"I want more....and I know I shouldn't" - 2 Food & Wine Festival Trips - 12/10 Complete! Goofy's/STK

That Wagyu striploin looks delicious, and your Snow Leopard Salvation looks & sounds so refreshing! Did you like the drink a lot? What would you say was the predominant flavor? I hate anything that tastes too alcoholy, if you know what I mean.

Yum!!!!! We ate at Tiffins on our last trip and I just glanced into the lounge. It is gorgeous and definitely a great place to grab a drink in the park.

I was very impressed by their cocktail menu. Really inventive and different that other things on property. I got some kind of gin drink that was delicious, even if I can't remember what the heck it was
It is nice that it was inventive and not the same menu as everywhere! I hope they keep this trend up as I get bored of the same cocktails no matter what. I'll let you keep the gin to yourself ;)

I'm glad the lounge was such a quiet relaxing spot.

Are you turning into your hubby???? :P Seriously so glad to hear Tiffins was good for you all. It was one of our fav meals on our last trip and I can't wait to head back.
Absolutely not! I still love meat :) Some days I do need a veggie thrown in. When we leave on Thursday - you can bet that it will be mostly meat pictures from me especially since at home - we just tend to eat a lot of pasta lately unless we go out to eat.

Are you guys going this weekend?

So happy to hear you tried Nomad & Tiffins and liked both. I cannot wait to try them. From pictures the lounge looks incredible... I could see spending the afternoon on that porch!

Hope you get to try them soon too! I'm happy I got to try them both this past trip. That porch definately feels relaxing!

That Wagyu striploin looks delicious, and your Snow Leopard Salvation looks & sounds so refreshing! Did you like the drink a lot? What would you say was the predominant flavor? I hate anything that tastes too alcoholy, if you know what I mean.

That Wagyu was delicious! Wish I had some right now! I really did like the Snow Leopard Salvation but it does taste like there is alcohol in it like a stronger version of a Moscow Mule. I tend to like drinks that I know have alcohol in it (thus why I love a good Manhattan!)

Disney Parks actually posted the recipe for it!

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-from-nomad-lounge-in-disneys-animal-kingdom/

Trattoria al Forno

We all woke up relatively early all things considered. We didn’t have breakfast reservations anywhere but we decided to go down to Trattoria al Forno when they opened to see if we could get a walk-in. As it was 7:30AM, they had no problem!

I went with Iced Coffee as it sounded good to me and I knew it would perk me up! It did.

y49AHVv.jpg

Iced Coffee

For breakfast, I went indulgent. The waffles didn’t need any extra maple syrup or butter for me as the espresso whipped cream was just enough to sweeten it. The bacon was really crispy and made me happy as well!

uHGgUvy.jpg

Waffles w/ Espresso Cream & Bacon

We did have a hick-up at this restaurant as E’s meal had to be sent back to get redone. She had egg whites that were so undercooked it was just nasty. They fixed it on round 2 though and gave her more bacon! We totally helped her eat it :)

Back at the room, we all got properly dressed for the day and everyone got packed up. We weren’t in a huge hurry as we knew Disney Springs wouldn’t open until 10AM.​

It's almost 9 am and I'm hungry, any chance you could send those waffles this way ; ) Looks like a great way to start the day

I had the waffles there last Nov. but without the espresso whipped cream, as I was getting over the stupid, stupid stomach bug :crazy2: Waffles were good though, and the rest of the family enjoyed their breakfast. We'd eaten dinner there a few nights prior and we definitely preferred breakfast. Nice option other than the bakery when staying at the BW :)

Your meal at Tiffins looked pretty good. I've been reluctant about going there as the menu is a little too adventurous for Fran. We did stop into Nomad and took a look at the menu. It looked much more to my liking, so maybe someday.

When I saw you went to the Trattoria I never thought it would be for breakfast. The waffles sounded pretty good. I've been up for several hours with insomnia and hunger and that didn't help! :lmao:

Hey!

I'm joining in! Just got all caught up and i'm looking forward to the rest of your reviews and from your next trip in November! :)

It's almost 9 am and I'm hungry, any chance you could send those waffles this way ; ) Looks like a great way to start the day

I could send you them but um...they kinda have been digested already and I don't think you want them now ;)

It was a great breakfast!

I had the waffles there last Nov. but without the espresso whipped cream, as I was getting over the stupid, stupid stomach bug :crazy2: Waffles were good though, and the rest of the family enjoyed their breakfast. We'd eaten dinner there a few nights prior and we definitely preferred breakfast. Nice option other than the bakery when staying at the BW :)

I can totally see skipping the whipped cream if you had a stupid stomach bug! Dairy and Stomach Bugs do not mix! I had dinner there back in 2015 and it was ok - it fed me well enough before the Princess Half but there are better Italian dinner options. We didn't have a ton of food plans this trip so it was good to just get into places walk in. Its nice to have a sit down breakfast from time to time!

Your meal at Tiffins looked pretty good. I've been reluctant about going there as the menu is a little too adventurous for Fran. We did stop into Nomad and took a look at the menu. It looked much more to my liking, so maybe someday.

When I saw you went to the Trattoria I never thought it would be for breakfast. The waffles sounded pretty good. I've been up for several hours with insomnia and hunger and that didn't help! :lmao:

I'm a little nervous about our lunch there next week with my husband but I figure he can have salad or um something. I've given up on trying to please him too much - I just go and check that they have some vegetarian appetizer or salad or side and I'm done with it now.
I'm glad they are having more adventurous menus again! Gives it a nice mix up from the rest as some menus just felt repetitive.

The waffles were good! Totally a dinner food as well - just not at Disney but at home!

Hey!

I'm joining in! Just got all caught up and i'm looking forward to the rest of your reviews and from your next trip in November! :)

Great time to get all caught up! I can't wait to go on this vacation! I need this break!

Blaze Pizza

Around 9:40AM, we got our luggage down to the Jeep and packed up! We stopped by the gas station to fill up and get some drinks for the drive home. We then headed to Disney Springs, parking in the parking garages and started walking around. We didn’t really buy a lot but we all had fun shopping around! I got a BB-8 Alex & Ani Bracelet which made me happy!

Around 1PM, we were about done. I knew I needed to eat something for lunch before we drove home. Eating and Driving is something I try to keep to a minimum - at least food of substance. Blaze Pizza is a new place that has opened up in the Disney Springs area. I love it! You can customize it how you would like with different toppings, sauces, etc. They prep it in front of you and then they cook it for you fresh. They also have some different flavored waters. I tried the Key Lime Mint Water and it was super refreshing! I also was happy with my pizza with the bacon and red onions on it. I could see going back there.

1bkPypI.jpg

Key Lime Mint Water & Pizza w/ Bacon & Red Onions

After lunch, we picked up some cupcakes from Sprinkles and started our drive home! The drive had no traffic which is good.

Thus concluded my September Trip! (And only a few days until the November Trip starts!)​

Oh man the pizza looks great! Will have to add Blaze to my list. How would you say it compares to Wolfgang Puck Express (if you've been)?

Just thinking about that key lime mint water makes me thirsty!!! Definitely going to try that next trip :thumbsup2

Wow that pizza looks delicious and it can be so hard to find good pizza in Florida. I don't know about you, but I am in love with Disney Springs. The only drawback is there are almost too many options! Have fun on your next trip!!!

I'm considering Blaze if I'm down with only my youngest DS for a couple days later this month. In general we don't care for Disney QS pizza but I assume Blaze is better so it sounds like a nice option. Yours looks good!
I enjoyed following along and hope you have a great trip this month! We're there from the 19th-26th :)

How did the Blaze pizza compare to WPE or Via Napoli? I'm always a sucker for a good pizza.

Oh man the pizza looks great! Will have to add Blaze to my list. How would you say it compares to Wolfgang Puck Express (if you've been)?

I've had pizza at WPE and I definitely enjoyed this a lot more than WPE as it was more customizable and it could be what exactly I wanted.

Just thinking about that key lime mint water makes me thirsty!!! Definitely going to try that next trip :thumbsup2

That water was super refreshing! It was a nice switch up as well from normal drink options.

Wow that pizza looks delicious and it can be so hard to find good pizza in Florida. I don't know about you, but I am in love with Disney Springs. The only drawback is there are almost too many options! Have fun on your next trip!!!

It was super delicous! I loved all the options they had! I mean look at them!

http://www.blazepizza.com/files/Downloadable_Menu.pdf

If you can't find something you like with all that - you may be too picky! There are so many options in Disney Springs that it is going to take forever to get to them all! We were going to try Homecoming this trip but we decided against it since I go to 1500 South in Naples (Art Smith's restaurant that opened less than a year ago) that at least I have that as can option. We're going to try 2 new places this trip there though!

I'm considering Blaze if I'm down with only my youngest DS for a couple days later this month. In general we don't care for Disney QS pizza but I assume Blaze is better so it sounds like a nice option. Yours looks good!
I enjoyed following along and hope you have a great trip this month! We're there from the 19th-26th :)

This is way better than anything Disney QS considers Pizza. Outside Chains aren't tied to Disney Food Buyer Contracts! Day 1 of our trip has been great! Hopefully it keeps up!

Yummy! That pizza looks great :)

It was really good! I'm happy with all these new options.

Is there more than one size of pizza at Blaze, or are they all huge?

There is only 1 size for the pizza. Its all individual size - about 6 slices on a 12" pizza. Enough for 1 person or you could split that with a salad if you want.

How did the Blaze pizza compare to WPE or Via Napoli? I'm always a sucker for a good pizza.

Way better than WPE! Its a different style than Via Napoli so I don't compare it. I loved how customizable it was! Something for everyone!

Flying Fish

This morning started off at work bright,err, dark and early at 5:30AM where I was a rock star and got a lot of stuff done. When I left slightly before 11AM, I had ZERO unread emails and my inbox was mostly clear. As close to perfection as it could get! Hurried home and was happy to see my husband already had his car loaded up with our stuff so all we had to do was get the dogs in the car and get them to camp! I sat in the back seat where I got super puppy cuddles as Gaston wanted to be behind me the entire time and Jafar wanted in my lap...not the safest places for them or me!

aiblk1A.jpg

Both of Them!

F6cyf9M.jpg

Gaston Did Not Want To Go!

We dropped them off and I took over driving up to Disney. We arrived at Wide World of Sports a little before 3PM. We picked up our bibs, shirts and walked over to the Expo to look around.

BTTFEjA.jpg

Remy Is So Cute!

9FFAlr7.jpg

CuO8OpD.jpg

drEvbsv.jpg

At the Expo - we only buy three things - all for me. 2 Shirts with Remy on it and I bought the Challenge Jacket because I liked the saying on the back “Will Run For Fine Dining” That is so me!

We were done in 45 minutes and headed to the Swan for check in. We were happy to find out we were upgraded to a theme park view on the top floor! We headed to our room and settled in for the next few days.

WGmaDLw.jpg

b6j6OgF.jpg

After settling in, we got cleaned up and headed over to the Boardwalk to check in for dinner.

We were seated in the front section of the restaurant almost immediately after check in and it didn’t take long for our server to greet us. She forgot what drink I ordered though when my husband ordered a beer that they were out of (no Kona for him!) and then had to ask for the vegetarian menu but she fixed that quickly when she returned! My cocktail was super tasty and a nice seasonal switch up from September when it was peach based.

WAXZmhz.jpg

Maple Bacon Fig Manhattan - Bulleit Rye Whiskey, Averna Amaro, Bacon Infused Maple Syrup, Candied Bacon, Fig

I started with the Pork Belly again. It was also just also good this time!

LWfZG2k.jpg

Kurobuta Pork Belly - Shank Croquette, Royal Gala Apple Slaw, Bing Cherry Gastrique, Shirred Quail Egg

My husband went with this salad since I had gotten an appetizer. He thought it was ok - he ate a good amount of it but his heart wasn’t into it.

NuQg2NR.jpg

Mesclun Salad - Petite Lettuce, Market Vegetable, Fine Herbs, Barrel-Aged Feta, Torn Focaccia

I went with an Old Fashioned for my 2nd cocktail as I wanted something a bit bitter to offset the sweetness of my entree. It was a nicely balanced cocktail.

QYGbT6Q.jpg

Old Fashioned

I went with something completely different than normal for my entree. Scallops aren’t something I usually get but for some reason I knew if I were to get them, this would be the place for the trip and the side it came with sounded really good too. I picked a winner! The scallops were perfectly cooked and the grits were the real star. I made sure I got all of them off the plate! The corn mixture was a nice spicy mix that played off the sweetness of the scallops well.

fl5La6X.jpg

Plancha-Seared Hokkaido Scallops - Antebellum Grits, Brentwood Sweet Corn, Peppadew Emulsion

My husband went with the ancient grains entree. He was happy with this as he knew he enjoys ancient grains and he loves green beans and haricot verts are pretty much just fancy versions of those ;) This meal was also great as my husband also told me - when we come home - he’s going to start eating meat again - he just didn’t want to start on the trip as he isn’t sure if his body is going to react or not and he isn’t going to risk a bad reaction during the races. He misses fish and chicken. I guess we’ll see if he decides to eat something post race...

oDB9oJC.jpg

Ancient Grains, Haricot Verts, Shirred Egg, Sun-Dried Tomato-Choron Sauce

We skipped dessert!

Flying Fish was a hit again and it will stay on our rotation :)

Funnel Cake Cart

After dinner, we stopped by the store to pick up my husband some Chewy Sprees and Chocolate Peanuts Family Size Bags so he can have some snacks in the room over the next couple days. (The Chewy Sprees were gone in less than 24 hours) I wanted something sweet as well. I just decided to go for it! I had told my husband I had debated on getting this funnel cake back in September but decided against it. He didn’t stop me from getting it this time.

O39pDnO.jpg

Cookies & Cream Funnel Cake - Funnel Cake w/ Ice Cream, Oreo Crumbs, Chocolate Sauce

This was gluttony on a plate. It was a nice gluttony but still a sin. The funnel cake was cooked fresh and the ice cream and cookie crumbs were a fun touch.

Will I get it again? No. My husband didn’t help me eat any of it and I think I don’t ever need that much sugar and fried dough with ice cream and cookie crumbs alone again.​

Flying Fish looks amazing!!! I love scallops and now am a fan of grits...so win win!! Your husbands meal looks yum-o as well!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter