Ideas for surprising DD 17 with her first car?

2mickeys1minnie

<font color=red>we've turned into that same crazy
My 17 year old daughter passed her road test recently. She has had her heart set on a jeep and has been combing craigslist and OfferUp everyday trying to find something affordable. She has no idea that DH and I found a really nice pre-owned jeep that we are picking up for her this week. I want to surprise her with it but I can't think of a cute way to do it. She is such a good kid, straight A's and just scored all 5's on her AP exams. She works part time and is just the sweetest girl. Even though we couldn't afford a brand new car like all of her friends got (don't get me started) we did the best we could and want to make it special for her. Any ideas would be so appreciated:) Thanks.

find some tree brances and large rocks and cover the driveway with the debri.
winter clothing outfit...my sister gave up her jeep because of the cold.
clapper hands from dollar store...i understand jeep folks have a special wave
gumby doll with keys inserted inside his body

I bought it brought it back and said here is your car. “Cute” wasn’t really a consideration. It was more convenient for me that she had a car and was heading off to college the next year anyway.

Where is the car coming from and would the seller be willing to be in on "the reveal"?

A friend bought a used car for her son from a dealership. She took her son there "just to see what they have" and the sales person said "I think I have a good one for you to look at. Let me bring it around." and drove the car around with a big bow on the top and handed him the keys. He was pretty surprised (she filmed). If it's a private seller and you don't have access to a big bow, maybe they could decorate it with some balloons for you or something.

Since she just passed the driving test a common thing to do is to have them drive to go do errands. What about trying to time the car getting there or being able to move it from away from the house to the driveway when you can casually say to go run some errands and say "why do you drive" and hand her the keys and show her? She could take it for a spin around the neighborhood first.

I hesitate to say have her try and drive an unfamiliar car out and about like someone mentioned with the car being at the restaurant especially a new driver instead of being able get familiar with it closer to the house.

Since she just passed the driving test a common thing to do is to have them drive to go do errands. What about trying to time the car getting there or being able to move it from away from the house to the driveway when you can casually say to go run some errands and say "why do you drive" and hand her the keys and show her? She could take it for a spin around the neighborhood first.

I hesitate to say have her try and drive an unfamiliar car out and about like someone mentioned with the car being at the restaurant especially a new driver instead of being able get familiar with it closer to the house.
We lucked out and she got the same car as mine only different colour and a few years older. Needed it because she was away at university and needed a car for her clinical part second year. First year she bused very where.

How about taking her out to eat and having it already there. Don‘t say anything until after and When you go to leave after your meal toss her the keys and say how about you take “that one” home.
Cute idea.

Another one: Tell her you've got her a Jeep -- then give her a Matchbook car Jeep to dash her expectations, then once she's done the obligatory little laugh, THEN hand over her keys.

Thank you everyone! These are such great ideas! We are getting the car this week and I'll let you know how it goes!

So exciting!

Maybe take a picture of the Jeep and make a funny photoshop of her in the driver seat. Put the picture in the frame and wrap it up.
When she opens she’ll probably ask something like ‘What picture is this?’ or ‘Where’s this picture from?’

Say ‘That’s you in your new jeep silly!’ 😆 Then point out the window at her jeep parked down the street.

Fun! We got DD19 a Jeep Liberty a few years ago, without her knowing. Now she says she'll never own anything but a Jeep. Just so you know what you're starting lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter