I Saw Mommy Kissing Goofy Claus - Dec '09 - DAY ONE, FINALLY (2/20) - PG# 40

Here's another website that offers a pretty user-friendly basic Disney font: dafont.com. We should all share our scrapbook pages! It may be another fun way to pass the time til vaca!!

Ohhhh I love this idea a lot!!! I'm only on Day 3 (19 pages:scared1:) of an 11 day disney vaca! I better getting movin'!

I love this idea - feel free to semi-hijack my thread and post some pages here :) We've still got 116 days after all!

Hey Jen! Caught your reply to me over in LOVEMY3KIDDOS report and thought I'd come by and see your PTR!

I did a Minnie theme for my DD's 1st bday in July! Now I am trying to come up with a design for older DD's bday cake for our dinner at Park Fare. I know I want it to be Cinderella...

Cannot wait for our trip!!! See ya at the CBR in December!:santa:

Hey Jen! Caught your reply to me over in LOVEMY3KIDDOS report and thought I'd come by and see your PTR!

I did a Minnie theme for my DD's 1st bday in July! Now I am trying to come up with a design for older DD's bday cake for our dinner at Park Fare. I know I want it to be Cinderella...

Cannot wait for our trip!!! See ya at the CBR in December!:santa:

Thanks for stopping by! I CAN NOT WAIT either!!!

I wanted to say I'm in too!!!

Those invites are the cutest things ever!!!!!! I made something similar to that for the bedroom doors in my apt when I worked at Disney. They do take TONS of time so kudos to you!!!

All the ADRs look great!! Are you planning a late morning or early morning breakfast at Tusker House bc in early Dec, AK will closes by 5 from what I can remember working there so if you were planning B, L, and D there it might be a lot since the park closes at 5 :( unless it's EMH but if your up for a ton of food, I say go for it!!!!

I saw you questioned Teppan Edo. I had never eaten there before I worked at WDW and in the past year and 1/2 of working there, I've eaten there 6+ times and my Ddad has insisted on doing that as our Candlelight meal again this Dec. If you have ever been to the places where they cook in front of you (sorry the name begins with H, so I'm going to butcher it lol), it's similar to that. When I moved back, I went to 2 different Japanese places and they are all similar to Teppan Edo. I say go for it, the steak, chicken, and shrimp are all wonderful!!

I have not done the BBQ but I hear it's not too bad. I've done Hoop Dee Do and Spirit of Aloha and both of those were fab but no characters.

Hope that helps!!

Can't wait for more!!!

I wanted to say I'm in too!!!

Those invites are the cutest things ever!!!!!! I made something similar to that for the bedroom doors in my apt when I worked at Disney. They do take TONS of time so kudos to you!!!

All the ADRs look great!! Are you planning a late morning or early morning breakfast at Tusker House bc in early Dec, AK will closes by 5 from what I can remember working there so if you were planning B, L, and D there it might be a lot since the park closes at 5 :( unless it's EMH but if your up for a ton of food, I say go for it!!!!

I saw you questioned Teppan Edo. I had never eaten there before I worked at WDW and in the past year and 1/2 of working there, I've eaten there 6+ times and my Ddad has insisted on doing that as our Candlelight meal again this Dec. If you have ever been to the places where they cook in front of you (sorry the name begins with H, so I'm going to butcher it lol), it's similar to that. When I moved back, I went to 2 different Japanese places and they are all similar to Teppan Edo. I say go for it, the steak, chicken, and shrimp are all wonderful!!

I have not done the BBQ but I hear it's not too bad. I've done Hoop Dee Do and Spirit of Aloha and both of those were fab but no characters.

Hope that helps!!

Can't wait for more!!!

Thanks for the kudos on the invites! Next year I will pick something with a little less inensity. (I say that now, but we all know what will happen :lmao:)

I am hoping to either A- hit AK on an evening EMH or B- scratch one meal from our AK day and do MVMCP the day we do AK. COME ONE DECEMBER HOURS!!!

I too am going to butcher the spelling, I'm sure, but I think it is a Hibachi grill... I think we will end up giving it a try. As this is the first trip DF and I have taken were we get say in what we do and where we eat we have chosen the ones we have by pictures, allear.net menus and recommendations from the DIS. When we are there and can see the other restaurants we will keep a list of ones we would like to try next time!

Just wanted to stop by and see how you made out with the big storm this weekend?? I saw on our news that they were expecting 20 ft. waves on the Cape!! :scared1: Hope all is well!

*I had a 6th grade teacher who used to always say that - "Let's Mo Vaughn!" For anyone not in the Red Sox loop, he was a first baseman for the Sox in the 90's.*

Alright, so we have done:
- Cast of Characters
- Details of Madi's birthday
- Shared our CRAZY Disney Costumes (thanks girls :lmao:)
- Shared the goodies I have picked up for Madi's Birthday
- Showed off the Invites
- Discussed our ADR's hopes and dreams
- Every body got excited for being under 4 months!
- Decided to use my PTR as a scrap-share

SO... Let's go a head a MO VAUGHN!

Should We Do This or Should we Do That?
This question has been asked about a 101 things, at least it feels that way.
- Should we do Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party? Yes!
- Should we do the Candlelight Processional? Not this time, Madi's just too young.
- Should we rent a car to get to the airport, take the bus, spend the night before in Boston? This remains unanswered. I did have a friend offer to drive us at 4:00AM :scared1:, but I just can't trust that she'll follow through. We have reserved a rental car that we can pick up at home and then drop off at the airport, this is looking like it will be our least expensive option.
- Should we do Fantasmic? I think I am going to hold off on this one this time around. Again, I just can't see waiting in line for over an hour (even if we did the dining package) to see a show Madi could potentially be scared of.
- and don't get me started on the ADR "Should we/shouldn't we" 's!

Now We Gotta Do This!!!
~Magic Kingdom~
- Wishes
- Dumbo, Teacups, Philharmagic, it's a small world, Cinderella's Carousel,
- Get Madi's hair cut in Magic Kingdom (if anyone doesn't know, if you child gets their first haircut here they get special Mickey Ears that say "My First Haircut" and a certificate! I am so excited for this!!!)
- Mickey's Toon Town
- SpectroMagic
- Dreams Come True Parade

~Epcot~
- Illuminations
- Seas with Nemo
- Passport for Madi to collect signatures/stamps from each country
- Go INSIDE Spaceship Earth (I didn't get to do this when I went in 2006, never knew you could! I thought it was a giant hallow ball!)
- Find the various Santa's from around the world

~Hollywood Studios~
- Osborne Lights
- Honey, I Shrunk The Kids Movie Set
- Playhouse Disney LIVE!
- Block Party Bash

~Animal Kingdom~
- Kali River Rapids (by some act of God, Madi will grow an extra 3 inches between now and Dec so she can get on!)
- Mickey's Jingle Jungle Parade
- AK Safari
- Festival of the Lion King

Things We Hope To Do, But Won't Be Too Disappointed If We Don't
~Magic Kingdom~
- Country Bears, Peter Pan, Snow White, Magic Carpets, Pooh,
- Hall of Presidents
- The "Mountains," Pirates & Haunted Mansion are thing DF might like to do (thank you "Baby Swap" Program)

~Epcot~
- Ellen's Adventure
- Maelstrom
- Chinese Acrobats
- Miyuki (candy sculptor in Japan)
- I have read that in Germany you can get a custom blown-glass ornament, I'd like to see/get that
- Turtle Talk with Crush
- Pick your own Oyster/Pearl in Japan

~Hollywood Studios~
- Muppet Vision 3D
- Voyage of the Little Mermaid
- Beauty & The Beast Musical

~Animal Kingdom~
- It's Tough to be a Bug
- Nemo Musical (this is borderline "Must-Do")

~Out of the Parks~
- I'd like to get to Downtown Disney, but not a must!
- We'd like to see the decorations at the various Deluxe resorts & at the campgrounds

***WOOHOO - Just got interrupted by the UPS man!!! My Oriental Trading order just came in, along with Madi's gift from my Mom! :cool1:***

If there is anything that I should add or that I may have left out - please chime in! And soon I will be able to post our day-to-day plan. I'm crossing my fingers that hours are posted promptly on the 1st! Let's hope!

On a side note - we went to an outdoor (seaside) wedding Saturday and I was dumb and forgot my sunscreen :headache:. Now I didn't forget it, like forgot to bring it... I put it on Madi and neglected myself. My back is red, Red, RED :mad:! And today it is so painful and itchy... I just want it to hurry up and peel - this middle stage is what KILLS me! Sorry for griping, but no one is home to complain to, so I turn to you! :laughing:

Just wanted to stop by and see how you made out with the big storm this weekend?? I saw on our news that they were expecting 20 ft. waves on the Cape!! :scared1: Hope all is well!

Nothing much for us. We got some good rain Saturday night with some wind, but nothing bad! Sadly, a 7 year old girl was swept out to sea by a rouge wave in Maine. She was watching the waves with her family when her, a 12 year old sibling and an adult were swept out. The 12 year old and adult were rescued in time, sadly she was not. We had a wedding Saturday during the afternoon and luckily the rain held off for them :)

Another MUST DO - I have got to find Goofy dressed as Santa and LAY ONE ON HIM! :love2:

That way my title makes sense! This is my one TRUE goal for the trip :rotfl:

*I had a 6th grade teacher who used to always say that - "Let's Mo Vaughn!" For anyone not in the Red Sox loop, he was a first baseman for the Sox in the 90's.*

Alright, so we have done:
- Cast of Characters
- Details of Madi's birthday
- Shared our CRAZY Disney Costumes (thanks girls :lmao:)
- Shared the goodies I have picked up for Madi's Birthday
- Showed off the Invites
- Discussed our ADR's hopes and dreams
- Every body got excited for being under 4 months!
- Decided to use my PTR as a scrap-share

Should We Do This or Should we Do That?
This question has been asked about a 101 things, at least it feels that way.
- Should we do Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party? Yes!
- Should we do the Candlelight Processional? Not this time, Madi's just too young.
- Should we rent a car to get to the airport, take the bus, spend the night before in Boston? This remains unanswered. I did have a friend offer to drive us at 4:00AM :scared1:, but I just can't trust that she'll follow through. We have reserved a rental car that we can pick up at home and then drop off at the airport, this is looking like it will be our least expensive option.
- Should we do Fantasmic? I think I am going to hold off on this one this time around. Again, I just can't see waiting in line for over an hour (even if we did the dining package) to see a show Madi could potentially be scared of.
- and don't get me started on the ADR "Should we/shouldn't we" 's!

Now We Gotta Do This!!!
~Magic Kingdom~
- Wishes
- Get Madi's hair cut in Magic Kingdom (if anyone doesn't know, if you child gets their first haircut here they get special Mickey Ears that say "My First Haircut" and a certificate! I am so excited for this!!!)
- Mickey's Toon Town
- SpectroMagic

~Epcot~
- Illuminations
- Seas with Nemo
- Go INSIDE Spaceship Earth (I didn't get to do this when I went in 2006, never knew you could! I thought it was a giant hallow ball!)

~Hollywood Studios~
- Osborne Lights
- Playhouse Disney LIVE!
- Block Party Bash

~Animal Kingdom~
- Kali River Rapids (by some act of God, Madi will grow an extra 3 inches between now and Dec so she can get on!)
- AK Safari

~Magic Kingdom~
- Hall of Presidents
- The "Mountains," Pirates & Haunted Mansion are thing DF might like to do (thank you "Baby Swap" Program)

~Epcot~
- Ellen's Adventure
- Maelstrom
- Chinese Acrobats
- I have read that in Germany you can get a custom blown-glass ornament, I'd like to see/get that
- Turtle Talk with Crush

~Hollywood Studios~
- Muppet Vision 3D

~Animal Kingdom~
- It's Tough to be a Bug

~Out of the Parks~
- We'd like to see the decorations at the various Deluxe resorts & at the campgrounds

***WOOHOO - Just got interrupted by the UPS man!!! My Oriental Trading order just came in, along with Madi's gift from my Mom! :cool1:***

If there is anything that I should add or that I may have left out - please chime in! And soon I will be able to post our day-to-day plan. I'm crossing my fingers that hours are posted promptly on the 1st! Let's hope!

On a side note - we went to an outdoor (seaside) wedding Saturday and I was dumb and forgot my sunscreen :headache:. Now I didn't forget it, like forgot to bring it... I put it on Madi and neglected myself. My back is red, Red, RED :mad:! And today it is so painful and itchy... I just want it to hurry up and peel - this middle stage is what KILLS me! Sorry for griping, but no one is home to complain to, so I turn to you! :laughing:

Your plans look good for a 2 year old! She's going to love Playhouse Disney and seeing Mimmie and Ickey! DS was 9 months old when we saw this and he would not stop dancing :banana:

It all looks great! You should be able to get all that done at a nice pace for a little one...not too fast, not too slow! Can't wait to solidify plans with hours! I called again tonight and they said there is still nothing showing in their system for hours yet :sad2: I NEED THE HOURS! Then, when we can nail it all down, we can try to make a meeting plan! :cool1: BTW, glad you were not effected by this weekend's storm. I saw the story about that little girl on Good Morning America. Very sad.

Your plans look good for a 2 year old! She's going to love Playhouse Disney and seeing Mimmie and Ickey! DS was 9 months old when we saw this and he would not stop dancing :banana:

I am looking forward to making this a very toddler friendly adventure. I am really going to have to resist the urge to want (or feel the need) to do it all!

It all looks great! You should be able to get all that done at a nice pace for a little one...not too fast, not too slow! Can't wait to solidify plans with hours! I called again tonight and they said there is still nothing showing in their system for hours yet :sad2: I NEED THE HOURS! Then, when we can nail it all down, we can try to make a meeting plan! :cool1: BTW, glad you were not effected by this weekend's storm. I saw the story about that little girl on Good Morning America. Very sad.

Come on December hours!!! Any luck getting the hours from a CM?

Over here! Love those birthday invites--they are beautiful!
Welcome aboard! Thanks! The part is just over a week away - which means I am SOOOOO close to my ADR day!

FUNNY HOW THINGS LIKE THAT STICK WITH YOU FOR LIFE!!!!

Now We Gotta Do This!!!
~Magic Kingdom~
- Wishes
- Mickey's Toon Town
- SpectroMagic

~Epcot~
- Illuminations
- Seas with Nemo

~Hollywood Studios~
- Osborne Lights
- Playhouse Disney LIVE!
- Block Party Bash

~Animal Kingdom~
- AK Safari

~Magic Kingdom~
- Hall of Presidents

~Epcot~
- Ellen's Adventure
- Maelstrom
- Chinese Acrobats
- Turtle Talk with Crush

~Hollywood Studios~
- Muppet Vision 3D

~Animal Kingdom~
- It's Tough to be a Bug

~Out of the Parks~

Ashton loved the TOY store (so did I :laughing: )
can't wait to hear you're report on this if you are able to do this!!!!
remember I'm a year behind you!!!!

[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Oh man! I haven't been sunburn in a while but it sure brings up memories! I hate that stage and I always buy a peel to put on when it starts peeling to peel it off quicker!

Ashton loved Pooh we had to do it three times!
if you can and you make the EMH @ HS go do the Playhouse Disney Dance party
Ashton LOVED IT! they have bubbles, characters to dance with, and balloon animals for the kids!!! It was great!

everything looks like a well thought out plan
sorry I"ve been MIA; don't know what happened (how I missed you:confused3 ) I have been on the boards but didn't notice any postings until today!
Have a great one!
:wave:

Oh man! I haven't been sunburn in a while but it sure brings up memories! I hate that stage and I always buy a peel to put on when it starts peeling to peel it off quicker!

Ashton loved Pooh we had to do it three times!
if you can and you make the EMH @ HS go do the Playhouse Disney Dance party
Ashton LOVED IT! they have bubbles, characters to dance with, and balloon animals for the kids!!! It was great!

everything looks like a well thought out plan
sorry I"ve been MIA; don't know what happened (how I missed you:confused3 ) I have been on the boards but didn't notice any postings until today!
Have a great one!
:wave:

We are hoping for a few Deluxe Resort ADR's so we'll be sure to check out a couple, I'll have a full report upon our return!

Madi's not big on Winnie the Pooh, so I am curious to see her reaction. And what is this Dance Party? Evening or morning EMH?

You will have to tell all about CBR, as I plan to take dd7 in June for an early bday gift!

I will be sure to come back with pictures and opinions galore!

hey there- i made it over and have subbed. really loving the r eport so far and WOW on the bday cards, those are awesome. My cousin is an avid card maker and goes on weekend scrap/card retreats. but i just don't have time, although I'd love to do those. I can't wait to see pics of the party, you must post them up afterwards!

okay and i had a big laugh when i saw the trading of 'smutty halloween' costumes. too funny :lmao::rotfl2: we've all been there, huh? so i thought i would contribute mine to the pot too- so you don';t feel so alone! we can all have a good laugh. and i ain't no spring chicken now- i am 35 and heck, i wore tinkerbell just like 4 years ago! What was i thinking??? lol DS would be so embarrassed if he were a bit older. i won't even show him the playboy bunny year. ouch!
ry%3D400

and yet another- little red riding hood this time and my 6'2 best friend! i am 5'9 and look like a midget next to her!
ry%3D400

exwdwcm - there most certainly will be plenty of birthday pictures to follow!!! And thanks for sharing your "smut" :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter