ice cream social

rileyroosmom

DIS Veteran
I have PS at the Garden Grill for the ice cream social. Anyone ever go and if so, which characters are there? I've been thinking that maybe I should also book a breakfast or dinner. I have three kids, 10, 7, 3. Not sure if a meal is worth it. DS 10 could care less about characters. DD3 I'm sure will be scared and DS7 could go either way! Any suggestions? Thanks!::MinnieMo

The ice cream is big and yummy!!! The characters we had....Mickey, Pluto, Chip and Dale.

Lots of interaction. It was worth it for us. We also did a character dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern. That was awesome as well.

Just make sure you are hungry for ice cream, or it will be a waste. Use the search. Some people had pictures of the ice cream. I think it is great.

We did the social in November 2002. It was fun and worth the price. It is a cheap character interactive food event. The ice cream sundaes are huge--at least our adult ones were. Sorry I can't comment on the kid's sundaes.

Characters: Pluto, Chip and Dale and Farmer Mickey when we went. We had lots of character time with Pluto and Dale. Mickey came by once but spent most of his time with the small kids--which was good. We picked the social this because as adults we wanted to do something fun with characters, but not the full meal and we wanted to experience the revolving restaurant.

Advice: if your kids have a favorite character, get a T-shirt with the character and let them wear it to whatever character meal you decide if you know that character will be there. I had on a Pluto Tee and Pluto spent more time with me than anyone else!

I haven't heard of this one, how much does it cost? What are the times? TIA

The ice cream social is held at the Garden Grill in Epcot. It costs $6.99pp (adults and kids). The times are 3:00 and I think 3:10. Hope that helps

Just curious how this works...We have PS for 3:00 pm for the Ice Cream Social. Does that mean we have to eat our Ice cream and get out before the 3:10 'ers can come in? Seems kind of rushed to be able to enjoy the characters too. Not sure how they work that can anyone explain?

Just curious how this works...We have PS for 3:00 pm for the Ice Cream Social. Does that mean we have to eat our Ice cream and get out before the 3:10 'ers can come in? Seems kind of rushed to be able to enjoy the characters too. Not sure how they work that can anyone explain?

You can take your time and enjoy your ice cream - there is no rush to get out. The characters are great with the kids. We have an extremely shy 4 year old and the only time she would interact with the characters during our last stay was at this place! The characters (especially Chip and Dale) took lots of time with her, played tic-tac-toe at the table with her even ... and she is now in love with both chip and dale :)

We skipped dinner this day (yes I know ... not very healthy but hey - its just one dinner) and kind of snacked our way around the world showcase after the great big sundaes.

We are going to the Ice cream soc.
One of my grandaughters does not like Ice cream(go figure). Does anyone know if they would have sherbet?
The other five of us LOVE Ice cream, and I Know my Grandaughter will have fun, just being there, but still, It would be nice if we could get something for her also.

Don't worry about the time. You will not be rushed. There is no way you could eat this much ice cream in 10 minutes--major head rush!

When we went the restaurant was not crowded, only a few people having a late lunch. Very few people know about the ice cream social. That is sad because it is so much fun. Guess this is one of the wonderful little secrets at Disney.

Another cool thing you can do here is a "Re-Hitching" ceremony. Tell the CM you want to get re-hitched while you are being seated and they do this cute little ceremony for married couples. You get a certificate and a great photo op. Its a lot of fun if you have a partner who is game for a little fun :)

Do they interact to adults with no kids too. I have heard some pretty awful reviews, that adults who go pretty much get ignored unless you have kids.

We are not married and so that re-hitching thing isn't for us. Is that the only interaction with adults they do?

I love the idea of the "re-hitching" I just told dh about it and he told my dd that they need to keep me off the computer!! LOL!! I'm going to try and do this when we are down there! Thanks "Teaching in NV!"

We don't have kids, but had a blast back in September of 2002 with the characters at the Ice Cream Social. We were patient and realized the characters were still working the last of the lunch crowd as well as the people there for the social.

It was one of the most magical parts of our trip. Maggie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter