I signed up!/And finished it today!!

Daisybelle

I'm just happy to be here
Hello WISH board people!

I have been working at building up to a 5k for the last month and a half after too long of just being sporadically active. I enlisted several friends to join me and it's just a week away now! I officially signed my daughter and I up today! :scared1:
Now I'm nervous! I'm as ready as I can be, but man am I nervous! Excited to be moving in this direction, but there are butterflies stirring up in my belly.

I have my eye on an 8 mile event in my community in September so I'll have the summer to get ready for that one and keep getting fit.

Just wanted to share! :yay:

you will :rockband: Cyber high five and have a great time!

Congrats Daisybelle on signing up! I am running my first 5K this Satuday too - excited but nervous also! Good luck and please do report back - would love to hear how it went!

Congrats Daisybelle on signing up! I am running my first 5K this Satuday too - excited but nervous also! Good luck and please do report back - would love to hear how it went!

You'll have to let me know how your 5k goes too! Although, I am walking mine. I'm not quite to the 'running' stage yet. I'm hoping to begin that in another month or so.

I am happy to report that I successfully completed my first 5k this morning! AND, prepare yourselves for this news bulletin: I came in 2nd in my age division! :cheer2:

Now-that would be really impressive had there been more than 2 women in my category. :rolleyes1 But I got a ribbon nontheless! It was quite hilarious. Our event in town here was not very well attended. We have had horrible rain the past few weeks (Pacific Northwest) so only 30+ showed up. It was actually very pretty out today, though. The first sunny day in quite awhile. I've been building up to the 5k for about 7 weeks and feel very good about how it went. I wasn't my fastest but I had distractions in the form of several friends joining me; which was delightful but caused me to slow down a couple times. Not that I would have been a whole faster, so no worries.

I stayed for the awards ceremony because I wanted to get the whole experience of how a 5k works. When they got to the 40-49 age category/women I hear "1st place with 33.11 minutes is Susie So-and-so, and 2nd place Daisybelle with 59.11 minutes. Oh my goodness I laughed so hard. Nevertheless I let out a loud "WOOHOO!!" and ran up to get my ribbon. The small crowd liked my enthusiasm and cheered and clapped for me. So I, Ms. Daisybelle, plus-sized Mom, just getting back into healthy living, took 2nd place at my first 5k. :rotfl2: I wore my ribbon all day. :goodvibes

It was a delightful day! I've found another event I would like to do in July so I stay focused on exercising. It's much more fun when there is something to work towards. I do believe I am developing an addiction.

Thank you all for your advice over the last several weeks! :worship:

Great job!!! And it doesn't matter that there were only 2 of you in the age division, you came in second!

Keep up the great work, I am certain that you will do even better at your event in July.:cool1:

Congrats DaiseyBelle! That is awesome! Sorry to hear the event was not to well attendeded, but sounds like those who did attend had a great time! Congrats on your ribbon! It is a great accomplishment to complete something you never thought you could!

My 5K went really well yesterday - first time I've run one (been a walker for many years but just started running in April). I was being passed by eldery runners and little kids all around - but I had a great time and I finished with a really good time (for me), so I was very happy. It is addicting!

Congrats DaiseyBelle! That is awesome! Sorry to hear the event was not to well attendeded, but sounds like those who did attend had a great time! Congrats on your ribbon! It is a great accomplishment to complete something you never thought you could!

My 5K went really well yesterday - first time I've run one (been a walker for many years but just started running in April). I was being passed by eldery runners and little kids all around - but I had a great time and I finished with a really good time (for me), so I was very happy. It is addicting!

Congratulations! That's a big accomplishment. That's a future goal of mine, but I have some work to do to get there. During my walk yesterday I was always slightly behind this one older woman until the very end when I passed her. When I was looking at the results online I saw that she was 87! :scared1: My first thought was "You go grandma!" and then my second thought was "You keep walking and getting in better shape Daisy because an 87-year-old woman with blonde hair and pink lipstick almost beat you!" :goodvibes

I hope you are able to do another one soon, too!

Congrats on placing, and in your first 5k. Just a bit of advice - never tell people how large the field was. I have a lot of races where I placed quite well - I just don't tell people that everyone in the race could have comfortably fit on the average school bus, with plenty of room to spare. :rotfl:

Seriously though - great job, and wear that ribbon with pride! You earned it, after all. :thumbsup2

Congratulations!!!! You should be wearing that ribbon with pride!! I just signed up for my first 5k on 6/16, and am a little nervous, but I'm going to do it.

Congrats on placing, and in your first 5k. Just a bit of advice - never tell people how large the field was. I have a lot of races where I placed quite well - I just don't tell people that everyone in the race could have comfortably fit on the average school bus, with plenty of room to spare. :rotfl:

Seriously though - great job, and wear that ribbon with pride! You earned it, after all. :thumbsup2

Very good point! :rotfl: I'll have to learn to use creative editing when recounting my stories.

Congratulations!!!! You should be wearing that ribbon with pride!! I just signed up for my first 5k on 6/16, and am a little nervous, but I'm going to do it.

I was nervous too, especially the night before. I enlisted some good friends to do it with me so I'd have friendly faces there while I tried to figure out where everything was. I'd like to try the next one on my own though so I can just focus on the event itself. I hope you enjoy your first 5k as much as I enjoyed mine! :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts