I Went Running and Racing...and Boozing and Freezing!

I'd say it's about time I finish this TR, wouldn't you?! Especially since today is my DOUBLE-DIGIT DANCE for a trip I didn't think I was even going to be taking!!!! So, dance along with me on day 99, won't you?!
:dancer::dancer::dancer:party::banana::banana::banana:

There. Now that that's out of the way....where were we?

Oh, yes, I was having a bit of hysteria over the Flickr dilemma. So, I took @StarWarsMomofGirls! advice and just paid the fee to go Pro. Now, my pictures are safe, and so are my TRs, and aren't you all just so thrilled I finally took care of that?

Ok, back to June 27, 2018

Now, this morning I was up before the sun because we were about to embark on two bonus Disney days, and there wasn't a moment to lose!! I got all of our bags packed and organized, so we could grab a quick breakfast, pack up and hit the road just about an hour away to Pop Century!

20180627_062811 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr
Just look at that sweet little face! I will post some current pics when I finish up here, and you will not believe that the big boy who lives in my house now was this curly haired, chubby cheeked face just 7 short months ago! He was excited to put his name on this board because the previous two nights it was completely full and there wasn't any room. Lucky to be the first one awake (sorry, Jimmy, we've got places to be!) he got to be the first name on the board today :)

20180627_070049 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr
LEGO hands up!

20180627_082627 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr
Yay, we're almost there!!!

We parked at Pop Century, and I ran inside to check us in. We were given gray magicbands...blah, but still exciting. Our room wasn't ready yet, but we didn't care, we were ready to hop on a bus and get the day started!! We decided to go to Hollywood Studios today (Jimmy's pick) and Magic Kingdom the next day (MY pick!)

Before too long, we were visiting our friends from a Galaxy far far away...
20180627_092311 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr 20180627_095059 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

and where are my adorable Chewbacca pictures? I do not know. So, I will look for them, but let's move on anyway!

I had booked us a couple of FPs, but there wasn't any terrific availability because we were so late to the party. I was secretly hoping we may stumble on a soft opening for TSL because we were there SO CLOSE to opening day. No such luck, but I was happy to be able to get us on TSMM, and we had a great ride even though we are all pretty terrible at aim and accuracy!
20180627_095742 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr 20180627_100225 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr 20180627_100619 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

Next up was lunch at one of my favorites, '50's Primetime Cafe. I was pleasantly surprised that we were able to make an ADR for this the night before at a fairly normal lunch time. We only had to wait a short time, but that never seems to bother me because I love sitting in these little front room nooks.
20180627_110142 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

Jimmy had a birthday button on, so our "cousin" waiter asked him if he would like a long or short birthday song. Jimmy picked the short one. Not sure if this will work--I think it's my first video posting, so fingers crossed!
20180627_114404 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr
20180627_114425 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

We wandered around DHS without a care in the world, and it was seriously the best day! Since we didn't expect to be here and no real plans, every second just felt like a bonus. I know I got to ride ToT and RnRC, my fav, and did NOT lose my phone this time around (yay, me.) We caught the Star Wars characters coming by a couple of times, which Jimmy and Rob both had to stop and watch.
20180627_122638 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr 20180627_124242 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

We decided we'd like to get some pool time in, so we headed back to Pop. We were pleasantly surprised by a newly renovated room with a view of the lake. Jimmy was overjoyed because he got to sleep on "the bed that's in the wall!"
20180627_150357 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr 20180627_150513 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

I got rose gold ears on the way out of the park, and I was sitting in a hotel room in my favorite place in the whole wide world. I could not keep the smile off my face :)
20180627_151139 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

...and then....because we were headed for the pool...this happened:
20180627_153714 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

The storm passed quickly, but the pool didn't open right away, so we hung out at the Petals bar, played some ping pong and just enjoyed being together.
20180627_172543 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr 20180627_172558 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr 20180627_172753 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr
See?! Still grinning :)

We did go back to DHS for a little while that night, though the only picture I took was this one. I may or may not have screamed at Rob, "It's Gus!!!" He and Jimmy continued walking...away from me. Amateurs. I know you guys will be excited with me!
20180627_173745 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

What a great day in Disney! I sometimes wonder if overplanning gets in the way of the just having fun because sometimes the best memories come from the laid back plans!

We got stuck in Disney after our trip to see the Osborne Lights and my Mom was upset because she was going to miss another day of work and insisted we sit in the airport hotel room. I decided we were not going to do that, called down to the rental car places, got us a car for $17 and we had a great night eating at Kona Cafe and resort hopping to see all of the Christmas decorations!

Oh, yes, I was having a bit of hysteria over the Flickr dilemma. So, I took @StarWarsMomofGirls! advice and just paid the fee to go Pro. Now, my pictures are safe, and so are my TRs, and aren't you all just so thrilled I finally took care of that?
I know it hurt a little but made life a little easier.

20180627_082627 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr
Had to have been the longest drive ever! We have driven that stretch, it's pretty boring!

20180627_095059 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

and where are my adorable Chewbacca pictures? I do not know. So, I will look for them, but let's move on anyway!
Man, I can't wait to be able to have real blue milk!!!!

44902792252_1b890902f3_z.jpg
Why do I have a feeling that the long song is the same just with the word long in it?

The storm passed quickly, but the pool didn't open right away, so we hung out at the Petals bar, played some ping pong and just enjoyed being together.
Sounds like a great day!!!!!

What a great day in Disney! I sometimes wonder if overplanning gets in the way of the just having fun because sometimes the best memories come from the laid back plans!
I am a huge over-planner! I continue to squeeze things into our WDW days because I have FOMO on anything exciting that comes up as we are waiting to go on the trip! I learned a really valuable lesson during these 2 Disney days about just slowing down and taking it all in. I enjoyed these two days, especially our MK day, SO much!

Had to have been the longest drive ever! We have driven that stretch, it's pretty boring!
It was boring, but I was SO excited, and Jimmy and I were just chatting away about everything we wanted to do/see that it surprisingly went by quickly.

Man, I can't wait to be able to have real blue milk!!!!
We'll be there in December right after Christmas...I hope we will get to experience some of Galaxy's Edge by then! I keep wondering when the official opening date will be, and that it won't be pushed back from "late fall 2019" to early 2020!

Sounds like a great first Disney day! I love days where you can just go with the flow! I hate how everything feels like it has to be so planned out right down to the minute! I wish there could be more "go with the flow" time in Disney!

So, dance along with me on day 99, won't you?!

:dancer:party::jumping1::dance3::banana::banana::banana:

So exciting! I know I'm at WDW for sure when you see the purple road signs.

We were given gray magicbands

Blah, but at least you now have grey for your collection. And speaking of MBs we need to decide colors for May! I think blue is the only color in the new style I don't have so I'll probably get that. I need to pull mine out and take a look to be sure. I'll probably bring three or four colors with me so I can change them out. :rotfl:

I was secretly hoping we may stumble on a soft opening for TSL because we were there SO CLOSE to opening day. No such luck

Darn! That would have been an awesome thing to experience.

Next up was lunch at one of my favorites, '50's Primetime Cafe.

Yum! I want some of the pot roast and a piece of that chocolate peanut butter cake right now!

Not sure if this will work--I think it's my first video posting, so fingers crossed!

It did, so cute!

We were pleasantly surprised by a newly renovated room with a view of the lake. Jimmy was overjoyed because he got to sleep on "the bed that's in the wall!"

You do not know just how excited I am to sleep in that "bed that's in the wall" with Pluto right above my head. :rotfl2:

.because we were headed for the pool...this happened:

Yuck!

I may or may not have screamed at Rob, "It's Gus!!!" He and Jimmy continued walking...away from me. Amateurs. I know you guys will be excited with me!

I would have been screaming right along with you. Well, maybe. I have spotted him at DHS before but I've been too shy to approach him.

Blah, but at least you now have grey for your collection. And speaking of MBs we need to decide colors for May! I think blue is the only color in the new style I don't have so I'll probably get that. I need to pull mine out and take a look to be sure. I'll probably bring three or four colors with me so I can change them out. :rotfl:
I was thinking the same thing! I need to decide what color...pink is my favorite, but I already have that one. How does that work for this trip? I customize my own? Or I tell you, and you do it for me?

You do not know just how excited I am to sleep in that "bed that's in the wall" with Pluto right above my head. :rotfl2:
You'll be having me take your picture just like Jimmy was posed in his pic!! LOL

I would have been screaming right along with you. Well, maybe. I have spotted him at DHS before but I've been too shy to approach him.
At least you would've known what I was talking about!! !:)

I was thinking the same thing! I need to decide what color...pink is my favorite, but I already have that one. How does that work for this trip? I customize my own? Or I tell you, and you do it for me?

I have to customize for you and it will be shipped to me. I'll turn around and ship it right to you so you will have it for the trip. I'll also get your bag tags which I will send to you. I'm guessing you won't be using them since you are landing so late but you will need the letter that goes with them just in case something goes wrong at the check in desk.

You'll be having me take your picture just like Jimmy was posed in his pic!! LOL

Definitely!!

I have to customize for you and it will be shipped to me. I'll turn around and ship it right to you so you will have it for the trip. I'll also get your bag tags which I will send to you. I'm guessing you won't be using them since you are landing so late but you will need the letter that goes with them just in case something goes wrong at the check in desk.
Ah, that's sort of what I was thinking, but I wasn't 100% sure! I will make my decision then and let you know. It all depends on if I decide to decorate my band or not! Got to see what color scheme I'm going with :)

June 28, 2018

Today would be our Magic Kingdom day, so I was very excited to get us up and moving early!! Jimmy hopped over from his bed to watch a little Disney channel while Rob and I got ready for the day.
20180628_055331 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

Our sock game was particularly strong this day, as well!!
20180628_061500 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

Before long we were entering the gates of the happiest place!
20180628_070537 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

Every time I go to the Magic Kingdom, I wish I could ride on a Main Street vehicle, but it just never seems to work out. We're either there for EMH before the vehicles are out, or we are there in time to see them, but checking in for a tour and can't get a ride right now, etc. Today, as we walked under the train station, there was the Omni bus loading up! I don't think I even spoke any words to Rob or Jimmy before skipping over to get in line to hop on!
20180628_070716 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr 20180628_070727 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

Even though I've walked down Main Street countless times in my life, there was just something so magically spectacular about riding down the street on the bus. It made me sniffle some happy tears, for sure, especially as the music suddenly played "Meet Me in St. Louis," which was one of my Grandma's favorite songs. Taking a closer look at the windows was awesome, too.
20180628_071148 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr 20180628_071216 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr 20180628_071525 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

I was the happiest girl :)
20180628_071541(0) by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr 20180628_071655 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

I had made a couple of Fastpasses that would lead us to Fantasyland to start our day.
20180628_073333 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

Jimmy had to take a ride on his favorite girl's horse.
20180628_075014 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr 20180628_075022 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

Honeypots!
20180628_081305 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

The happiest little cruise that ever sailed:
20180628_082642 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

Ariana's favorite hippo:
20180628_082839 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

And my personal favorite, Jimmy's reenactment of the first time he noticed the "scary clown" on It's a Small World LOL
20180628_083508 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr 20180628_083514 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

The weather couldn't have been more perfect, and we were basking in the glow of happiness that being at Disney World brings!!
20180628_090759 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

On our way back down Main Street, we ran into the Fire Chief, who asked Rob if he was a firefighter because "firefighters always have HOT wives." Slightly flattered, slightly creeped out, I snapped this pic anyway!
20180628_091052 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

Then, we headed over to Tomorrowland.
20180628_100753 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr 20180628_101121 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr 20180628_101228 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr 20180628_102458 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

I had the Mrs. Incredible mask with black salt (pretty delicious!) with plastic cheese sauce, of course.
20180628_113220 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

Jimmy found a friend he sadly had to leave behind. @DMGeurts He understand how Victoria feels.....and hopes he's lucky enough to get one of his own someday!!
20180628_114443 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

To be continued...

Ah, that's sort of what I was thinking, but I wasn't 100% sure! I will make my decision then and let you know. It all depends on if I decide to decorate my band or not! Got to see what color scheme I'm going with

I plan to bring 4 of my bands so I can switch out colors! I'll decide which ones once I look at all my outfits. I did try to decorate a band many trips ago but crafty I am not! It turned out a pretty hot mess so I gave up that idea. :rotfl:

Our sock game was particularly strong this day, as well!!

Nice!

there was the Omni bus loading up!

That's one thing I have yet to do with all my trips to WDW. I'm always rushing down Main Street to get to one ride or another before the line gets long. One of these days I need to slow down and enjoy Main Street a little more. The Omni bus is definitely my first choice to ride!

Jimmy had to take a ride on his favorite girl's horse.

Of course, I wouldn't expect anything less.

Ariana's favorite hippo:

Yay! :banana: There my drunk hippo.

Jimmy's reenactment of the first time he noticed the "scary clown" on It's a Small World LOL

Totally agree with him on that one. Clowns are just creepy! Any kid from the 80s who grew up watching Poltergeist knows that. ::yes::

Slightly flattered, slightly creeped out, I snapped this pic anyway!

:rotfl2:

Jimmy found a friend he sadly had to leave behind.

:sad::stitch2: I ordered mine off of the Shop Disney App. Might be a future birthday or Christmas gift?

I did try to decorate a band many trips ago but crafty I am not! It turned out a pretty hot mess so I gave up that idea. :rotfl:
By decorate, I mean buy a sticker and apply it to my band :) I will keep it simple because I can't imagine what it would look like if I did it myself LOL

That's one thing I have yet to do with all my trips to WDW. I'm always rushing down Main Street to get to one ride or another before the line gets long. One of these days I need to slow down and enjoy Main Street a little more. The Omni bus is definitely my first choice to ride!
There was really something so wonderful about just strolling with no particular destination or schedule. Now that I've gotten my ride on the Omni bus (my first choice, as well!) I've got my sights set on a firetruck ride :)

.....I guess I could've asked the fire chief, come to think of it!! :rotfl:

I apparently neglected to keep up with this one so HELLO I'M BACK TO CATCH UP!

Omg all your runDisney chapters have me wanting to do a race. I haven't run competitively since end of middle school, early high school when my body just said, "Nope, not a runner anymore". I have flat feet/collapsed arches which led to many problems during my running career including shin splints when I was 10, not fun. But they look like so much fun. I was crying along with you running through an empty Epcot. I'd probably not be the one to skip characters I actually wanted to meet. My heart couldn't bear it. I also cried a little at Vacation Genie as that who is my attendant roommate on my first CP got to be out with when he got a runDisney shift (after I had left, he still has a photo of them both on a golf cart).

Awww, this two week road trip just sounds like the most fun. So many surprises and you all just seem so happy. I'm so glad you managed to fit in a quickie at WDW. If my family every planned a trip to Florida and we were NOT going to Disney, I'd stay home and be like, "What is the point? What else is great about Florida?" Granted I might be living there depending on where Disney careers take me lol

Also, on your most recent post, totally relate to Jimmy with Stitch. They have a tiny little shop at Disneyland with just Stitches and Angels and omg if I could've I would've taken the Angel home (I do have a big Stitch actually lmao, he's a great pillow).

I don't think I even spoke any words to Rob or Jimmy before skipping over to get in line to hop on!
I am so glad you got to do this. I LOVED it when we did it! Such an amazing view.

Ha! Too funny!

I had the Mrs. Incredible mask with black salt (pretty delicious!) with plastic cheese sauce, of course.
I want to try this when we go! And a Num Num Cookie!

Sounds like a great start to the day!

I apparently neglected to keep up with this one so HELLO I'M BACK TO CATCH UP!
Not your fault! I've literally been writing it forever :) ALMOST done though!!

Omg all your runDisney chapters have me wanting to do a race.

I was crying along with you running through an empty Epcot.
You should definitely do it!! I run several 5Ks a year, and was SUPER nervous about signing up for the 10K, but there is just something so magical about running through Disney that it doesn't even feel like you're out of breath. I was actually SAD that I hadn't signed up for the half and full marathons, like seriously?! Who even am I!?

Awww, this two week road trip just sounds like the most fun. So many surprises and you all just seem so happy. I'm so glad you managed to fit in a quickie at WDW.
We've never done a trip like this, but after how amazing it all turned out, this certainly won't be our last road trip! Parts of it were planned, and parts of it popped up along the way, but that's what made it so fun...especially the Disney days :)

Also, on your most recent post, totally relate to Jimmy with Stitch. They have a tiny little shop at Disneyland with just Stitches and Angels and omg if I could've I would've taken the Angel home (I do have a big Stitch actually lmao, he's a great pillow).
He has the giant Mickey tsum tsum and about 10 pillow pets along with his mountain of other "guys" and Build a Bear friends. If we bring home Stitch, Jimmy will have to sleep on the floor LOL

I am so glad you got to do this. I LOVED it when we did it! Such an amazing view.
I remember being SO jealous of you guys when you got to ride the Omnibus!! :) It was AMAZING! :)

Well, what's a Magic Kingdom day without the 3:00 parade, I ask you!?

We decided to have lunch at Pecos Bill's--hello, toppings bar!!!--and then find a spot for the parade. We waited a short while and Jimmy was very excited to see some of the Country Bears wandering around.
20180628_133120 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

While the handlers weren't really letting them stop for pictures, I think Jimmy's little grinning face (and birthday button!!) worked a little pixie dust in his favor!

20180628_133421 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

Then, the parade began!!
20180628_140015 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr 20180628_140033 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

Jimmy was yelling and BOOing at Captain Hook, to which Hook responded...
20180628_140442 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr
He pointed and Jimmy and then showed him the hook! It was so funny, and I was trying to video tape and take pictures at the same time (as Moms do!) when Mr. Smee walked up to high five Jimmy. I thought I got a great picture, but was disappointed when I realized my camera was zoomed in like 5 times!!

I was astonished later on looking through my pictures to see that this is the picture my zoomed in lens had captured anyway. It looks like I did it on purpose for instagram or something LOL
20180628_140459 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

We were disappointed that we wouldn't be seeing the Maleficent float due to the terrible accident she'd had earlier in the year....even more disappointed by this sad little gazebo that replaced her!!
20180628_140753 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

A birthday wave from Pluto!
20180628_140947 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

After the parade, we headed back to Pop for some pool time and crossed our fingers the afternoon thunderstorm would give us a break for a change!
20180628_160837 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr 20180628_164917 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

After our afternoon swim, we changed and headed back to MK for the evening. The day was feeling just perfect!
20180628_180617 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr 20180628_181058 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

We enjoyed visiting some of our favorite attractions, which I do not need to caption because you all know exactly where we were :)
20180628_184542 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr 20180628_191924 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr 20180628_195137 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

It was almost time for the fireworks and Jimmy started to be cranky and whiny. I really wanted to see Happily Ever After from Main Street because our January trip just never seemed to work out for us seeing them from there! But, instead I decided not to be selfish, and to let Jimmy pick what to do next. He wanted to ride the Tomorrowland Speedway...I did not. So, I sent them on their way and I stood between there and the Teacups to catch what I could of the fireworks from what I was sure would be the world's worst angle.

Imagine my surprise when the sound was piped in back here (I did not think it would be!) and I turned around to catch this pic!
20180628_201907 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr
I think things sometimes happen for a reason. I forgot all about what a stinker my son had been just a few minutes earlier and thought, this right here is EXACTLY where I am supposed to be at this moment. How lucky am I to be standing right here in my favorite place in the world when I was really supposed to be on a road trip back to Chicago this very day?! I cried (because I'm a crier...especially at Disney!), the boys joined me just as the finale fireworks were ending.

We headed to one of our favorites, the Peoplemover, and to my delight (and my husband's complete confusion) the lights were on in Space Mountain!!!!!!! I remember saying, "The only thing that could make this better is if we have to be evacuated from this ride!!" He's like, "Why would you ever wish for that to happen?!" He just doesn't understand.
20180628_204333 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr 20180628_204415 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr 20180628_204430 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr 20180628_204438 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

And all too soon, our perfect Magic Kingdom day was over. We made our way down Main Street and slowly under the train station. I was crying (#disneycrier), but my heart was feeling SO full and very grateful for the wonderful time we'd had.
20180628_205830 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr 20180628_215135 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

Technically, Stitch DID get to come home with us...because Mommy is a sucker on the last night of the trip, and just can't say no.
20180628_225115 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!