Ideas for a special meal for 11 people.

connorlevismom

DIS Veteran
We are going in December with DH's brothers and their families. There will be 11 of us total and all of them,with the exception of us, have never been to Disney. We want to do something special with them the first night but cannot think of anything. We want something that will "wow" them and make them never forget the trip. We talked about an illuminations dessert party but some of the kids don't like being that close to fireworks Then we talked about a semi private dinner in a restaurant where they could put flowers on the table and we could get a speicalty cake made. I just cannot find that much information out there. We don't want a character meal because we plan on doing a couple of those already. We want a place where we don't have to dress up and just a place where we can relax and get ready for the trip. We are staying at Animak Kingdom if that helps. Any ideas?

Kristine

I responded to your post in the other forum but i will put it here to.
My favorite thing to do at disney is to eat at the california bar and grill on top of the contemporary. If you check to see when wished is happening and plan your meal at that time you can watch the fireworks from ontop of the contemporary. They pipe the music into the reasturant and it is in my opinion the best view of the fireworks you can have. I dont know the ages of the people in your party but when we went we got to there an hour and a half early and requested a magic kingdom side window seat and got to watch the fire works from our table. Obviously if there are kids in the group that will not work out for you guys but you can sit anywhere and go out to the opbservation deck.

Hope this helps.

P.S. Its a little on the expensive side but is well worth it if you ask me.

I also noticed after i posted this that it was 66 days til you go. You will be very lucky to get in here with that short of notice with 11 people but i would try anyway

How about a dinner at 'Ohana? It's served family style and the kids will enjoy the coconut races. Afterward, you can watch Wishes from the Poly's beach.

Hoop Dee Doo is a fun dinner show, but expensive and getting a table for 11 at this date might not be easy. It's a great show for all ages!

Make your ADR ASAP regardless of where you decide to go.

I responded to your post in the other forum but i will put it here to.
My favorite thing to do at disney is to eat at the california bar and grill on top of the contemporary. If you check to see when wished is happening and plan your meal at that time you can watch the fireworks from ontop of the contemporary. They pipe the music into the reasturant and it is in my opinion the best view of the fireworks you can have. I dont know the ages of the people in your party but when we went we got to there an hour and a half early and requested a magic kingdom side window seat and got to watch the fire works from our table. Obviously if there are kids in the group that will not work out for you guys but you can sit anywhere and go out to the opbservation deck.

Hope this helps.

P.S. Its a little on the expensive side but is well worth it if you ask me.

I also noticed after i posted this that it was 66 days til you go. You will be very lucky to get in here with that short of notice with 11 people but i would try anyway

We will have 5 kids with ages 8,6,5,2,1

Kristine

It's not 66 days until December. OP has plenty of time before ADRs can be made.

Are you registered as a grand gathering? Of course if you don't want the dessert party that won't help you with a first night event. There is a Grand Gathering safari event at AK but I think that's during the day - not sure.

I'm not sure a party of eleven will get a windowside table at California Grill.

'Ohana or Hoop de Doo sound like fun for a group.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!