I see no sense in a small GFV purchase

There will be no new pool for GFV, there is expansion at the existing pool with a kids slash area and expansion of the food offered at that pool.

But no separate new pool for GFV.

Well then it must be getting its own quiet pool and hot tub as well as a fitness center I guess.

Well.....

GFV is getting a super nice new kids water play area, and use of the two GF pools - Similar to the arrangement of BCV and VWL with their host hotels.

Fitness center.....VWL shares the fitness center with the WL, does not have its own. GFV will also share the fitness center with GF at the spa.

My post was not meant as a put down of VWL, just stating the facts. VWL has no amenities of its own, except for a quiet pool. No restaurants, no activities, no lounges.......the resort shares or uses all the amenities of Wilderness Lodge, including check-in.

tomandrobin said:
Well.....

GFV is getting a super nice new kids water play area, and use of the two GF pools - Similar to the arrangement of BCV and VWL with their host hotels.

Fitness center.....VWL shares the fitness center with the WL, does not have its own. GFV will also share the fitness center with GF at the spa.

My post was not meant as a put down of VWL, just stating the facts. VWL has no amenities of its own, except for a quiet pool. No restaurants, no activities, no lounges.......the resort shares or uses all the amenities of Wilderness Lodge, including check-in.

VWL has its own fitness center in the Villas. Not shared with WL. Also, VWL does have its own quiet pool. Is GF getting a quiet pool?

BWV Dreamin said:
VWL has its own fitness center in the Villas. Not shared with WL. Also, VWL does have its own quiet pool. Is GF getting a quiet pool?

Also VWL has its own hot tub next to the quiet pool. VWL does not share everything.

Hope, this is from the Disney website.....

Services and Amenities at Disney's Wilderness Lodge

Sturdy Branches Health Club

Sturdy Branches Health Club is located off the lobby area for The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge.

The latest in fitness equipment is included in the cardiovascular room with treadmills, ellipticals, bicycles (regular and recumbent) and stair climbers. The weight room includes weight machines and free weights. End a workout in the sauna.

So as you can see, the Fitness Center is shared between WL and VWL. This information can easily be found on this website.
http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/wildlodge.htm

And as to your other question, VGF is getting a kids water play area with slides and all. no its not a quiet pool, but VWL doesn't have an interactive water play area. Looks like a draw to me, both has its own water feature.

lucyem said:
The concierge option is the only reason we might consider it. I do expect prices to be too high.

Please please everyone run and buy points at VGF so I can actually get a CL room at AKV when I want it. I prefer my home resort. The wines and hummus are totally worth it!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards. Please excuse the typos.

Also VWL has its own hot tub next to the quiet pool. VWL does not share everything.

Yes it does.....

Hope, you have known me for a long time. You also know there are only a few people that know the resorts and DVC better then me.

Where is the shops?
Where is the Food?
Where is check-in?
Where is bell services?
Where is the Feature Pool?
Where is the community center?

I can go on and on.....I did not respond to this thread as a VWL of bash, so please try not to make it one.

Getting back on topic.....The Grand Floridian Villa building is not going to be offering anything special. It will share pools with Grand Floridian, share fitness center, share check-in and have no restaurants. It will have a big open lobby, off the covered porch and that is about it. The exception will be if Disney makes a design change from the drawings I have seen. Of course, they did make changes to BLT before it was opened, so you never know.

Also, I wanted to note.....I think (but I don't know as a fact) that the existing pool is going to be turned over to the GFV. So the new villas will have a pool complex similar to the new Paddock Pool area at Saratoga Springs.

Please please everyone run and buy points at VGF so I can actually get a CL room at AKV when I want it. I prefer my home resort. The wines and hummus are totally worth it!

Mmmmmm......Let's not forget the breads.

The GFV resort is fairly small and won't have much impact of AKV home resort reservations.

tomandrobin said:
Mmmmmm......Let's not forget the breads.

The GFV resort is fairly small and won't have much impact of AKV home resort reservations.

I'm hoping VGF will have a Club Level so everyone will want to book those rooms and not the AKV CL rooms.

I'm hoping VGF will have a Club Level so everyone will want to book those rooms and not the AKV CL rooms.

Honestly, I was hoping so too. I did not see it.

Maybe if they take over some of the hotel operations, like AK Jambo we'll get it.

Well.....

Well yea that's all true, but that's not what you said before. You said the building would have no amenities similar to VWL. VWL has a fitness center in the building, said nothing about sharing anything. And it also has it's own pool and hot tub which I would consider amenities there as well.

I guess BWV has no amenities at all since BWI shares everything. Same with AKV?

Also, I wanted to note.....I think (but I don't know as a fact) that the existing pool is going to be turned over to the GFV. So the new villas will have a pool complex similar to the new Paddock Pool area at Saratoga Springs.

Well that would be great for us DVCers, but you actually heard the main pool with the zero entry and slide will closed to GF guests?

Well yea that's all true, but that's not what you said before. You said the building would have no amenities similar to VWL. VWL has a fitness center in the building, said nothing about sharing anything. And it also has it's own pool and hot tub which I would consider amenities there as well.

I guess BWV has no amenities at all since BWI shares everything. Same with AKV?

Jade1......Stop turning this into a VWL bash thread. Facts are facts, VWL is an add-on to WL and was not given any amenities of its own, except for a quiet pool area.

http://cls.cdn-hotels.com/hotels/1000000/20000/16900/16882/16882_40_b.jpg

VWL has a fitness center built to be shared with WL, again a fact. You are more then welcome to find proof to dispute that claim. The Fitness center at Grand Floridian will be shared with the GFV, located directly in front of the new building.

And for the record, BWV and BWI were purpose designed and built to share everything. Its the only DVC and Disney Hotel designed this way until Aulani Resort was built.

Well that would be great for us DVCers, but you actually heard the main pool with the zero entry and slide will closed to GF guests?

Not exactly sure what you mean....

I think you are suggesting that the new kids area and renovated pool is to be closed to GF Hotel guests?

If that is what you mean, I do not know. Until the POS is released, no one really knows all the details of Grand Floridian Villas.

Does anyone know when VGF are going to start selling? So curious.

My two cents for what it's worth. We stayed at the GF for the first time in April and loved it, even the kids. Will I buy there? No. To me, the amount of money vs. the points that I can afford would not be worth it unless they are running one heck of a deal. I would rather start saving and hopefully buy in California if they ever expand. We are using some of our points next year to stay a week in VGC. We loved Disneyland too, and would like the option to own. Having said all that, every family is different and to each their own!:thumbsup2

Jade1......Stop turning this into a VWL bash thread. Facts are facts, VWL is an add-on to WL and was not given any amenities of its own, except for a quiet pool area.

http://cls.cdn-hotels.com/hotels/1000000/20000/16900/16882/16882_40_b.jpg

VWL has a fitness center built to be shared with WL, again a fact. You are more then welcome to find proof to dispute that claim. The Fitness center at Grand Floridian will be shared with the GFV, located directly in front of the new building.

And for the record, BWV and BWI were purpose designed and built to share everything. Its the only DVC and Disney Hotel designed this way until Aulani Resort was built.

For the record I can't wait for GFV with whatever amenities, but VWL has different amenities for folks looking for accurate info on comparing resorts for small purchases.

What "fact" did I have wrong? :confused3 Now you are even saying "except for a quiet pool area". When your original post says "NO AMENITIES"

VWL is an add-on to WL and was not given any amenities of its own, except for a quiet pool area.

I am only justifying my response to your post:

"The new building is going to be pretty plain, similar to VWL - no amenities."

If a reply to that post saying the VWL building has a fitness center in it and that is an amenity (as well as a quiet pool and hot tub) is not a fact-then you are welcome to find proof to dispute this claim.

Later adding you meant an amenity doesn't count if it is shared, certainly does change things-but again, that was after your post was challenged.

There is a difference in making this a VWL bash (something you did-not me) and pointing out something erroneous in a post.

How about:

The new building is going to be pretty plain, similar to VWL - except VWL has a fitness center, quiet pool and hot tub that are shared with WL, and GFV will have a super nice new kids play area shared with GF, and GFV guests can use the GF fitness club and pools.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter