I see no sense in a small GFV purchase

I thought of a 50 point add on, but what will 50 pts do for me. Even with banking and borrowing I don't think 150 point will get me more than 3 nights in a 1 bedroom every three years. I am not a fan of split resort stays so that is not an option for me. I will throw the dice at the 7 month window.

have you consider a studio instead of a 1-bedroom - then for maybe 70 points you might be able to get a studio for 5 nights in value season

really don't want to buy at GF it is my least favorite of all the WDW resorts.

what I like for views - BLT has.

We did stay at the Sugar Loaf at the GF and loved it.
(It was a great CM discount.) Each time we go to WDW I still like to visit the GF. I love the shops, the restaurants, the lobby is beautiful
(afternoon entertainment is so enjoyable) and sometimes an Afternoon Tea
with my Daughter. Hoping the cost per point is not too expensive -
I want to buy there. Saving instead of adding on now.
My Husband thinks adding on now and taking a chance at 7 months is a better idea. Hope I win !

Personally I think the view will be better than VWL or BCV and as good as lake view at BLT. It should have a good view of the water parade as it passes by to go over to the Polynesian.

I think looking at the wedding chapel, the lagoon and the Polynesian would be a great view. I would not even mind looking at the main building as I find it architecturally beautiful.

Couldn't have said it better.

We are just excited to stay at a monorail resort. We stayed at BLT when it first opened. Not for us. If I wanted an ordinary hotel feel, I would have stayed off property.

have you consider a studio instead of a 1-bedroom - then for maybe 70 points you might be able to get a studio for 5 nights in value season

really don't want to buy at GF it is my least favorite of all the WDW resorts.

what I like for views - BLT has.
I agree with you here. :thumbsup2

Your 50 points would probably cost around $8000-$8500. Add on fees, and that's about $9500-$10,000 over the first 6 years, during which time you'll get 6 nights. So one night per year, at a cost of about $1600 per night.

What a swinging deal.

Course if you sell it after 6 years for $10,000-you got paid to stay there. ;)

Your 50 points would probably cost around $8000-$8500. Add on fees, and that's about $9500-$10,000 over the first 6 years, during which time you'll get 6 nights. So one night per year, at a cost of about $1600 per night.

What a swinging deal.

Not too far off for what they currently charge for an outer building 1 bedroom suite at the GF. The 2012 rack rate ranges from $1170-1770 a night.

I will take the 1br Standard View at BWV's (in Adventure Season) at 20 points per night, over a Studio at GFV at possibly 18 points a night (BLT is 16 for SV). I travel with 3 kids, so space is more important to us. And, we will always take the 1br over a studio.

I doubt very much we will ever own there, and it really isn't anything that I am dying to do either. But, if I call or see availability online, I may just jump on it to try it out.

We're a bit back and forth on GFV. I can see maybe 50-100 points, depending on the price. Something like 6-7 nights every other year in a studio should be enough, atleast to start out with.

If we had extra cash I'd be dying to buy. We stayed at the gf for our wedding and got married at the wedding pavilion with our cake cutting on the terrace off the second floor of the gf lobby, followed by dinner at narcoossees and a grand 1 cruise. So for us, any of the views would be special and remind us of our wedding! We own at blt and can travel almost any time of the year (at least for a few more years until ds starts school) so I'm sure we will get to try vgf eventually! I was sure we'd never get to stay at bcv or bwv and in 3 1/2 yrs of owning dvc we've stayed at both, plus two trips to ssr, and three at our home resort of blt. Both bcv and bwv were booked well past the 7 mo mark too.

Since Disney has not released any details, we just don't know the details of the resort.

From what I have seen, the new building is not going to be offering much in extra amenities. Essentially a setup similar to Wilderness lodge - no check-in, no food, no service.......just rooms.

I have heard rumors of some existing hotels rooms being converted to DVC, similar to Jambo House......but for now, its just bus driver gossip.

Can some explain to me how DVC works if you own at 2 resorts. I own at bcv. If I bought at gf...how would banking/borrowing my bcv points help me stay at gf? I thought I would have to wait until the 7mo date to use my bcv points for a gf stay? But from reading this thread that doesn't seem correct.

Can some explain to me how DVC works if you own at 2 resorts. I own at bcv. If I bought at gf...how would banking/borrowing my bcv points help me stay at gf? I thought I would have to wait until the 7mo date to use my bcv points for a gf stay? But from reading this thread that doesn't seem correct.
You could use your BCV points (whether current, banked or borrowed) at GF at the 7-month window. If you want to book 11 months out, you would need GF points, either points you own or GF points you had transferred into your account from a GF owner. Owning at a particular resort does not give you the 11-month booking priority, having the right points does.

For those trying to picture the views in their minds... I made this mockup using Google Earth when the first rumors started about VGF (or is it GFV?) and this basic site plan was floating around the internet. There's a pool right there between the existing resort and the new construction. It might be nice if they expanded that pool to be shared. That would potentially offer water views (pool or lagoon) for the majority of villas, and standard views (parking lot and monorail track) for just a the rooms at the southwest end.

VGFonGoogleEarth.jpg

For those trying to picture the views in their minds... I made this mockup using Google Earth when the first rumors started about VGF (or is it GFV?) and this basic site plan was floating around the internet. There's a pool right there between the existing resort and the new construction. It might be nice if they expanded that pool to be shared. That would potentially offer water views (pool or lagoon) for the majority of villas, and standard views (parking lot and monorail track) for just a the rooms at the southwest end.

Since they are not building any pools for the Villas, only the kids water play feature, its pretty clear that the villas will be sharing that existing pool.

Since they are not building any pools for the Villas, only the kids water play feature, its pretty clear that the villas will be sharing that existing pool.

I guess I missed something about a water play feature (where would one find that info?). I assume that would be next to the existing pool? Even with that, I think they should expand/enlarge the existing pool to accomodate the extra number of guests.

Any other scoop on planned ammenities that you can point to?

Maybe I can answer my own question... I found this photo on DVC News labeled as the installation of a water play area.

b_800_600_0_1___images_stories_vgf_Construction_VGF_Aug12_21.jpg

Those construction walls appear to be in this area that I highlighted in yellow.... Is that existing pool still open during construction?
I've edited the image below after looking closer at some of the other DVC News photos and expanded where I think the construction walls are.

VGFWaterPlayArea.jpg

I guess I missed something about a water play feature (where would one find that info?). I assume that would be next to the existing pool? Even with that, I think they should expand/enlarge the existing pool to accomodate the extra number of guests.

Any other scoop on planned ammenities that you can point to?

The new building is going to be pretty plain, similar to VWL - no amenities.

If you own 100 points at BCV and 50 Points at GF you can bank and borrow to get the vacation you want.

Say you want a vacation thats 150 points a year. You will have that many points every year, but here is the best use of points.

Year 1.(2012) Stay at BCV 150 points. Use current BCV points (100 )and borrow 50 from Future(2013) Bank GF points(50 for 2012)

Year 2. (2013) Stay at GF 150 points. Use Banked(50 from 2012), Current(2013), and Future(2014). Bank BCV points (50 for 2013)

Year 3. (2014) Stay at BCV 150 points. Use banked (50 from 2013), and Current (100). GF points were borrowed into 2013.

This gives you your 11 month window each year.

The new building is going to be pretty plain, similar to VWL - no amenities.

Well then it must be getting its own quiet pool and hot tub as well as a fitness center I guess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter