"I Want to walk where Walt walked." WDW Nut makes a Pilgrimage-TR Wrap-Up 5/14

I just realized that I never attached a link to where I published my slideshow of our trip to Disneyland. Excuse the over abundance of photos of my kids, but hey to me thats "sort of what its about." Hope you check it out and let me know if it looks like we covered similar ground. Thanks again for the TR.
B-
http://www.neylu.com

I am sad to see this end. I haven't been on the Matterhorn since I was a teenager. Out of curiosity what did you find uncomfortable about it? Mickey's Funwheel is a creepy ride, especially if you are in the moving cages, but you just can't beat the view.

I am not a huge fan of the churros but that is obviously what sells. I have managed to stay away from the pizza so far and I plan on continuing in that fashion. I am not sure I would eat more popcorn if there was more places to buy it.

You know the first time I visited DCA I wasn't a big fan, and was confused on how little there is to do there. But, then the next time I went it grew on me a little. Then this last trip I fell in love with it. We spent the entire day there and did everything, well within reason. We visited all the little nooks and crannies and saw things we had never seen before. I do think it needs to get all the new things and the changes made. That is what makes the Disney parks better, they are always changing.

I had a great time "going" on your trip with you.:goodvibes

Thanks for coming along! I think the popcorn thing just threw me because everywhere you look in WDW there's a popcorn stand. But at DLR, we only found ONE at DCA! The churro stands were everywhere!

With the Matterhorn, since it was designed to fit 2 people per sled, that's how we did it. But I'm 5'7" and my boyfriend is 6'2". It was a little cramped and we just kept getting thrown around!

What a great TR! You kept it going for quite awhile, kudos. My families experience was all positive to DL and the kids are still talking about it even after 2 months. Can't believe it's been two months. I gotta say, the kids REALLY loved DL and I think that alone says loads for how a WDW vet should look at DLR. Kids look at a trip to a Disney Park as just that, a trip to a park. I truly believe that is the mindset that all WDW vets should take. In my view DLR is about the parks and WDW is about the overall experience.
When we went in march, we went ALL IN. We stayed at the Grand Californian, with an amazing view right into DCA and a short elevator ride to a fast pass dispenser for Soar'in. That simple illustration pretty much sums up that "Park Experience" thing I am talking about.
I will defiantly be returning with my family to DLR, but first I have to pack for my trip to the Food and Wine at WDW in October. Thanks for the amazing TR it made my planning and overall experience allot more enjoyable.
B-

With kids, I can definitely see how staying at the Grand Californian would be perfect! It's so close! I'm glad you've followed along and that you guys enjoyed it just as much as we did!

It might be further back, but when are you going to WDW in October?

YAY!! All caught up :love: I loved your TR!! You actually make me want to go to DL, which I did not think I would ever want to!!

Those caramel apples looked SOOO yummy :cloud9: My fave.

Your hotel price was so wonderful. :thumbsup2 Thanks for the TR..can't wait for your next trip to WDW!

Thanks for reading! It was so great to be able to get to DLR! With you being from LA, I'm sure it would be neat to see New Orleans Square!

I just realized that I never attached a link to where I published my slideshow of our trip to Disneyland. Excuse the over abundance of photos of my kids, but hey to me thats "sort of what its about." Hope you check it out and let me know if it looks like we covered similar ground. Thanks again for the TR.
B-
http://www.neylu.com

I'm going to check it out now! Thanks for sharing!

As always I really enjoy reading your reports... especially the food reviews.

I cannot believe you are only a few hours from WDW and you aren't going... that must be torture!!!! :scared1::scared1: :rotfl2::rotfl2:

I know you will have another TR/PTR starting soon... let me know when you start one! :goodvibes

As always I really enjoy reading your reports... especially the food reviews.

I cannot believe you are only a few hours from WDW and you aren't going... that must be torture!!!! :scared1::scared1: :rotfl2::rotfl2:

I know you will have another TR/PTR starting soon... let me know when you start one! :goodvibes

Thanks for coming along! *sigh* It was torture not to be able to go! Thankfully I talked some sense into my parents so we could stop at DTD before my flight out. It was like taking a caffeine pill when coffee isn't around. A quick jolt, enough to get you through :rotfl:

Here's the link to my PTR, already in progress :) Not too much is going on yet, I'm waiting for the schedule to be released for F&W before I can do much more!

Great wrapup. The nice thing about the non-Disney hotels at DL is that it doesn't really matter because they're so close! I would love to stay at the GC though.

I didn't really like the seating on Matterhorn either. We actually asked if my dad and I could ride separately so we wouldn't be so crammed. Wish they would change that.

Loved reading your report...it really made me want to go back to Disneyland even more!

Thanks for sending me the link to this! I cannot wait to go to Disneyland!

Those swinging gondolas are fun! I went on the Wonder Wheel at Coney Island and sat in the swinging cars. Me and my b/f were cracking up the whole time. And that ferris wheel is over 100 years old! You probably would've been terrified. :laughing:

How far was the walk from the HoJo? They're putting us up in the Paradise Pier but I'm staying an extra night and got a TA rate at the Anaheim Marriott. I think it's near the Convention Center. Don't know much about the area!

Thanks for the links. When I looked at the map in the Disneyland brochure, it says the Marriott is 2 blocks away. I looked at reviews on tripadvisor that says the walk is about 15 minutes. That's not a bad walk to me. I'm only paying $75 for the night to stay there. I'm not going to beat that anywhere else!

I take that back. Anaheim Plaza Hotel down the street is $75. Switching my reservation over to there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter