I sense a disturbance in the force.....

Based on the news about the price increase on the Annual Pass.....I sense a "rant" coming this afternoon. I've already seen signs on facebook :oops:

Doug :goofy:

Possibly, the Pete has said from past increases that he no longer will rant about it because he knows in the end he will pay it

Now this was pretty massive and came with no warning so perhaps a few choice words will come - but I expect more he mentions it but then says how he won't rant about it (and perhaps spin it to a rant about lowered service standards coupled with increasing prices - but not the prices alone)

Possibly, the Pete has said from past increases that he no longer will rant about it because he knows in the end he will pay it

Now this was pretty massive and came with no warning so perhaps a few choice words will come - but I expect more he mentions it but then says how he won't rant about it (and perhaps spin it to a rant about lowered service standards coupled with increasing prices - but not the prices alone)
If he doesn't want to rant I'd gladly do it for him!

No rant is coming. They upped the price because they have Star Wars coming. They won't stop raising park prices until their bottom line no longer supports it.

I actually think the WDW fans have more reason to complain, specifically out of state guests. I don’t see any option below $1100 for those living in neighboring states? Is that correct?
Disneyland has two options for out of state guests WAY below that. Now, granted it’s apples and oranges as these lower options have blackouts, require reservations on certain days and don’t include parking. But honestly, out of state guests to DL can plan around blackouts and should be staying close enough to walk and not utilize parking. If you live out of state you don’t need or want 365 day access.
I am not sure if Pete will see what it means for those outside of Florida. I do hope someone at the table points that out. Also, especially for those who are heavily invested in DVC to the point of needing APs and they can’t easily just decide to spend their travel dollars elsewhere. It seems like with the limitless ceiling on AP/ticket prices, it means your DVC vacation cost kinda remains permanently unknown.

Last edited:
I actually think the WDW fans have more reason to complain, specifically out of state guests. I don’t see any option below $1100 for those living in neighboring states?

This. As someone who lives in Georgia, it is a little annoying that we don’t get *some* sort of discount on APs, and I feel we should. Like, I feel for that person who lives in Valdosta, which is like no more than 15 minutes from the state line who now has to pay for a Platinum (or better) pass just because they narrowly live just outside of Florida. Heck, WDW is pretty easy to get to from the Atlanta area where I live. It’s not that bad a drive and the flights from ATL to MCO are very quick and usually cheap, which prompted me to get my first AP last month. Unfortunately, with these kinds of prices (and I wouldn’t put it past them to do away with the renewal discount at some point), this might be my first and last year as an AP.

I wanted to explore that DVC scenario a little more as that’s what Pete has been focused on lately. The DVC price went up $90-$150 depending on pass. If you are a family of 5, say you have enough points to stay 2-3 total weeks a year, with dates sprinkled throughout (meaning APs). If you have 30 years left on your contract, did Disney not essentially tack $13,500-$22,500 on your contact last night?! Since you are already committed to Disney, it seems so. It’s not actually that since you won’t have to pay it right away and inflation and such but...Wow.

Last edited:
I have always felt sympathy for DL passholders. At least Florida has more choices passwise. But still, that's a huge amount of money to shell out for an AP.

It's a very calculated and a smart business choice. It's about making HUGE profit. That and crowd control.
This isn't a surprise.

They are literally and successfully going to price people out.
There are many people that can't afford this increase, so they will not purchase an AP. That is the whole point.
For those that it doesn't affect, they will pay the price and move on with their Disney experiences.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter