I see that you can do cane fishing at the docks of FW BUT...

mousy_in_canada

<font color=darkcoral>Ahhh to dream!<br><font colo
Are you allowed to bring your own rod & reel or not? My Dh would like to do some fishing but wondering about bringing your own stuff. Does anyone know?
Thanks in advance

Mousy

Are you allowed to bring your own rod & reel or not? My Dh would like to do some fishing but wondering about bringing your own stuff. Does anyone know?
Thanks in advance

Mousy

There is no fishing allowed at the docks at FW. Bank fishing is allowed at the canals, the pond by the Meadows and Bay lake.

I saw on wdwinfo that there is some dock fishing available... it says

Cane Pole Fishing
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside from 7:00am - 3:00pm
Family plan for up to 6 guests: $13.32 per 30 minutes
Per person up to 30 minutes: $4.02
Pole, bait and dock time included
Last poles out at 2:30pm
Disney Ft. Wilderness Resort & Campground from 9:00am - 5:00pm
All day casting rod: $9.52
30 minute cane pole: $4.00
30 minute casting pole: $5.50
All day cane pole: $8.86
Worms & Wigglers: $3.68
Night crawlers: $3.89
Call the Resort Recreation Reservation Center at (407) WDW-BASS (407-939-2277) for exact equipment rental times and additional information

I was just wondering if you had to rent their stuff or you can bring your own.

Mousy

You can bring you own equipment but they run you of the dock at settlement at 7 am They will let you fish from the beach on the rental center side of the dock. The small dock at the meadows is open all day. The Bridge at the meadows area is off limits to fishing. Per the Security guy (Mean Gene)

You can bring you own equipment but they run you of the dock at settlement at 7 am They will let you fish from the beach on the rental center side of the dock. The small dock at the meadows is open all day. The Bridge at the meadows area is off limits to fishing. Per the Security guy (Mean Gene)

Thank you so much.. that helps!

Mousy

I was there in oct we stayed 15 days fished 3-4 days maybe i just had bad luck but all i got was some blue gills in the canal while using bread balls i fished the meadows pond using rubber worms,spinner baits,buzz baits,shallow crank baits,top water plugs,and even tried a float and fly nothing seemed to work i have in the past caught bass in the back section of bay lake behind the 300 loop by the canal but nothing to talk about this trip well there's always next trip

Absolutely, by all means bring your own equipment.
Ditto on what Al and Jeff said.
Fish'n is fish'n, can be a real crap shoot,,we fish often at the Fort,,times we have caught real well, other times not so well.

Bring a big choice of lures and plastics.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter