I want to pack and leave right now to dw

JustAGirl

Earning My Ears
Just reading everyone's posts and trip experiences have gotten me so excited. I know I have a long time to go but it seems to be taking forever. I just keep thinking about things like when am I gonna buy us a suitcase,how many outfits to bring, will i be able to fit the diapers and wipes , will i be able to bring soda and snacks in my suitcase ...How will our first time flying go ? Should i bring or rent a stroller .... Should I braid or straighten dd's hair ... Should I buy contacts or just wear my glasses ..... It just goes on and on and on and on...Im so excited I cant wait . Luckily I have ds ifsp meeting coming up and he'll be starting school soon so hopefully that will take my mind off of DW for awhile ....Ahhhhhhh Im going to disney world!!

It is so exciting, isn't it? :banana:
This is the perfect time to ponder all those little details, because it's close enough to be exciting, but far enough away that it's not too stresssful. When usually tend to get overwhelmed when it gets about a week away and I realize that I still have so much to do. Then I tend to slip into panic mode. That's when I tell myself that I'm prepping for vacation, not cramming for a final exam!

As you no doubt know, these boards are a wealth of knowledge and any questions you have will gladly be answered (and debated)- you may get conflicting answers, but at least you will have plenty of opinions to consider.

As it gets closer, I usually find a spot out of the way to start pre-packing, you know, putting special trip items you don't need before the trip in one place. I use my Dining room. Then I feel I'm making progress even before I can really start packing, and I know where all things things are.

Have fun, enjoy the anticipation!

I completely know how you feel. I fall asleep on this message board every night for the last month. (poor hubby :laughing:) I am also trying to decide if my girls would be better off with braids or suffering through the combing every single morning :scared1: I do believe braids are in order. I have a plan to help me get through the waiting game. We drive from VA to Disney. I buy movies, clearance Disney shirts, books, pens, etc. for the drive. I keep them in a special place. I wrap them up and for the ride. I give a child a gift every couple of hours to occupy their time. Today I discovered Walmart has a selection of Disney movies for $10. I am now the secret proud owner of 2 new movies. They are hidden away in my Mickey Mouse suitcase :ssst: Shopping is a great way to pass the time. I keep a spreadsheet of our activities. I am even planning the cruise for Sept 2011 and I haven't even booked it yet. You are so not alone. My husband is snoring right now and I'm surfing the Disney message boards.

Yes it is very exciting. I always make a point to run back to the boards and read a couple posts before I go to bed . I wish I could contribute but I havent even been to DW since I was like 7 or 8. Im going to try to make going to DW regular thing even if it's once every 2 years . I hope everyone have a goodnite :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter