated the contract value to approximately $11 billion. Under terms of the contract, the F-22 team will complete the design of the aircraft, produce production tooling for the program, and build and test nine flightworthy and two ground-test aircraft.

In February 1995, the Air Force customer approved the final design of the F-22 air vehicle and confirmed that the program was ready to proceed to fabrication and assembly. The Air Force plans to procure 339 F-22s, and production is scheduled to run through 2013.
source :http://www.globalaircraft.org/planes/f-22_raptor.pl
http://www.af.mil<--- this is a good website

^ Top ^

F-22 Raptor Photos can be found at
http://www.globalaircraft.org/planes/f-22_raptor.pl

Thunderbirds lose team member

12/9/2005 - NELLIS AIR FORCE BASE, Nev. (AFPN) -- A staff sergeant stationed here with the U.S. Air Force Air Demonstration Squadron, the Thunderbirds, died in a San Diego house fire Dec. 8.

Staff Sgt. Brad Coker, a dedicated crew chief died at approximately 3 a.m.

Sergeant Coker was an important member of the Thunderbirds and a great American who served his country with pride. He will not be forgotten, Air Force officials said.

There will be a memorial service held for the sergeant next week.
Source: http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123013458

^^^^Awww that blows. I saw the Thunderbirds before, and I thought they were better than the Blue Angles, (who used to practice like right above my house when they were in town).

your dad or other relative in the Navy or something?
My whole dad's side of the family has flown planes at one time or another.
my dad used to be in the 318th, winners of the HUGHES TROPHY for 1984

Airplane said:
your dad or other relative in the Navy or something?
My whole dad's side of the family has flown planes at one time or another.
my dad used to be in the 318th, winners of the HUGHES TROPHY for 1984
I have a stepdad that was in the Army right before Destert Storm.
He doesn't like me. :rotfl2:

I also have a grandpa that was in the Coast Guard during WWII. Another grandpa that was stationed in Germany during Veitnam.

Airplane said:
how come yur so dedicated to the Navy then?
It's my rebellious spirit.

Also all my life I've been pushed to join the military. I don't want to die on the frontlines, so I'm not gunna be in the Army. I'd love to fly planes, but I'm too tall. So I figure if I ever go into the military, I'm going navy, and getting on a ship that will be hundreds of miles away from the front lines.

I have a cousin though that is prolly gunna go into the Army though.

MuNkY said:
It's my rebellious spirit.

Also all my life I've been pushed to join the military. I don't want to die on the frontlines, so I'm not gunna be in the Army. I'd love to fly planes, but I'm too tall. So I figure if I ever go into the military, I'm going navy, and getting on a ship that will be hundreds of miles away from the front lines.

too tall!? how
hundreds of miles away? (SNORT)
the front line is where the fighting is
it is not defined these days, it overlaps
the front line is EVERYWHERE these days

Airplane said:
too tall!? how
hundreds of miles away? (SNORT)
the front line is where the fighting is
it is not defined these days, it overlaps
the front line is EVERYWHERE these days
I'm going to be like 6'5" when all is said and done. Someone that tall won't exactly fit in a fighter Jet.

MuNkY said:
I'm going to be like 6'5" when all is said and done. Someone that tall won't exactly fit in a fighter Jet.

6'5"???? your tall!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter