Ideas for gift basket items

bradyloganmom

DIS Veteran
Fall Festival is coming at 2 DS's school. Every class creates a gift basket to be auctioned off. Need help for UNIQUE ideas-----one DS class theme is Nascar racing and the other is Winter Night Fun (figure everyone else will send it cocoa and mugs for that one). Any ideas or websites(NOT for ready-made baskets) would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

Our school does this too and my son's class was a "Date Night" theme, last year his class did University of TN basket with game tickets shirts etc. Everyone just donated items.

My DD's elem school did this, for a couple of years. HUGE money-maker for the PTA.

Some of the basket themes I recall were:

Golf
"fun-in-the-sun"
cooking
family movie night
family game night
cat themed
dog themed
teddy-bear themed
chocolate (inspired by 1 teacher's interest in chocolate)
Green Bay Packers stuff
scrapbooking
science fun-stuff (we had a science geek teacher - this was a fabulous basket)
gardening
"handy-man" stuff i.e. tools
books (from Scholastic Books credits from book sales)

Or if you are looking for contributions you could make for the two baskets, for the winter night - what about the DVD "Snow Dogs"?? Can't help at all with the Nascar theme - but that is a great idea for a theme.

I have also seen

tea baskets
coffee baskets
spa baskets
craft baskets (knitting, crochet, etc)
Mom's night off (restaurant gift cards, kid cookbooks)
new baby baskets

Hopefully you will find some new ideas in some of these! Our school did away with the baskets because it became too much of a show off competition and started a raffle with the kids selling tickets. I didn't like it, but it ended up making more money.

Our school just had their gift basket auction. We had a lot of the usual themes, but the three that seemed to get people really excited were the Carwashing Kit basket, the Disney basket, and the Cold and Flu Season Survival basket. FWIW my in-laws bid heavily on the games basket.

Someone once mentioned an "Around the World" themed basket he sent to his mom filled with food from around the world. She'd call up & say she was eating the cookies from Holland that nite. Another nite might be Italian biscotti, or Japanese noodles etc.

You could also do an Italian Pasta theme with pasta, sauce, olive oil, Parmesian cheese, etc.
Or a Kitchen gadget basket for new home owners. The dollar store has a gazillion kitchen utensils, cheese graters, dish towels, salt & pepper shakers, cutting board, etc., for a dollar.

for the winter themed basket, try admittion to a public skate at an ice rink or even a gift certificate for skating lessons and a pair of gloves.

Yes, I teach figure skating...can you tell? :mickeyjum

for winter night fun...how about a board game? not sure how big your basket might be...board games are great fun, to play w/family, sipping hot cocoa. popcorn & dvd is good too. :flower:

How about "Cars" for the nascar basket? Ok, so it's not *really* nascar, and maybe I just have it on the brain b/c we've watched it several times since it came out on dvd...

nascar hats or logo paraphrenelia?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter