"I smell Elephants" and Forbidden Journey's, Jaydens Make a Wish trip !

the boys look so cute with their pillows!

yay for a fun day at DHS! and for missing the rain :thumbsup2

Just caught up on your TR! Love seeing it all through the eyes of you and your boys :)

Once we finished with the Backlot Tour we noticed it was almost time for Lights, Motor, Action ! and so we headed over to grab a seat. I utilized the GAC card and found seating in the handicap section. It was a pretty good view. But why do I always get stuck in front of a child who insist on kicking me in the back repeatedly ?? :mad: Thankfully the child settled down and everyone got into the show. Last time we were there it was still Herbie and so I was excited to see the new, Lightening McQueen portion !

235.jpg
[/IMG]
236.jpg
[/IMG]

Finally .. the moment I was waiting for ..

238.jpg
[/IMG]
239.jpg
[/IMG]
240.jpg
[/IMG]

I loved the Lightening McQueen segment !! After 7 years of Herbie it was fun to see something new and current. :thumbsup2

So after we got done with the Lights, Motor, Action ! I had realized that we hadn't eaten since breakfast and it was almost 4:00 pm ! I was starving .. and we were pretty close to the Studio Catering Co and so we headed over. It was pretty busy so i had the boys grab a table and I set off for food. I got the roast pork sandwich (very good !!) and Jeremy got the some sort of chicken sandwich .. pretty sure it was buffalo something or another. The boys had their usual chicken nuggets and fries. (no pics .. I was hot and hungry !)

After a nice little meal we were feeling satisfied and ready for more action !
I realized that the boys had NEVER been over to Honey I Shrunk the Kids play area !! So that was our next stop.

247.jpg
[/IMG]
246.jpg
[/IMG]
245.jpg
[/IMG]
244.jpg
[/IMG]
243.jpg
[/IMG]

My boys love these play areas but I have only ONE complaint .. lack of seating for the parents !! I had to find a corner and sat on the floor while the boys ran around. They had SO much fun !! We spent about 45 minutes there but then it was time to move on.

248.jpg
[/IMG]

We don't do TOT or RnR so we had pretty much done everything we wanted for that day. So we headed back over to Star Tours for a second go.
Then over to Indiana Jones.
250.jpg
[/IMG]

This is another of Jaydens favorite things. I really wanted him to go over and meet Indy (I've never known him to meet with people before but saw he was talking to some kids) but Jayden was too shy. :(

Then we made one last stop at the Great Movie Ride for a second go and then called it a day.

We never did see Phineas and Ferb .. I wasn't even sure where they were but I thought we were going to have another day to find out .. but this ended up being our one time to DHS.

We headed back to GKTW and by then were were hungry. We ate a late dinner .. I think it was ribs .. they were VERY good !! Our favorite meal so far.

Then Jeremy went over to get a banana split and the boys got cones and we were off to our villa for bed !

Next up Universal Studios ...

yay for seeing McQueen....haven't watched that show in years...probably because I have a girl, maybe next trip!

sorry you missed P & F....they are kind of tucked in behind the muppet show

yay for seeing McQueen....haven't watched that show in years...probably because I have a girl, maybe next trip!

sorry you missed P & F....they are kind of tucked in behind the muppet show

Having boys it's a must do ! But I never have to stand in line for a princess meet. :thumbsup2

I mentioned The Muppets but nobody else wanted to do it .. so we skipped that. That's probably why we missed P&F. :confused3

Having boys it's a must do ! But I never have to stand in line for a princess meet. :thumbsup2

I mentioned The Muppets but nobody else wanted to do it .. so we skipped that. That's probably why we missed P&F. :confused3

what the boys don't like the princesses :confused3:rotfl2:

we love the muppet show...brings back memories for me watching the show on Saturday nights :goodvibes

The boys had their first school "dance" tonight. It's called a dance ... but it was more like a gathering with music and pizza. It was a lot of fun.
The school colors are green and gold and the boys chose to wear their P&F shirts that were a gift from VBAndrea :goodvibes

Their friends loved the shirts ..
photo-1664.jpg
[/IMG]

Just found your TR and I am enjoying it. Your little teasers keep me clicking for updates!

I'm trying to be ! I'm so mad at myself because I took along a notebook and started taking notes .. but that only lasted like 1 day. Now I have to go by memory and I'm trying to remember the little things.
:rotfl: It was a good idea but enjoying the little moments is what is important even if you forget to write them down (or even forget them) the feeling stays with you.

Ok .. lets see if I can finish our first full day !! Has it only been the first day ?? Only 10 more to go .. :hyper:

th_Santa178.jpg
[/IMG]
I love the boys in their Christmas PJs. What a great idea and it makes for some super cute pictures with Santa.

Glad the boys enjoyed the day at Universal. How nice that both boys got to get a wand and Jesse got to get something too.

Love the picture of the boys at their "dance".

Just found your TR and I am enjoying it. Your little teasers keep me clicking for updates!

:rotfl: It was a good idea but enjoying the little moments is what is important even if you forget to write them down (or even forget them) the feeling stays with you.

I love the boys in their Christmas PJs. What a great idea and it makes for some super cute pictures with Santa.

Glad the boys enjoyed the day at Universal. How nice that both boys got to get a wand and Jesse got to get something too.

Love the picture of the boys at their "dance".

Glad your here !! :cool1:

About to do another update right now ! :goodvibes

Today was another exciting day .. it would be a day of firsts for us since we had never been to Universal .. I wasn't sure what rides the boys would agree to go on .. but I was hopeful.

First off .. our usual breakfast .. but today Jayden decided he wanted to eat in the "truck" room ..

139.jpg
[/IMG]
140.jpg
[/IMG]

On our way back to our villa we ran into this ..

0690KeatonsKorral.jpg
[/IMG]

The boys had no interest in riding .. but they were fun to look at. :thumbsup2

So now we are off to Universal !!

The GPS cooperated and we got there in no time .. again we were directed over to handicap parking and then the long walk to to the front gate.

This time I decided to grab a stroller since I wanted to be there until the Mardi Gras parade at 9:00 pm.
I like how Universal is set up .. it's kind of just like going in a big circle and so we hit the attractions as we came upon them .. not crisscrossing needed. Kind of reminds me of how Magic Kingdom is set up.

Anyway our first stop was Terminator 2 3-D. Now like I've said before .. Universal is outstanding when it comes to the Wish kids and again we were treated like VIP's. We were taken through the back entrance by a cast member dressed like a police officer (I know .. where's the pic ??) my bad. I commented "I feel like I'm in trouble !!" and he laughed. Then were were brought to the front of the crowd and all we had to do was wait for the doors to open and we found our seats. Again .. i apologize for no pics .. I did take a few during the show .. but they came out blurry. I have a little point and shoot camera .. which works great with proper lighting. It's not a ride .. but a live show .. it's very cool.
The boys enjoyed the show. It had live actors and lots of action !! They already plan on doing this again next trip. :thumbsup2
I did grab this pic in the gift shop ..
141.jpg
[/IMG]

Next we saw Spongebob !!
photo-1757.jpg
[/IMG]

Then we walked around a bit ..
142.jpg
[/IMG]

Next up was ET Adventure .. the boys were excited to ride this ! (no pics :rolleyes1)
It was a lot of fun .. very much a family ride .. very cute too ! :thumbsup2

Then we hit the Simpson Ride .. this is a motion simulator type ride .. made me kinda queasy ... but not too bad. I wouldn't do it more than once though.
Look a pic !! :woohoo:

photo-1046.jpg
[/IMG]

After that we headed over to Men in Black. You have to lock up your stuff for this ride so after we did that we headed in .. again .. no waiting. :thumbsup2
(and no pic :blush:)
Men in Black is sort of like Buzz Lightyear in that you have to try to shoot the aliens with a little zapper thing. It was a lot of fun. Not a turbulent ride .. a few spins .. but not too bad.

By then we were a little hungry .. and we ran into a bakery and got some dessert (nice lunch huh ?? :hyper:)

photo-1563.jpg
[/IMG]
photo-2030.jpg
[/IMG]

They were gooood !!

We walked around (the Jaws ride area is all boarded up so we just sort of followed that around) and the boys got some Dippin Dots ..

photo-1360.jpg
[/IMG]

I ended up eating half .. :rolleyes1

Then we rode Revenge of the Mummy !
I was very nervous about riding this because I knew it was like a roller coaster. It was INTENSE for sure ! I was actually surprised the boys agreed to ride it but they ended up really enjoying it.

Then we went over to Twister .. Ride it Out ... which isn't a ride at all .. but more of an experience. It was really neat to watch. We all enjoyed it very much.

Then we hit up Shrek 4-D which is a 3D show/movie. It was ok .. the boys enjoyed it.

We had really wanted to go on Disaster .. but it was closed that day. We had pretty much done everything else we had wanted to do .. so we decided to head back to wear it all started .. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter !!

Up next .. Spiders, Broomsticks and another go on The Forbidden Journey !

so great you got some VIP treatment again!
bet you made some mama points for having dessert for lunch :thumbsup2 they do look yummy!

so great you got some VIP treatment again!
bet you made some mama points for having dessert for lunch :thumbsup2 they do look yummy!

Before we went I had read from other reports on how well Universal treats the wish families .. but I had NO idea to what extent. It was amazing. They really roll out the red carpet and it really made our trip that more special. :goodvibes

As far as dessert for lunch .. yeah, that :rolleyes1 .. we make up for it later though !! :thumbsup2

:cloud9: That dessert looks yummy... and when you are on vacation calories don't count.:)

Did I mention that mine was tirimisu and Jeremy's was cheesecake ?? :hyper:

Calories shouldn't count .. Not when you're walking 10 miles a day !! :thumbsup2 I actually LOST 3 lbs during our trip. :eek:

Woo Hoo on losing weight on a trip. That is always a bonus especially with all the good food.

Woo Hoo on losing weight on a trip. That is always a bonus especially with all the good food.

I had become weight conscious about 6 months ago and vowed to lose 10 lbs. So I kicked the snack habit and started eating cereal (Special K, Cheerios ect) for breakfast instead of whatever junk I was eating and I managed to get down 7-9 lbs but sort of just hovered there. I guess all the exercise is just what I needed to break the 10lb mark ! Now I just have to maintain it. :thumbsup2

Ps .. just checked out your PTR (your family is adorable :love:).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter