• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I was just curious if anyone has been to recent Disney Hollywood Studios in a wheelchair to watch the Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular?

RaySharpton

Retired and going to Disney.
I was just curious if anyone has been to recent Disney Hollywood Studios in a wheelchair to watch the Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular?

new-star-wars-galactic-spectacular-16x9.jpg

Show Accessibility Information still just says,
"Accessibility: May Remain in Wheelchair/ECV"

Can you tell me any good spots to watch from in my wheelchair?

When I was there in May 2019, they still didn't have a designated wheelchair area like this past December 2019.

I tried finding a spot on the taped lines for the walkways that cast members to guide guests through, but guests were still standing in front of me or to the side of me so I could only see straight ahead like sitting in a mobility scooter for a parade in a non-handicap section.

There is so much to see to the left and right, but I couldn't see with a person's bottom to the left of me and to the right of me.

Last edited:
When we were there in January, we had a helpful CM that gave us a spot right on the tape line. We were at the end of a row of folks from the Dessert Party (we didn't attend that night, but have previously). We found a "manager" type CM about 25 minutes before (she had a walkie, and her clothing was "dressier"), and she promptly led us over to that special section. No one batted an eye when all of the Dessert Party folks came out a few minutes later; in the remaining time before the show started, they brought a lot of other folks in mobility devices of all kinds over to that area. Riders were lined up in the first two rows, and ambulatory folks were standing in the back.

When my friend in her ECV ani I went we saw it at the tape line that they had at the intersection of the road going in and the road where RNR and TOT. Here is a picture of where we where I think the blue arrow point to the front of the park green arrow to TOT and RNR. red dot is where we were

Attachments

• 23D8F0D1-F434-4C60-8B76-7D8F577B149E.jpeg
    23D8F0D1-F434-4C60-8B76-7D8F577B149E.jpeg
    50.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Hi, mamabunny. That is what I did last time, but the cast members said they didn't know any place.

This December 2019, I'll make sure to ask again and look for it.

Last time I tried two spaces.

I tried to get to the brick wall in the center and I had a good view until many of the dessert party guests decided to stand on the second wall in front of me. There was shrubbery between the two walls. The wall in front of me many people sat on it waiting for me.

It was worse viewing than any other place. What can you do? Maybe if I had sat more to the left or right at the brick wall, I would have had better luck with no one standing in front of me.

The other place was the "T" shaped walkways that the cast members taped off to allow guests to walk back and forth or back to the entrance of the DHS park. People still stopped and stood in front of me. I guess that it was just bad luck on my part.

When we were there in January, we had a helpful CM that gave us a spot right on the tape line. We were at the end of a row of folks from the Dessert Party (we didn't attend that night, but have previously). We found a "manager" type CM about 25 minutes before (she had a walkie, and her clothing was "dressier"), and she promptly led us over to that special section. No one batted an eye when all of the Dessert Party folks came out a few minutes later; in the remaining time before the show started, they brought a lot of other folks in mobility devices of all kinds over to that area. Riders were lined up in the first two rows, and ambulatory folks were standing in the back.

Hi, gap2368. I see where you were talking about. The tape I was sitting at was in front of those two towers, too.

When my friend in her ECV ani I went we saw it at the tape line that they had at the intersection of the road going in and the road where RNR and TOT. Here is a picture of where we where I think the blue arrow point to the front of the park green arrow to TOT and RNR. red dot is where we were

Hi, gap2368. I see where you were talking about. The tape I was sitting at was in front of those two towers, too.
My friend could see from her ECV but there was people walking during the show so There is some times you will not be able too see. And we where close to the middle of the street ( half the street is open for people to walk down ).

Dang, Ray. I'm sorry!

It really is hard - that show especially is difficult to see everything if you can't get into a good position.

With all of the projections being used in the shows now, I think it becomes more and more important to have a good viewing angle, and with the Parks so packed, it's just hard.

Dang, Ray. I'm sorry!

It really is hard - that show especially is difficult to see everything if you can't get into a good position.

With all of the projections being used in the shows now, I think it becomes more and more important to have a good viewing angle, and with the Parks so packed, it's just hard.

No worries. It sounds like there is a place to watch from now. I'll be sure to ask again like you did when I return in December 2019. It was just my bad luck those two times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter