"I smell Elephants" and Forbidden Journey's, Jaydens Make a Wish trip !

I am loving the picture of y'all on HP Forbidden Journey! That is fantastic!

I have read other reports about how neat the wand store is---how, just like in the books, the wand "chooses" you!

I am loving the picture of y'all on HP Forbidden Journey! That is fantastic!

I have read other reports about how neat the wand store is---how, just like in the books, the wand "chooses" you!

It was so cute ... the flick of the first wand makes weird things happen in the store ... Jayden thought it was a riot ! Then when you get the "right" wand .. A breeze comes and you hear the famous Harry Potter theme music.. It gave me chills ! :goodvibes
The ride pic was great ! Jesse is the one hiding his face ... Jayden just looks terrified ! :hyper:

Ok .. lets see if I can finish our first full day !! Has it only been the first day ?? Only 10 more to go .. :hyper:

So .. like I said .. it was hot (like 90) and we were still tired from our trip here so we decided to go back for some swimming and Christmas fun.
I loved how they had Christmas music playing throughout the village .. even at the pool !
The boys swam and I .. well I did nothing ! I sat and enjoyed the sunshine and watching my boys play around in the pool !
Before we knew it .. it was time to get ready for dinner. I got the boys all washed up and decided to put their pj's that they wore for Christmas on since I had brought them and they were Disney related. Well we got SO many compliments on them ! Just walking to the Gingerbread House we had people commenting on how cute they looked in their Christmas pj's and that nobody ever dresses up for the Christmas party and it was nice to see them in the spirit. I don't know .. I just thought it would be fun .. but I guess it really made the volunteers very happy ! Glad I could give back .. even a little. :goodvibes

So we went in to get dinner .. Jeremy and I had the Turkey ..

photo-1645.jpg
[/IMG]

It actually tasted much better than it looks in this pic !
The boys went over to the Chew Chew and got their usual chicken nuggets and mac and cheese .. (I think that makes 3 times) ..
While we were eating someone came over and asked the boys if they wanted to be in the parade since they looked so cute and festive in their Christmas pj's .. but the boys said "no" (of course they did :rolleyes:) I tried to convince them that it would be fun .. but, nope, they weren't going for it. :(

Then we headed out to enjoy the festivities. They had stations set up with arts and crafts and hot cocoa .. the boys didn't want to do the crafts so we headed on into the theater to meet Santa.

The kids in front of us were complaining about waiting in line and wanted to know if they could use their fastpass ! :rotfl:

After about a 20 minute or so wait we had finally made it up to the big guy !! The lady in charge of the pics asked me what our villa number was .. and I couldn't remember !! I knew how to get there .. but just never registered the number into my head. Well this was NOT a good thing to do.:confused3 I got scolded by the lady for not knowing and we were made to sit while the other families (who knew their villa numbers) went up to see Santa and I was desperately looking through my phone to see if I had a pic of it !! Finally Jesse was like "you need our villa number ?" "that's easy .. it's 229". I jumped up as if I knew the answer to the million dollar question "it's 229 !!" . and the lady looked down her nose onto the pad and said "DeSaulnier" and I said "yes !!". "Ok" she says .. "you can go up now" (very military like). Whew .. our time out was over and we were heading up the stairs to see SANTA !!

Santa181.jpg
[/IMG]
Santa180.jpg
[/IMG]
Santa179.jpg
[/IMG]
Santa178.jpg
[/IMG]

After we got our pics taken with Santa we went outside down a path passing by Mayer Claytons house and ran into these fine elves ..

208.jpg
[/IMG]

They told the boys they could select any present they wanted (even Jeremy, who then explained that he was 20yrs old and didn't need a toy :hyper:)

The boys made their choices ..

206.jpg
[/IMG]
207.jpg
[/IMG]
209-1.jpg
[/IMG]

After that we went over to check out the festivities and then grabbed some ice cream and watched the parade before heading back to our villa for another early night ..

photo-2399.jpg
[/IMG]
210.jpg
[/IMG]

That concludes day 1 of our Forbidden Journey .. tomorrow, Disney Hollywood Studios !

Loving your TR so far!

I had no idea places like GKTW existed, what a magical place. It's so lovely that they include the entire family, even twenty year olds!

It made me laugh that the boys wanted to go back 'home' and swim instead of spend the rest of the day at Universal. I love how kids just love the simple things.

the boys look very cute in their jammies....happy you all had a fun night, except for the grumpy elf at santa's....couldn't she look it up by your name :confused3

looking forward to your DHS day....

great first day - WWOHP looks amazing but the Christmas and Santa visit is awesome :)

Celebrating Christmas in April was great !! :hyper:

Loving your TR so far!

I had no idea places like GKTW existed, what a magical place. It's so lovely that they include the entire family, even twenty year olds!

It made me laugh that the boys wanted to go back 'home' and swim instead of spend the rest of the day at Universal. I love how kids just love the simple things.

I had no idea until recently either ! I knew people who had gone there but I didn't know exactly what it was all about. Being here, on the Dis was very informative and so I was happily prepared but still pleasantly surprised by how wonderful it all was. :goodvibes
Yeah, my boy would rather swim than anything else ! :hyper:

the boys look very cute in their jammies....happy you all had a fun night, except for the grumpy elf at santa's....couldn't she look it up by your name :confused3
looking forward to your DHS day....
Thank you !
I made the mistake of asking the " elf" lady that same question and she said "there are 400 something names on this list and I can't stand here looking for ONE name" !! Thankfully Jesse saved the day. :goodvibes

Celebrating Christmas in April was great !! :hyper:

I had no idea until recently either ! I knew people who had gone there but I didn't know exactly what it was all about. Being here, on the Dis was very informative and so I was happily prepared but still pleasantly surprised by how wonderful it all was. :goodvibes
Yeah, my boy would rather swim than anything else ! :hyper:

Thank you !
I made the mistake of asking the " elf" lady that same question and she said "there are 400 something names on this list and I can't stand here looking for ONE name" !! Thankfully Jesse saved the day. :goodvibes

maybe they should put the guests names in alphabetical order, I'm sure you weren't the first one not to remember their #

I'm so sorry I missed your send-off and the start of your TR. I'm here now and subscribed and will come back tomorrow to catch up.

Thank you !

They can look it up by last name. It really doesn't take very long, sometimes I have to do it. Everything else sounds like an awesome day though!

maybe they should put the guests names in alphabetical order, I'm sure you weren't the first one not to remember their #

I'm sure ! :confused3
I'm so sorry I missed your send-off and the start of your TR. I'm here now and subscribed and will come back tomorrow to catch up.
That's ok Kathy ... I'm happy to see you !! :goodvibes

They can look it up by last name. It really doesn't take very long, sometimes I have to do it. Everything else sounds like an awesome day though!

That's what i figured ! You took our pics without our room number with no problems. :thumbsup2
It was such an awesome day ... The boys are insisting on going back to WWoHP .. So I guess I'll have to plan a day there next year.::yes::

:love: Love your updates.... someday we want to go to Universal to see HP.

I love that walking cane/wand .... that is just awesome:thumbsup2

The boys look so cute in their jammies....That is the way to party....comfy all the way....:cool1:

Okay...I'm all caught up.

Sorry that you weren't feeling well on the way to the airport; part of it was probably the excitement.

Love the Village (which I've seen on numerous TR's).

What a great first day at Universal and the special "pixie dust" (even if pixie dust is at DW) and for them to include both boys.

I do love the boys pj's.

Okay, ready for more. :goodvibes

:love: Love your updates.... someday we want to go to Universal to see HP.

I love that walking cane/wand .... that is just awesome:thumbsup2

Universal was great ! We are planning a trip back. :thumbsup2

The cane/wand IS cool ..but he wouldn't have known about it unless a certain someone (daniel) hadn't told him !! That thing was expensive .. :eek:

ah! I didn't know you started your tr! well I am here now!
Yay !! :yay:
The boys look so cute in their jammies....That is the way to party....comfy all the way....:cool1:

Yup .. cute and comfy !! Thanks for the compliment. :goodvibes

Okay...I'm all caught up.

Sorry that you weren't feeling well on the way to the airport; part of it was probably the excitement.

Love the Village (which I've seen on numerous TR's).

What a great first day at Universal and the special "pixie dust" (even if pixie dust is at DW) and for them to include both boys.

I do love the boys pj's.

Okay, ready for more. :goodvibes

Yeah, I think it was excitement and lack of sleep. :thumbsup2

The village is very special !

It was a very special day for sure. :love:

Hopefully I can do an update this weekend. My baby granddaughter is really giving me a run for my money ! :scared:

So after a busy first full day at the parks I was excited to go to a Disney park !
I had originally had planned on going to Hollywood Studios on our first day but the wish ended up happening that day so I had to change plans. I was also supposed to meet up with a friend at Magic Kingdom that day too and had to cancel that. :( But I wouldn't trade that day for ANYTHING .. it was awesome !

So after a good nights sleep we were ready for breakfast at the Gingerbread House. We all ended up eating the same as usual. I had cereal and a banana and a cup of tea, Jeremy had scrambled eggs and bacon and the boys had waffles.

After breakfast I decided to have Jayden do his star and make his pillow.

photo-407.jpg
[/IMG]
His star is somewhere up there in that circle.

Then making the pillow .. both boys got one .. but Jesse didn't want to participate .. he's so shy !
photo-2018.jpg
[/IMG]
photo-572.jpg
[/IMG]
photo-1005.jpg
[/IMG]
photo-2434.jpg
[/IMG]
photo-1610.jpg
[/IMG]
photo-757.jpg
[/IMG]

This is a 3 minute video clip of the pillow making process ..

April%206th
[/URL][/IMG]

Finally we were OFF to DHS !!

We went back to the villa and grabbed the car and our fickle GPS and headed on our way. Luckily our GPS was in a good mood and took us directly to where we wanted to be .. Disney !!

photo-1208.jpg
[/IMG]

Now I had planned to come back to DHS further into the trip but it just never happened .. so I'm very light on pictures ..

Our first stop was The Great Movie Ride .. one of our most favorite Disney rides. I just love all the scenes and lights .. its a relaxing, well designed ride and fun for everyone. :thumbsup2

As it turned out .. we got the front row AND got the cowboy act .. which was funny because I was just telling Jeremy that I can't remember not ever having the mobster act !
252.jpg
[/IMG]
251.jpg
[/IMG]

Here's a short clip of the wicked witch scene (my favorite part of the ride ;))

April%206th
[/URL][/IMG]

When we came out of the ride everything was soaking wet .. but the sun was shining. Well apparently there had been a flash storm whikle we were on the ride and we had missed the whole thing ! Oh well .. that would be our only rain the whole week. :)
From here we were off to what the boys were most looking forward to .. Star Tours !! Now I'm not really into motion rides ... but this one is really fun. I just feel a little queasy afterwards .. but I can usually just walk it off ..

photo-1305.jpg
[/IMG]
photo-349.jpg
[/IMG]

As the ride started they announced we were looking for a rebel spy .. and who's picture should appear up on the screen ??

Jeremy !! :rotfl2: I had no idea one of my own children had joined the dark side !!

We got off the ride and browsed through the Star Wars store a bit .. but oddly the boys didn't want to buy anything. :confused3

Here .. a wookie is trying to eat Jaydens head ..
photo-945.jpg
[/IMG]
213.jpg
[/IMG]
212.jpg
[/IMG]
249.jpg
[/IMG]

Continued shortly ..

Exceeded my pic limit ..

So after we left the store we took pics on this little land/bike speeder thingy ..

215.jpg
[/IMG]
216.jpg
[/IMG]
217.jpg
[/IMG]

Then we were off to join the mania .. Toy Story Midway Mania !!

221.jpg
[/IMG]

Now there's a lot of hype about this ride and I have to admit .. I'm sold ! I know I've heard mixed reviews on this ride .. but I think it's mostly because there IS so much hype and not exactly what people expect .. but we love it !

218.jpg
[/IMG]
photo-2309.jpg
[/IMG]
219.jpg
[/IMG]
220.jpg
[/IMG]
033_33-1.jpg
[/IMG]

I never really keep score .. but you sure do get a sore arm from trying to get as many targets as you can !!

Next up Backlot Tour .. not a favorite .. but it's an at least once a trip ride .. again .. it's a relaxing ride and the boys enjoy it.
Now here's where experience helps out .. there is no fast pass line .. but there is only one line that can accommodate a wheelchair. Well we were on foot and so once they let everyone in we stayed in the first row and while everyone stopped to look over the barrier .. we sort of just kept going behind everyone and ended up at the very beginning of the line. (Ok, you can call it cutting .. but really .. everyone had stopped AND nobody even noticed that we walked behind them) .. so no harm, no foul. Plus there were no people in wheelchairs. This worked out great because we ended up going straight to the ride vehicle ahead of everyone before the pre-show was over and got seated right away. I say we saved ourselves about 15-20 minutes of waiting. :thumbsup2

242.jpg
[/IMG]
223.jpg
[/IMG]
224.jpg
[/IMG]
225.jpg
[/IMG]
226.jpg
[/IMG]
227.jpg
[/IMG]
228.jpg
[/IMG]
229.jpg
[/IMG]
230.jpg
[/IMG]
231.jpg
[/IMG]
232.jpg
[/IMG]
233.jpg
[/IMG][/IMG]

Whew .. that was a lot of pics .. !

Next up we get to see Lightening McQueen in action !

Loving your TR so far! Can't wait to see what you guys did the rest of your trip! Looks like you are off to a great start!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter