I think I screwed up.

mouseketeermama

Mouseketeer
We are currently booked at AKL 2/10-2/14 to catch the tail end of value season. Almost every single resort is sold out and the only way that my husband enjoys Disney is if the crowds are low. I am thinking of changing my dates to the week before and going from 2/5-2/9. We would lose our reservation at BOG and my son wouldn't celebrate his actual birthday at WDW, but we might save our sanity. We drive so we wouldn't have travel arrangements to change. It would cost us $15 more since we would be staying a Friday night, but I am beginning to think it would be worth it.

What would you do?:confused3

We went overlapping both those weeks a few years ago. The first few days after the Superbowl were great. By Saturday, things started to pick up. The following Monday was pretty crowded. By then we were in the days after the Daytona 500 and Presidents' Day. You shouldn't have that problem since the race is week later than it worked out to be that year. I would rely more on the advice of the crowd calendars. Easy WDW rates the first week at pretty much 3's. It definitely goes up for your currently booked week to 7s and 8s. If it were me, I would probably change the dates. You have to do what works best for you. If you plan things out and go to recommended parks, you can likely do either week without too much trouble.

I would probably switch weeks if it were me. You want to be able to get on rides and not constantly fight the crowds! You can always go to BOG for lunch (which many prefer) and get your son a super special gift while you are there that he can open on his birthday!!!

I think we are going to switch. I just sent an email to my boss requesting that my vacation be pushed up a week. Since my husband works for his mother, his was no big deal. Please cross your fingers for us that everything falls into place!

BTW, does AKL have a business center when I can make a private phone call and such? I am bringing my laptop, but sometimes the wifi is a little slow at resorts.

We did the same thing in February 2010. The Super Bowl was in Jacksonville that year, plus Mardi Gras, President's Week and Daytona all were creating a perfect storm of crowds.

It was worth it. I think you'll be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!