I Saw Mommy Kissing Goofy Claus - Dec '09 - DAY ONE, FINALLY (2/20) - PG# 40

I'm Here! I haven't totally fallen off the face of the Earth... hoping to get this report rolling some time this week... Stand By!!!

:thumbsup2can't wait to hear how it went. i know it is crazy coming back with the holidays and new year and all that. i have my TR started in the sig link below. looking forward to reading yours!

HERE YE'! HERE YE'! READ ALL ABOUT IT... or see a lot about it anyways! I regret to inform you all that I will not be doing a full blown trip report, but I will gladly take you down a little road I like to call Memory Lane.

So hop on board, I will be back either in a few hours or sometime this evening with some notes and pics from departure day, Sunday, Dec 6, 2009!

Hopefully I've still got some readers, sorry for the delay!

HERE YE'! HERE YE'! READ ALL ABOUT IT... or see a lot about it anyways! I regret to inform you all that I will not be doing a full blown trip report, but I will gladly take you down a little road I like to call Memory Lane.

So hop on board, I will be back either in a few hours or sometime this evening with some notes and pics from departure day, Sunday, Dec 6, 2009!

Hopefully I've still got some readers, sorry for the delay!

YAY!!:dance3: Im still here, girl!!!:goodvibes

Got the day one pictures uploaded and as soon as it finished - BOOM - computer shuts down and I have been infected with some kind of virus! Oy! Took me a few days to remedy it on my own ( :woohoo: ) - Now we are back in business and I will take you all down Day One Memory Lane!

I apologize again for the delay in getting this report rolling... but alas - let's go! Also, keep in mind this is going to be coming from memories brought up through pictures, but I think you'll all enjoy it - I sure know we did! :goodvibes

Our adventure starts with the drama surrounding who we were going to leave at our condo while we were gone... no one is the answer. Two friends bailed, pretty much last minute, o-bl-dee, o-bla-da - life goes on! So Saturday night I call the cab company and ask for a 2:45 (AM :eek: ) pick up and we head to bed around 9 or 10PM. The bells of the alarm come much too soon! Eww... 2:30! WAIT, I'll be on Disney soil in just over 8 hours!!!

2:45, Shamus takes the luggage out and meets the cabbie... in the snow! :sad2:

3:00, Cabbie pulls up to the bus station and I ask if we can wait in the cab until the bus opens his doors - "Sorry, I'm off duty. You were my last job." Translation: "Get your $#!t and go stand under that sorry excuse of a covering and wait for your bus with your little baby in your arms." You sir are an @$$hole and will be getting no tip... So we stand under the covering for a few too many minutes and are finally able to get on the bus. Madi does not sleep AT all on the bus, must have been that cold blast of air she had to withstand... We get to the airport with no issues, hang out in the terminal and wait, wait, wait.

7:15, we're on tha plane and ready to go... but Delta and Boston and the weather gods had other plans... time to de-ice! Running a few minutes behind and we are off!

(FIRST PICTURE - YAY! :cool1: )
IMG_1937.jpg

Madi is all set up with her "Movie Jack" (Nightmare Before Christmas)! Notice her harness - HIGHLY recommend for anyone traveling with an antsy toddler and not bringing along the carseat. I "rented" mine from a woman on ebay, if anyone is interested I will gladly share info!

IMG_1941.jpg

Getting close and getting antsy!!!

This concludes travel, coming up next - HELLLLLLLLLLO Caribbean Beach!

After a quick, uneventful flight (other than the de-icing) and a not too long wait in the Magic Express line - we were off!!! And headed to our home away from home, Caribbean Beach! We checked in with out any issues and got our info, room assignment and buttons. I had requested Aruba 51 or Jamaica 45, he got Jamaica 4358, I was a little disappointed as I was hoping to be closer to the bridge, but this spot ended up being a great one. We were right across from the bus stop and the walk to OPR was a breeze!

IMG_1950.jpg

A new friend, waiting for us! (I think we left with a total of 8 (!!!) towel buddies!)

IMG_1952.jpg

Checking out the double sinks!

IMG_1955.jpg

We walked over to OPR before hitting the parks to see what was to be seen and I tried to walk past this, but Madi saw it and needed to check it out!

IMG_1957.jpg

Madi's first Disney ride?

IMG_1958.jpg

The bridge to Caribbean Cay and Old Port Royale

IMG_1959.jpg

Jamaica from the Caribbean Cay bridge

IMG_1960.jpg

Got scraps?

This concludes our day one adventures of CBR, up next - HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS!!!

After checking out OPR, and grabbing a bite in the food court, we headed to Hollywood Studios, and we arrived just in time for a parade - and got a front row spot at the beginning of Hollywood Blvd.

IMG_1963.jpg

How happy is this cop? Don't you just want to hug him!

IMG_1972.jpg

TOY STORY!!!

IMG_1978.jpg

I was sitting on the ground in front of the stroller and I looked behind at Madilynn and just went and got all teary eyed. This moment, this picture, this feeling - made the trip worth every penny spent. She was in awe and she was in LOVE! :love: I've created a monster - WOO HOO!!! :cool1: <--- this is Madi's favorite Smile, you should see her try to imitate it!

If you remember from the PTR, I threw caution (and my plans) to the wind and we were at Disney "winging it!" After the parade we decided to head over to the Animation Studios and see who we could find.

Image0002.jpg

She still talks about "Mickey bite Madilynn's finger!"

Image0005.jpg

Love! :lovestruc

IMG_1999.jpg

Photopass "lost" this picture, glad I got one, even if it's not great...

IMG_2000.jpg

Another "lost" picture, we "had" one of the three of us with them... oh well!

We were off to explore some more... We checked out Muppets in 3D (Madi LOVED it!), had some snacks, rode Great American Movie Ride (I loved it! I wanted to jump ship at Munchkin Land and never leave!), shopped, ate at SciFi Dine In, and watched Osborne Lights. I wish someone had mentioned seating at SciFi. Parties of three are tough. Either someone is eating alone or you are cramped in to one row. We opted to cram in to one row... and we didn't even get picture. Oh well! We were pretty tired and headed back to CBR around 8PM I think.

IMG_2004.jpg

IMG_2005.jpg

Pixar Place, thought these were cute!

IMG_2006.jpg

Had fun with this one!

IMG_2007.jpg

Watch out below!

IMG_2012.jpg

MOST AMAZING SNACK EVER!!!!!!!! I think the name of the little shop/snack place was called Writers Block. I will be going back for one next time! It was called the Carrot Cake Cookie! YUM YUM YUMMMM-O! :worship:

IMG_2059.jpg

Window Display on Hollywood Blvd. I would like one of these please!

IMG_2063.jpg

Osborne Lights! :dance3:

IMG_2078.jpg

I would also really like it if someone could come and make one of these for my yard. Thanks in advance! :thumbsup2

So day one was a blast, we were happy, excited and ready for more... but sleep was needed first, and it came easily! Tomorrow was our first Magic Kingdom day and the day Madilynn's life would be forever changed - TEASER: she rides the ride that will forever be her favorite! Also, a mini DISmeet and a parade worth skipping... IMO!

After checking out OPR, and grabbing a bite in the food court, we headed to Hollywood Studios, and we arrived just in time for a parade - and got a front row spot at the beginning of Hollywood Blvd.

IMG_1963.jpg

How happy is this cop? Don't you just want to hug him!
!

hOW funny, that is the same streetmosphere cop that we ran into and got a great pic with- he was 'undercover in a trash can' and Will is obsessed with trash cans!

ry%3D400

Love the carrot cake cookie too- looks delish! that is a cool setup for hte plane too- i think we might just trying to use the 'booster' seat version of the car seat for the next trip in Dec. Lugging around that huge car seat was a nightmare- what a great solution you found. problem is, we usually rent a car, so need some sort of car seat for that.

can't wait to see more!!!!

Great day one! Thanks for sharing! Madi is so cute; I love the wonderment in her eyes!
looks like you guys had a great day!
and that carrot cake cookie thingy looks delish!
:wave2:

Thanks for sharing all the info!!! Its been very helpful to me...we're going this year for Christmas so I'm trying to read all the trip reports that I can...to get an idea of how crowded the parks are, what I don't want to miss seeing, what I think my 2 1/2 yr old will be able to handle, etc!!!

I also loved the parts of your pre-trip report...the invitations you made looked awesome! I loved the tree count-down you made...great idea...I have a bunch of those paint samples from Home Depot for my son's scrapbook! And I loved the outfits you bought for everyone...I'm planning a trip to our Disney Store Outlet to see what I can find!

Thanks for sharing everything...looks like you had a great trip!!!

Oh, one question for you...we're staying at CBR and I was considering a preferred room (they put you in either Martinique or Trinidad North) but I've heard other people request Jamaica or Aruba...what do you think??? I'm just worried because my DH likes to come back to the resort & either nap or watch tv...but I like to take my DS to the gift shop, pool, arcade, to eat, etc while DH naps/watches tv. I was worried about walking clear from Jamaica or Aruba with a 2 yr old by myself...any thoughts??? My other point of view is that it may be too loud to stay in Martinique or Trinidad North since it IS so close to Old Port...not sure what to do! lol I'd appreciate any advice!

YAY! for starting your trip report!! :woohoo:

Sounds like you packed in quite a bit so far. I never did see the parade in DHS and I don't think I'm going to DHS this trip (or not, I don't know yet..).

I'm looking forward to more TR! popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter