Ideas for How to Get 3 Year Old Excited about Harry Potter

MaryMichelotti

Earning My Ears
Hi! We will be going to Universal in June. My daughter will be 3. Any ideas of how to get her excited/ interested in Harry Potter? I was hoping there would be picture books geared to her age but was unable to find anything. Don't really want to introduce movies before the books. I ordered illustrated version of Sorcerer's Stone, but highly doubt she will sit through it. Anyone have any creative ideas? Thanks

Start telling her Harry Potter stories. Once upon a time, there was a little boy named Harry Potter who had two very good friends....they liked to get into lots of mischief!!! ........

So many themes to choose from! Make a wand and pretend to do magic. Find an owl and name it Hedwig (or some of the other pets). Find some Harry Potter glasses. Wear robes. Pretend to eat funny flavours with Jelly Beans. Play with a Sorting Hat. Pretend to be in the different houses....you be Gryffindor and I'll be Slytherin. Make potions using fun drink ingredients.

When my youngest was around 3/4, he really got into HP by watching Harry Potter Puppet Pals on YouTube. I would recommend watching them first, to make sure you are OK with them (they have one called Wizard Curses...things like troll bogey, etc...and Dumbledore gets "naked" in this one...just a peach colored hand puppet, but not sure if that's too far in your opinion as the mom :) )
Here's a link to my son's favorite (we watched it every day, then I had to make the puppets for him & he had a Potter Puppet bday):

There's also some fun crafts on Pinterest...coloring sheets, if you are crafty you could make the quiet time book (so cute)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter