I want to suprise my mom...ideas please!

dsneybride

Mouseketeer
In November, my mom is taking me, dd9 and dd5 for 3 days to Disney. She got all our tickets, hotel, and the deluxe dining plan so it will all be paid for when we go. She is also making an appt. for dd5 to BBB. We are going to do Hollywood Studios Friday and Magic Kingdom Saturday. With that said...I would like to surprise my mom with something special to thank her. I figure by then I can scrounge up a hundred bucks or so. I thought about booking the Wishes Dessert, but not sure the little one will wait around patiently for the fireworks and wasnt real impressed with photos I've seen of the seating! Anyone have any ideas?

What a wonderful MOM!

Hmmm, maybe make Tshirts for all of you letting everyone know you're together and love her and each other?

In November, my mom is taking me, dd9 and dd5 for 3 days to Disney. She got all our tickets, hotel, and the deluxe dining plan so it will all be paid for when we go. She is also making an appt. for dd5 to BBB. We are going to do Hollywood Studios Friday and Magic Kingdom Saturday. With that said...I would like to surprise my mom with something special to thank her. I figure by then I can scrounge up a hundred bucks or so. I thought about booking the Wishes Dessert, but not sure the little one will wait around patiently for the fireworks and wasnt real impressed with photos I've seen of the seating! Anyone have any ideas?
How about Tea at the Grand Floridian with you and the girls, unless being on the deluxe dining plan will already be too much food?

Or maybe a carriage ride at POFQ?

Or a private photograph session at one of the resorts?

What a great way for 3 generations of girls to spend time together! Enjoy your trip!

Oooh good idea Jessica!

Or if she collects something like teapots,(inside joke between Jessica and I), then buy her something special like that if you want a tangible reminder of your time together.

I think a photo gift would be a great reminder. Maybe even a photo book like the ones you can make on snapfish, clarkcolor, etc. My parents proudly display all the photo collages, books and calendars that we create for them. Every year we make my parents (well it's really my mom who loves it) a calendar of the past year. She actually has all the past years calendars hung in her bedroom closet (it's a big walkin). She just loves looking at all the pics from years' past. They come on most of our Disney Trips so most of the pics are Disney related.

Do you have dining reservations? I'm sure you may already but if you don't and you are doing them the cali grill for fireworks is great, i told my mother i got the reservations for our last night but the experience was more than she expected. i also surprised her the first year with Remy in france with that reservation. if she is into pampering maybe a treatment at one of the spas? i like the tea at the grand floridian idea.

or you could plan ahead and stock up to make her a nice scrapbook after or pre-order and pay for the photopass CD so you have plenty of nice group photos in the parks.

How about Tea at the Grand Floridian with you and the girls, unless being on the deluxe dining plan will already be too much food?

Or maybe a carriage ride at POFQ?

Or a private photograph session at one of the resorts?

What a great way for 3 generations of girls to spend time together! Enjoy your trip!

I had no idea they offered carriage rides! I will def check into this!

Photo gifts and scrapbooks are great ideas, but we scrapbook at home! I was hoping to do something outside the box! Thanks for the idea!

How about a nice foot massage at the Grand Floridian? She's allowed to use all their spa services that day too. I hear it's fabulous.

pick a pearl in Japan....my mil loved hers it was her Christmas gift and she picked it out.

Kathylo.com

I ordered a few charms from this place for my mom and MIL for birthday gifts last year. They are amazing!

Plus, you can always order more after the trip as a "post thanks!".

Good luck! You're mom is great!

The Illuminations Cruise is really a great experience, but it would certainly be over the hundred dollars you mentioned. The cruise runs around $300 I believe. If that is within your budge however if I remember correctly you can call the marina at the Yacht Club and try to make a reservation, they only do a couple a day so they tend to book up really quick.

I think that the private photo sessions or tea at the Grand Floridian sound that fabulous ideas. I did tea on my last trip with my DD's and it was a nice experience. I've still yet to do the photo session but I've seen pics of others who have done it and they are REALLy nice photos!

Another option could be to have a pastel or chalk drawing done of either you and the kids or just the kids at Magic Kingdom(in Liberty Square) or EPCOT (in Paris) or even have a shilloute of you all done. They have those booths set up practically everywhere these days.

How about a nice foot massage at the Grand Floridian? She's allowed to use all their spa services that day too. I hear it's fabulous.

I was going to suggest a massage, too. Long days at Disney are harder on me now that I am in my 60s than they were back when I was younger, and goodness knows a massage sounds wonderful.

What about a gift basket from Memories by Betsy? She can make up a custom basket that will be waiting for you when you arrive.

I am also going to WDW with my Mom and DD in May for their birthdays. :)

My Mom is a huge tea drinker and has always wanted a teapot from the UK tea store but has always said in the past they were too expensive.

So we're picking out a teapot for her this trip and it will be her birthday gift. :wizard:

Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter