Idea for (free) Water at Parks

donnajz

DIS Veteran
In the past, I packed a few empty (individual size) apple juice bottles. Before heading to the parks, I stop at the food court, fill it with as much ice as possible, then top it off with water. I’m able screw the lid on and keep it in my purse/tote to sip on throughout the morning and it stays cold for awhile. At lunch I’ll rinse the bottle, get a cup of ice and a cup of water from wherever we eat, then refill it. We do the same thing in the evening when we’re heading back to the park. This saves on purchasing water or drinking the water from fountains plus when it’s extremely hot (we always go in August), we always have cold water on hand. I can’t remember if the juice bottles in the food courts have a wide mouth which is needed to put in ice. Does anyone know? If so, I empty bottles wouldn't need to be brought from home.

Ice water is free at the parks. Just go up to any of the counter places and ask for a cup of ice water. They'll give it to you free.

Ice water is free at the parks. Just go up to any of the counter places and ask for a cup of ice water. They'll give it to you free.

True...but I like to have it so wherever I am (waiting in line, etc.) I always have it right there. Also...its one less line to deal with ;)

True...but I like to have it so wherever I am (waiting in line, etc.) I always have it right there. Also...its one less line to deal with ;)

I agree.

We use hydration backpacks-- fill with ice and water in the morning and then get a cup or two of ice when ever we stop to eat to refill/chill the remaining water. With 3 young kids it's nice to always have cold water whenever they're thirsty (usually when we're standing in line). :thumbsup2

I agree. We use hydration backpacks-- fill with ice and water in the morning and then get a cup or two of ice when ever we stop to eat to refill/chill the remaining water. With 3 young kids it's nice to always have cold water whenever they're thirsty (usually when we're standing in line). :thumbsup2

What is a hydration backpack? How large is it? I've never heard of it.

At Wal-Mart they sell their brand for around $20. It is good way to start.
I also have this Camelbak that goes around the waist. I do not like carrying backpacks in the heat! This holds just enough water to get you by in between getting the free water. It can hold a lot of your items.
I can always find an 20% off coupon for that website.

Oh, I see. Sorry 'bout that.

I agree with the other posters and say go with a camelback.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter