I spent a week at Disney World and never had a burger!

Claire&TheBoys

The Queen of the Castle!
I didn't start out to avoid burgers on our recent WDW trip. It just happened that way! We were on our way home, talking about all the places we'd eaten and I realized I hadn't had a burger anywhere, and we mostly ate QS the entire week. So here's what I ate, and how it was.

QS Meal 1: Cosmic Ray's. We arrived at the MK right at 5:00 on our first day after a day of driving. We had FP for 2 attractions in Tomorrowland so the obvious choice for dinner was Cosmic Ray's. I had the chicken nuggets, without fries. I must have had at least 10 large pieces of chicken. Way more than I could eat, and I gave the rest of the nuggets to my husband and sons. I stole a few fries from each of them, and made a little "salad" from lettuce and tomato off the toppings bar.

QS Meal 2: PizzeRizzo. Probably the worst QS meal of the trip. We usually go to Backlot Express at Studios, but since it's similar fare to Cosmic Ray's, we decided to do something different. Should have stuck with Backlot Express. At least we had salad.

TS Meal 1: Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater. I had a terrific pasta and chicken dish. The chicken was blackened, so a little spicier than I'd expected, but it was good.

QS Meal 3: Restaurantosaurus. I had a grilled chicken BLT. It was pretty good, except it had some kind of mayo sauce on it, which I didn't notice listed on the menu or I would have had that left off. I used a knife to get most of it off. I also asked to have the fries left off here, but was given them anyway.

QS Meal 4: Flame Tree BBQ. Half rotisserie chicken - delicious.

QS Meal 5: Breakfast at the food court, POFQ. Mickey waffle and bacon. Pretty standard Disney breakfast.

QS Meal 6: Earl of Sandwich. We were actually eating a very late lunch after a morning fishing at POR and some pool time, so we split 2 sandwiches between the 4 of us. It was enough to tide us over to dinner.

TS Meal 2: Trail's End. Best meal of the week. Actual sweet tea was served here (brewed, like we do it in the South). Fried chicken, ribs, carved brisket, mashed potatoes, yum. We'll definitely return here if we have a chance.

QS Meal 7: Be Our Guest. French dip sandwich and fries. Very good, and large. I shared my sandwich with my younger son who was dismayed that the kids' grilled shrimp meal only had 4 shrimp.

QS Meal 8: Mexican QS in Epcot. I had the chicken tacos and they were decent. I'm sure they were more authentic than what I make at home, but I'd have liked some cheese, lettuce, and tomato on them. As a side note, my younger son had the shredded beef tacos and thought they were too spicy.

QS Meal 9: Sunshine Seasons. Always a family favorite. I usually get the pork loin but wasn't in the mood for a big meal so I had the chicken Caesar salad. Kind of small, portion-wise, but fairly tasty. I topped it off with a chocolate chip cookie.

QS Meal 10: Columbia Harbor House. We waited quite a long time for our food here, and it wasn't quite as good as I'd remembered. I had the fish/chicken combo. Chicken was better than the fish this time.

QS Meal 11: Breakfast at POFQ food court before we left. Enjoyed the chocolate chip pancakes and bacon.

So there you have it - a week without a burger. My husband and sons did eat an occasional burger, but also branched out and ate other things (a few hot dogs here and there, pulled pork sandwiches).

:thanks: for the review. So interesting to hear how others prioritize their meal selections on vacation. I wouldn't have minded a burger thrown in when 8 out of 13 reported meals were chicken :P:-). Unless it's fried on the bone at Hoop Dee Doo or 50's Prime Time Cafe, I have a rule to avoid chicken, lettuce salads, and pudding on vacation. Sci-Fi is a good opportunity to get a delicious burger. DH and I eat :fish:like you eat chicken, though, because we find it is lighter on our stomachs when touring the parks. Hope you had a great trip. Looking forward to our coming up soon :cloud9:.

Yes, I guess I did eat a lot of chicken, but we tend to eat a good amount of beef at home, because my kids aren't crazy about chicken. I hardly ever eat seafood anywhere because we live on the Gulf Coast of Florida and good fresh seafood is abundant here, and I prefer mild fish like grouper, don't care for tilapia or salmon. All depends on what you like, I guess!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter