"I Want to walk where Walt walked." WDW Nut makes a Pilgrimage-TR Wrap-Up 5/14

Gotta rub it in. Just becuse I am too green on the boards to let me use smileys. Oh well, Disneyland in 9 days will get me by, until I hit 10 posts.
BTW, just booked my October Trip to the World today! Oct 5 thru 11th booked for VWL on the wait for BLT! :-) (that smiley will have to do for now!)

Now that's comedy! So question: with all your much more extensive research and planning for this trip. Which threads or sites have you found the best for getting you up to speed fast.

This is a sticky on the main page, but there's a lot of really great links in it: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1072276 Hydroguy's "DLR Guide for the WDW Vet" is an awesome run down of what to expect. I also read the Unofficial Guide to Disneyland, which I'll be bringing with me!

Oh my gosh. Single digit dance!!

So exciting! And so far the weather is 69 & sunny...and 69 & sunny! Easy enough to remember!

Gotta rub it in. Just becuse I am too green on the boards to let me use smileys. Oh well, Disneyland in 9 days will get me by, until I hit 10 posts.
BTW, just booked my October Trip to the World today! Oct 5 thru 11th booked for VWL on the wait for BLT! :-) (that smiley will have to do for now!)

Feel free to post anything here to bump up your total!

We're going this October from 2-9 (I think, haven't booked the flight yet!) My parents have a timeshare at Orange Lake, which bumps up against Disney property, so we'll be staying there. We stayed at WL when I was I think 12 or so, I remember thinking that the bunkbeds were so cool! My brother is 3 years younger than me, so ew! on sharing a bed at that age :laughing: BLT looks beautiful, hopefully you'll get in!

This is a sticky on the main page, but there's a lot of really great links in it: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1072276 Hydroguy's "DLR Guide for the WDW Vet" is an awesome run down of what to expect. I also read the Unofficial Guide to Disneyland, which I'll be bringing with me!

So exciting! And so far the weather is 69 & sunny...and 69 & sunny! Easy enough to remember!

Feel free to post anything here to bump up your total!

We're going this October from 2-9 (I think, haven't booked the flight yet!) My parents have a timeshare at Orange Lake, which bumps up against Disney property, so we'll be staying there. We stayed at WL when I was I think 12 or so, I remember thinking that the bunkbeds were so cool! My brother is 3 years younger than me, so ew! on sharing a bed at that age :laughing: BLT looks beautiful, hopefully you'll get in!

Funny thing is that is what it says all year, or it pretty much used to. I have been there and on the computer it said 65 and sunny and it was cold and rainy. The weather in the Anaheim area though is usually really fair.

Funny thing is that is what it says all year, or it pretty much used to. I have been there and on the computer it said 65 and sunny and it was cold and rainy. The weather in the Anaheim area though is usually really fair.

This morning I checked and Thursday posted RAIN! :sad1:

I just double checked it, and now it's back to 71 and sunny (Wed), 69 and sunny (Thurs) and 70 and sunny! :woohoo:

This morning I checked and Thursday posted RAIN! :sad1:

I just double checked it, and now it's back to 71 and sunny (Wed), 69 and sunny (Thurs) and 70 and sunny! :woohoo:

Yeah, I heard the storms are out of there. You may experience morning fog but that burns off. And if on the off chance it rains just remember that keeps the locals away making it less crowded.

Soo...an interesting development...

Disney just announced their dual WDW & DLR "Premier Passport." It's $700. We bought our tickets for $161, and we're toying with the idea of a WDW AP since we're going in October and our dates for February are flexible. (Hello run-on sentence!) A WDW AP is $489. So combined, they're $250. Of course, if you look at the Premium AP at WDW, that's $619, then it's a no brianer. But the thing is, we don't do the water parks or the golf courses, etc (the stuff that comes with the Premium AP and the Premier Passport.) So the question is, is it worth it to buy the Premier Passport. I mean, it would be so cool to have one of those! But...it costs $50 more than we'd normally spend, we might not do Disney at all in February 2011 (we want to do Harry Potter at Universal!), and our expire date would be in March instead of in October (possibility for other long weekend trips to WDW.)

...man, it would be so cool to have one though...

hmmmmmmmm

Actually that seems like a good deal considering what it is, and if you are going to use it. With the discounts and everything.

I don't know how many sit down meals you do when you go to WDW and further more not sure if they offer something like it at DL, but the AP Disney Dinning Experience is great. It is like 60 bucks in addition to your AP and all you need is one per party. If I recall you said you ate staying off property in October so free dinning is off the table. This would save you 20% at most WDW rest. They may have changed the program, but I used it a couple of years ago when I was taking a few trips to WDW and it saved us mucho dinero. If DL has the same, might be something to consider if you plan on going to the resort more than twice.

Actually that seems like a good deal considering what it is, and if you are going to use it. With the discounts and everything.

Yeah, but I don't do water parks, so it doesn't really work. I talked to my boyfriend the other day when it came out, and he talked some sense into me :laughing: The regular AP at WDW makes much more sense.

I don't know how many sit down meals you do when you go to WDW and further more not sure if they offer something like it at DL, but the AP Disney Dinning Experience is great. It is like 60 bucks in addition to your AP and all you need is one per party. If I recall you said you ate staying off property in October so free dinning is off the table. This would save you 20% at most WDW rest. They may have changed the program, but I used it a couple of years ago when I was taking a few trips to WDW and it saved us mucho dinero. If DL has the same, might be something to consider if you plan on going to the resort more than twice.

We had the TiW card when it was the Disney Dining Experience a few years ago. We haven't really spent too much time in sit down dining since then, so we haven't gotten it again (my parents live in FL, so they have APs.) Though with all the signature restaurants we want to do in October, it would probably be worth it. Something to think about certainly.

For DLR, I know their AP offers discounts at restaurants, but we're only planning for three, and I can't imagine it would save us more than $100 for the two of us to cover the spread. Oh well, I suppose I have to be practical. :sad2:

The good news is that we'll probably wind up getting an AP in October for WDW :yay:

In other news...weather!
78 and sunny on Wednesday! (Seriously! SEVENTY-EIGHT!)
73 and sunny on Thursday
68 and partly cloudy on Friday
69 and sunny on Saturday
67 and partly cloudy on Sunday

I'll take it! I need to pack today since I leave tomorrow morning to visit a friend for the weekend, then I'm out near her for work on Monday and Tuesday, driving back late Tuesday night from the meeting (grumble grumble) and waking up bright and early on Wednesday! :scared1: So I might not check in before we leave, but then again, I might if I have time Monday/Tuesday! In any event, have a fantastic weekend everyone!

Well, in my opinion packing is really the start of a Disney Vacation. You may still have a bit of time between now and when you actually get to the resort, but your mind is already there. ENJOY!

:yay: It keeps getting warmer and sunnier! Man, I don't know how I'm going to make it through my meetings today and tomorrow!!!

I'm excited! :banana:

The weather looks amazing to me for your trip. Have a great time.

TWEETING LIVE!!! Alright!! Just in time as I got my computer fixed today :cool1: Have a wonderful time!!!

I added you. And in June I will do the same thing!!

Thanks! I can't WAIT!

:dance3: Just need to make it through one more day of work...

So, we'll have an iPhone (boyfriend's phone) with us, which means that we'll be tweeting LIVE! from the parks! Join me here: www.twitter.com/kat228 :woohoo:

It is GETTING REALLY CLOSE!!!! Have wonderful trip, the weather is so beautiful out here. :cool1: Cool that you will be tweeting LIVE. I will be following along.

Have a super great trip!

Angel 16

TWEETING LIVE!!! Alright!! Just in time as I got my computer fixed today :cool1: Have a wonderful time!!!

:woohoo: :woohoo:

I added you. And in June I will do the same thing!!

Neat! I'll have to follow you as well!

It is GETTING REALLY CLOSE!!!! Have wonderful trip, the weather is so beautiful out here. :cool1: Cool that you will be tweeting LIVE. I will be following along.

Have a super great trip!

Angel 16

I can't wait for tomorrow!! :yay:

Also: I know 4.4 isn't that great of an earthquake, but I hope everyone in SoCal is doin' alright. Plus, selfishly, I'm glad this wasn't tomorrow!Earthquake near Los Angeles this morning est. Magnitude 4.4

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter