Ideas for a "Your First Trip to Disney" package

wisteria1019

A dream is a wish your heart makes
My 8 year old inner child invited the 8 year old inner child of a good friend to join me for a few days of my (now) semi - solo trip in October. I will be celebrating the 25th anniversary of my 35th year (we are the same age) and he graciously agreed to accompany me for fourish days of the extravaganza. He has never been to Disney and I would like to put together a "Get ready for the World" package of sorts. Any ideas? I am planning to include a t-shirt, maybe some pj bottoms, moleskin, a copy of my now antiquated planning DVD. What else would you include? He will be there for almost five days - one park each day, ADRs at Jiko, Paddlefish and Il Molino. Thanks for your input!

Disney pocket guide ( you can get one at Barnes and Noble ), Disney pin starter set, sunscreen,energy bars, Disney gift card...

You could also look on the disneyflorist site. They are a bit high in my opinion but you may get some good ideas there.

A disney gift card is great idea! He can use it anywhere! Maybe toss in a Mickey-themed snack too. You're such a gracious hostess!

Nice plan! Is he a golfer? Maybe some Disney Golf accessories. Hat, Balls, Umbrella, Club Head Covers, I've seen a bunch. Is he a Wine drinker? I've seen some cool F&W themed stemless glasses advertised that are going to be available at F&W this year that I plan to get.

Looks like someone is selling "1st Visit" buttons on eBay for a dollar each including shipping. They're free once you get there, though... but if you can get your hands on one that would be a cool part of the package... or maybe you could ask WDW to mail you some park maps (not sure if they do that anymore now that everything's in the app).

Nice plan! Is he a golfer? Maybe some Disney Golf accessories. Hat, Balls, Umbrella, Club Head Covers, I've seen a bunch. Is he a Wine drinker? I've seen some cool F&W themed stemless glasses advertised that are going to be available at F&W this year that I plan to get.
Not a golfer. We'll be spending time at F&W, but I want to send him the package a month before the trip. Thanks, though.

Ooooh! Perhaps your inner children might enjoy a starter set of pins for trading? A book of clues for all the Hidden Mickeys? A scavenger hunt checklist?

Ooooh! Perhaps your inner children might enjoy a starter set of pins for trading? A book of clues for all the Hidden Mickeys? A scavenger hunt checklist?

Scavenger hunts are always cool. I made one for my daughter in April with pictures of different Topiaries during F&G. We had a lot of fun looking for them. You could also do an eat or drink around the world passport. Our's had a flag from each country with a space to get it stamped at each Kidcot Station once completed.

What about a Disney water bottle (I think you can get them at Target) or a Disney baseball cap?

Thanks everyone. We'll have plenty to do and see once there - for his first trip, I'm keeping the itinerary simple as to not overwhelm. I'm looking for things to put in a "Get ready for the World package" that I will send about a month prior. I have purchased socks, t-shirt, pj pants. I will include moleskin, an old planning video, water bottle. I appreciate your input.

Poncho, Autograph book and pen (Would his inner 8 year old enjoy that? ), Sunscreen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter