I want to try all new restaurants!

julie4423

Mouseketeer
I need suggestions on new places as we want to do nothing but new restaurants on our next trip. This is going to be tough as we have our favorites. We're open to any meal anywhere on property. We have free dining, so I want to keep most as 1 TS credit meals. The places we have been are Biergarten, Boma dinner, 50s PT, SciFi, Tutto Italia, Via Napoli, Le Cellier, Akershus, Rose & Crown, and GFC. As you can see we need to expand our horizons. :) Thanks in advance for any help!

I need suggestions on new places as we want to do nothing but new restaurants on our next trip. This is going to be tough as we have our favorites. We're open to any meal anywhere on property. We have free dining, so I want to keep most as 1 TS credit meals. The places we have been are Biergarten, Boma dinner, 50s PT, SciFi, Tutto Italia, Via Napoli, Le Cellier, Akershus, Rose & Crown, and GFC. As you can see we need to expand our horizons. :) Thanks in advance for any help!

Sanaa (AKL)
Captain's Grille (YC)
Teppan Edo (EPCOT)
Mama Melrose (DHS)
Yak & Yeti (AK)
Ohana (Poly)

You could try the new be our guest I haven't been there yet but its new.

disney lover at heart

You could try the dinner buffet at Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club. It is our favorite TS restaurant. Just walk out the International Gateway located between England and France in the WS and you are a five minute walk from the restaurant. The food is delicious.

MK- Liberty Tree Tavern, Plaza
DHS: Sci-Fi Drive-In is fun great shakes & burgers
WL: Whispering Canyon is always fun
Kona Cafe bfast! YUM
I'm not help w/ AK I've never eaten here besides Ice cream
Epcot: Tutto Gusto, Sunshine Seasons

HTH! :wizard:

Thanks for the suggestions so far! Some were already on my radar, and some were not. I should have said that this is a trip for 2 adults, but we act like kids at wdw. We love the character interactions and fun experiences, but not if the food quality is terrible.

You could try the dinner buffet at Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club. It is our favorite TS restaurant. Just walk out the International Gateway located between England and France in the WS and you are a five minute walk from the restaurant. The food is delicious.

Thank you for the reminder on this one! I totally forgot that after our last trip we decided we had to try this. We toured almost every resort, so I know exactly where it is. :)

We're planning our 4th trip in August and my DS13 challenged me to come up with all completely new places for our TS meals. He's very adamant that we not do anything we've done before! I think it's partly because he's usually a creature of habit and I'm always after him to try new things!

Anyway...for our new experiences we've settled on Boma, Mama Melrose (Fantasmic package), Wolfgang Puck, Teppan Edo. We're still holding out hope to get in Ohana one night. And the last one is still a toss up between Trail's End dinner buffet and Tony's at MK. I can't comment on any of them, since they're all new to us!

I would totally recommend Whispering Canyon. Coral Reef is a great atmosphere. The Cape May buffet was very good, especially you really enjoy seafood. We had fun at Planet Hollywood. Liberty Tree dinner was delicious--think Thanksgiving dinner!

Sanaa (AKV), Jiko (AKL), San Angel Inn (Epcot/Mexico), and Artist Point (WL) were some of my favorites from last trip.

For a bit more simple fare, The Plaza and Liberty Tree Tavern (Lunch) are both decent.

(I did miss the 1TS preference, but leaving those up there just because)

Sanaa @ AKL, Jiko too but it is 2TS
Turf Club @ Saratoga Springs
The Wave @ Contemporary
Kona @ Poly

Teppan Edo
Yak and Yeti

And, if you are ever paying OOP, our favorite is bluezoo @ the Dolphin!

And the last one is still a toss up between Trail's End dinner buffet and Tony's at MK. I can't comment on any of them, since they're all new to us!
I've only heard good things about Trail's End and bad things about Tony's. We haven't been to either, but I want to try Trail's End on our next trip. The food is supposed to be really good and it is supposed the be the lowest price buffet (breakfast and dinner) at WDW.

I've only heard good things about Trail's End and bad things about Tony's. We haven't been to either, but I want to try Trail's End on our next trip. The food is supposed to be really good and it is supposed the be the lowest price buffet (breakfast and dinner) at WDW.

I've heard really good things about Trail's End, too. We're looking to do the dinner there, I think. Although people rave about the breakfast!

I've heard very mixed about Tony's. That's one that I'm actually more interested in the atmosphere than the food! I love Lady & The Tramp and have heard the atmosphere and service are good---food leaving a little to be desired for many.

Sanaa is another of interest. Boma was ok, but not a big deal for us. Seating at Sanaa is key though correct? Is there a way to score a good table?

`The 1TS credit thing kind of sucks, but free dining is the pin I got for when I want to go. I'll take any discount I can get. We're going at the en of F&W as well.

Hotels:
BOMA - Animal Kingdom Lodge
Citricos - Grand Floridian (Get a 7.30 ressy so you can catch the 10pm fireworks after)
Ohana - Polynesian
Beaches and Cream - Beach Resort

Magic Kingdom:
No particular favourites, but Crystal Palace is always fun

Epcot:
Chefs De France
Le Cellier
Morocco quick service
AVOID MEXICO!!!
The Tepenyaki at Japan is fun too, but you can go to Kobe off site and it's much cheaper.

MK - Be Our Guest, Crystal Palace
Epcot - Teppan Edo, Coral Reef
Hollywood - Mama Melrose
AK - Tusker House

Hotels - 'Ohana at Poly
Cape May at Beach Club
Whispering Canyon at Wilderness Lodge

Happy Dining! :goodvibes

If you would like a good down home cooking buffet, you need to visit the Fort Wilderness buffet for dinner. We ate there twice last week and for the money (I think it's the cheapest buffet on Disney) it is worth it and filling.:thumbsup2

Tusker House
1900 Park Fare (breakfast or dinner, we liked both, though service wasn't great)
Crystal Palace
Narcoosee's (2 TS credits but sooooo worth it imo)
Jiko (again 2 TS credits)
CRT (even with no kids, I'd still go, lol)
BOG
Fulton's
'Ohana (only been to breakfast and loved it but heard dinner is great too)
Chefs de France

We did all these in November last year and will be doing them again this November, liked them all.

I've enjoyed and would recommend...

Tusker House Breakfast (AK)
Yak and Yeti Dinner (AK)
Garden Grill Dinner (EPCOT)
Coral Reef Dinner (EPCOT)
Crystal Palace Dinner (MK)
Liberty Tree Tavern Dinner (MK)
1900 Park Fare Breakfast (GF) The strawberry soup is amazing!

Several of these are character meals as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter