I *think* I made DH a lifelong Disney Fan! A June 2017 TR (the end 7/19)

.but trust me, it was AH-MAZING!

I love Big Thunder during the fireworks. I think we rode during fireworks by chance at DL and whenever we are there at night, I try to time it right. Good thing the show lasts awhile. I want to say we were also able to time it right on SDMT once.

Next time I need to take a few minutes to make notes at the end of the day!

Nah - it's your vacation - it's ok to not have all the details. Trip reporting should be fun/not too much work.

So glad you got your ride on BTMRR at night during fireworks!!! It is definitely amazing and something we experienced purely on accident one trip. Yes, you need to keep trying for Jungle Cruise at night b/c it's definitely a different vibe. That's another we didn't do on purpose, but it just worked out that way because our day FP for it had been changed to an anytime FP b/c of a closure and so we rode it later at night.

MK at night is very magical, I think it's my favorite park to be in at night. You're making me so wistful for a trip!!

Just found your TR and I'm really enjoying it! Like you it took some convincing to turn DH into a Disney person, but I finally did! Your boys are adorable and look like they are having a great time! Our best time at MK was at night during our last trip too!

Next time, I may try for a true nighttime Cruise.
Do it! We've only done Jingle Cruise at night but it's much different (in my opinion) than JC during the day, and I prefer it at night :)

I love BTMRR, but I'm kind of ruined now because never again will it be better than riding it during fireworks:
haha, it does give you an amazing feeling riding during the fireworks :goodvibes

I'd like to try the Arcade for the boys during the day sometime too, but it was nice to have it all to ourselves.
This is something my boys do almost every trip; in fact, our trip last month was the first time in awhile that we skipped it and that's because every time we went by it was just SO unbearable hot!!!

It was a tad scary to be up so high though! Worth it though:
The views of the park from Astro are gorgeous, and as much as I love and can handle roller coasters I just cannot handle this ride. It's too high for me lol and I'm scared sh@*less on it :rotfl2: Steve enjoyed it, the boys did ok but didn't want to ride again lol

photopass_visiting_mk_8052562091-jpeg.269059
Your smile in this pic shows that it was your favorite night! So happy!

It may not look like it from my photos, and lets face it, it isn't easy to get perfect fireworks photos while you are riding a roller coaster...but trust me, it was AH-MAZING!
I am impressed you got any photos at all!

img_6282-jpg.269061

The boys had never ridden the Carousel before and it wasn't on our list, but we decided we needed to!
Those smiles look like it was a good idea to go and ride!

So the funny thing about this ride is Will did awesome on it! Even though you can barely see him!
Too Funny! Maybe it is all luck after all!

I do know that we rode Astro Orbiter next. It was in my plan to do it at night so we could be high up and see all the lights. It was a tad scary to be up so high though!
I have to admit, I am kind of afraid to ride this... It seems too simple and easy to somehow fall off. I know you can't , cause people don't but still...

I'm sure we headed to bed fairly soon after getting to the room, as I had hoped to be at AK by about 8:30 or so the next day. Will we make it? :)
Sounds like a great night!

What a fun MK evening!

I love BTMRR, any time day or night! And next time you go, you'll be able to ride with a buddy!

The carousel wasn't a must do?! LOL! But it's so Cute! Glad you guys took a spin.

I'm always a little sad when I leave the MK, but you're so right that when it's your last night there, it's this extra sadness. I too take my time and really try to soak it all in. We started a new tradition this past trip too, a special good bye.

Glad you guys in Georgia are all safe. Irma was one heck of a storm.

Can't wait for the next installment!

Guys, I am again apologizing for abandoning this report! Unfortunately, because my laptop at home is old - in laptop years, anyway - I can only edit my photos on my work computer. So because we only had 2 days of school last week because of Irma, I did not have time to edit the photos. I started doing it Monday afternoon but didn't get finished, so until I get that done, I can't do an update. This week has been weird because we are testing so our schedule is all messed up, too. But anyway, enough of my sob story. I need to reply to all your comments, too, so I apologize for not getting to that as well.

I do come with good news though. Some of you probably saw it on Facebook, but, we officially closed on our DVC contract yesterday! The deed was recorded on the comptroller site today!! We are DVC owners at BRV at WL! Yay! All in all the process was lengthy because it was a resale contract, but it saved us so much money it was worth it. And we actually still have about 1 to 2 weeks to wait before we get our member ID and points. But as soon as we do, I will be officially booking our June 2018 trip! Wahoo! So excited!

Alright, I need to go teach now...lol. But I hope to be back ASAP to reply to you all and hopefully post an update!

Thanks for all your patience!

What a great evening in the MK! That ride on BTMRR seemed amazing. I'll have to add that to my bucket list to complete next time. Astro Orbiter at night is also amazing. I love the views of the castle and the ability to be cooking in the sun while riding it.

Also, congrats on becoming a DVC member! That's so exciting!

Y'all I have been a horrible trip reporter this time around. I am just incredibly busy with work and exhausted with no motivation at night. Ugh. I will eventually get this done but it is just going to take me a lot longer than I originally thought. I took today off just to have a day to relax and so I am going to reply to everyone and work on an update.

I love your photos!

Maybe it's just me, but I think the MK at night is so peaceful. Even though most of the time it's really not Lol! I love taking my time strolling around and just taking it all in.
It is peaceful, especially compared to the chaos of the daytime! It always seems so much less crowded at night. I just love it.

How was the weather? Did ya'll do ok?
Yes, we did fine. We never lost power here but our lines are buried. Lots of other did, as well as several schools and businesses. Downed trees and such, as well. But we did really well. I'm very thankful.

I love BTMRR @ night. Sounds even better with fireworks. Our next trip is short with only 5 park days, 2 @ MK. The first night we're doing the Desert party so maybe we can shoot for this our second night.
Yes, definitely try for it. It is AH-MAZING! Our next trip will only be 4 nights with just 1 MK day! I'm sure it will still be fun though. When are you guys planning to go next?

Never going to try this, heights don't bother me but going round and round does.
My mom has the same issue.

I want to try that too! We never seen to make it there at night.
I think we will just skip the day time one next time and only do it at night. Maybe one of the last things of the night. We'll see how it works out though.

I love Big Thunder during the fireworks. I think we rode during fireworks by chance at DL and whenever we are there at night, I try to time it right. Good thing the show lasts awhile. I want to say we were also able to time it right on SDMT once.
It is incredible, isn't it. I need to do SDMT next time...

Nah - it's your vacation - it's ok to not have all the details. Trip reporting should be fun/not too much work.
:flower1:

So glad you got your ride on BTMRR at night during fireworks!!! It is definitely amazing and something we experienced purely on accident one trip.
It just makes it that much better, doesn't it?

Yes, you need to keep trying for Jungle Cruise at night b/c it's definitely a different vibe. That's another we didn't do on purpose, but it just worked out that way because our day FP for it had been changed to an anytime FP b/c of a closure and so we rode it later at night.
Yes, I think we will plan to just do it at night next time.

MK at night is very magical, I think it's my favorite park to be in at night. You're making me so wistful for a trip!!
I'm making myself wistful for a trip! HAHA

Just found your TR and I'm really enjoying it! Like you it took some convincing to turn DH into a Disney person, but I finally did! Your boys are adorable and look like they are having a great time! Our best time at MK was at night during our last trip too!
Thank you for joining! I'm so sorry it took me so long to reply. I've been a horrible Diser in general lately due to work mostly. I'm hoping to get an update done today.

Do it! We've only done Jingle Cruise at night but it's much different (in my opinion) than JC during the day, and I prefer it at night :)
Yeh, I'm going to just start planning it at night for now on, I think. Or rotate daytime and nighttime every other trip.

The views of the park from Astro are gorgeous, and as much as I love and can handle roller coasters I just cannot handle this ride. It's too high for me lol and I'm scared sh@*less on it :rotfl2: Steve enjoyed it, the boys did ok but didn't want to ride again lol
It is definitely scary up there. I am afraid of heights, but I'm glad I did take the chance. I might need to put it as the last ride on our next trip since we only have the one MK day. We did the treehouse on the Friday night and we got some really good views there, too. So maybe try that?

Your smile in this pic shows that it was your favorite night! So happy!
:flower1:

I have to admit, I am kind of afraid to ride this... It seems too simple and easy to somehow fall off. I know you can't , cause people don't but still...
I do understand! But it is totally worth it if you can talk yourself into it.

Looks like you all had a great night. I'd say your lack of not remember has nothing to do with a bad memory and everything to do with being in the moment!
:flower1: Maybe you are right.

I love BTMRR, any time day or night! And next time you go, you'll be able to ride with a buddy!
Let's hope so. He kept going back and forth about riding the kiddie coaster at the fair and never did it. Hope that isn't a sign.....

The carousel wasn't a must do?! LOL! But it's so Cute! Glad you guys took a spin.
Crazily enough, they have never liked it at the fair. Mostly they have been scared of it! But I guess they are fine now!

We started a new tradition this past trip too, a special good bye.
Looking forward to reading all about it. Well when I finally get some time to catch up on TRs.

Glad you guys in Georgia are all safe. Irma was one heck of a storm.
Thank you. Yes, it was.

What a great evening in the MK! That ride on BTMRR seemed amazing. I'll have to add that to my bucket list to complete next time.
Definitely do!

You were just waiting for me to come back from our trip so I wouldn't fall behind. Right?!? Wink wink...
I would totally use that as an excuse if I could but I think I'm too late for that! :)

Alrighty, let's see how much of this I can get done. I have had the whole day off and have done lots of things (I had so many things to catch up on) but I still have so much more I want to do.

First off, I was able to get our DVC membership number by calling in last Thursday, so we are OFFICIALLY booked for Sunday, June 3 - Thursday June 7 at BRV. Planning for one park day at MK on Tuesday June 5th. Chad said he wants to do Sanaa again. I was thinking our next, next trip but he really wants to do it this time, so I'm sure we will. We also would like to do Hoop Dee Doo, Whispering Canyon for breakfast, Liberty Tree for our MK day, and Top of the World Lounge to view HEA. Maybe some mini-golf, rent a watercraft. Definitely Disney Springs. I doubt I do a PTR because it isn't a big trip and it is only the one park day, so I will probably post here about all the updates. Besides, I'll probably still be working on this sucker come FP booking time. :rotfl2:

Day Five 6/7/2017 - Animal Kingdom (part 1)

So this was just a few short weeks after Pandora had opened and AK was opening every day at 8am for EMH. Well, I knew we would never make it there by then because of our late night at MK, but I still had hoped to get there about 8:45. Which I think we must have because I have our first photos taken of DeVine by the entrance at 8:58am:
IMG_6294.JPG
IMG_6295.JPG
IMG_6296.JPG

Next we grabbed some PP photos in front of the tree at 9:01am:

PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_8052762494.jpeg
PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_8052762495.jpeg
I think it is fairly obvious that AJ wasn't feeling the photos at this point, but just give him a few minutes and some characters to change his mind!

Then we watched the opening bird show, which I do have a photo of but forgot to upload it and I am at my 10 photos max for this post, so I figured you guys can imagine. :)

So our plan was to go straight to Adventurer's Outpost. We didn't get a FP for this and it was a great meet last year so I definitely wanted to hit that first. I think it opened at 9, even though the park opened at 8, so I was worried about a line, but really there wasn't too much of one, so we got in fairly quickly. Mickey even played a game of hide and seek with the boys:
PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_8052732944.jpeg
The boys were pointing to him behind the photographer here.

PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_8052732943.jpeg

PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_8052730872.jpeg
PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_8052730873.jpeg
Look how much they love him!
PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_8052730871.jpeg
This is one of my favorite photos of the trip!

All in all it was a great meet and I will continue to schedule it every trip as long as I can!

Okay, I know there wasn't much to that post other than photos, but it took me like an hour to get it done! I have a little boy here distracting me...lol. And I still need to shower, then go get the other little boy from my parents' house. So please forgive me for the short entry. Hopefully I'll be back soon to update more.

Up next: Day Five 6/7/2017 - Animal Kingdom (part 2)

Last edited:
Besides, I'll probably still be working on this sucker come FP booking time. :rotfl2:

lol! Look at tot this way, if you are you’re lucky enough to have so many trips planned they’re running into each other!

I think it is fairly obvious that AJ wasn't feeling the photos at this point, but just give him a few minutes and some characters to change his mind!

I was gonna say! Grumpy little gus, bet he perched up pretty fast though.

Then we watched the opening bird show

Am such a nerd and just love that little flight they take!

This is adorable! Glad it woke the boys up!

This is one of my favorite photos of the trip

Such a sweet picture! That’s one for the mantle, for sure.

Sorry you're so busy and swamped! I know fall always feels super crazy to me, there's just one thing activity after another. Thanks for making time for an update. :)

That is a wonderful family photo!! Your kids are just the cutest when they meet the characters, you can see such pure joy in their little faces!

First off, I was able to get our DVC membership number by calling in last Thursday, so we are OFFICIALLY booked for Sunday, June 3 - Thursday June 7 at BRV.

Congrats! Looks like you'll have lots more trips.

Which I think we must have because I have our first photos taken of DeVine by the entrance at 8:58am:
img_6294-jpg.274710

She is so cool.

Look how much they love him!

Really great photos. You can see how much they love Mickey.

I can see why.

We're headed back for Mardi Gras. It's just going to be Michelle, Jimmy, Gia, JP and me. Gia is going to dancing with her dance class.

I love how the characters can have such an effect on kids and bring them to complete and utter joy!
It is truly wonderful, isn't it?

I was gonna say! Grumpy little gus, bet he perched up pretty fast though.
Yes, so moody at five...lol.

This is adorable!
Thanks!

Such a sweet picture! That’s one for the mantle, for sure.
I had it printed out big but I still need to get a frame for it.

Sorry you're so busy and swamped! I know fall always feels super crazy to me, there's just one thing activity after another. Thanks for making time for an update. :)
This year seems worse than others. We are having a time at our school this year. :(

That is a wonderful family photo!!
Thank you!

Your kids are just the cutest when they meet the characters, you can see such pure joy in their little faces!
They truly enjoy it!

Congrats! Looks like you'll have lots more trips.
Just what I wanted! :)

Really great photos. You can see how much they love Mickey.
They truly do.

We're headed back for Mardi Gras. It's just going to be Michelle, Jimmy, Gia, JP and me. Gia is going to dancing with her dance class.
Yay! Sounds so fun!

First off, I was able to get our DVC membership number by calling in last Thursday, so we are OFFICIALLY booked for Sunday, June 3 - Thursday June 7 at BRV.
I saw this on FB I think, congratulations!!! I really wish I could do an early June trip so we could meet up but just won't work with the boys' school, especially with Ricky's final exams. One of these days! (girls trip 2019 :D)

The boys were pointing to him behind the photographer here.
Adorable shot and adorable that Mickey played with them! I haven't done this M&G in so very long and I just love their outfits here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter