I refuse to play VMK because I have problems with it(ranty rant rant!)

TheOtherVillainess

Luminous beings we are, not this crude matter.....
I tried registering with my own email address (xxx@hotmail.com..not my real address) but it said somebody already had. Which is funny. I wonder who it was who used MY address?

So then I made up a fake address (theothervillainess@theothervillainess.com) and that seemed to go fine, except every time I tried to launch the game, it would come up with a system error. :mad:

So, in order to figure out what was going on, I went to the little pop up where you're supposed to ask for help, but when I type in my info, it says I don't exist. :mad:

So I don't think I'll be playing VMK anytime soon, even though I'm sure it's quite fun. It's too much of a hassle for me to try and get into the game, which annoys the living foofoo outta me.

TOV

Hiya,

Sorry to hear you were having such trouble with it.

The first time I went and tried to register it said the same thing to me, that someone else had used that email address. Well I thought that was nonsense as how could someone have used that?? but I went ahead and used another of my addresses and got in fine.....

But recently I figured it out!! If you are already registered with disney.com or one of their websites you don't need to register for VMK, just sign in using your email address and disney.com password and you will be away :) The person who has already used your email address - is you!

HTH,
Gaspodé

Gaspode said:
But recently I figured it out!! If you are already registered with disney.com or one of their websites you don't need to register for VMK, just sign in using your email address and disney.com password and you will be away :) The person who has already used your email address - is you!

HTH,
Gaspodé

I just figured that out last night too :blush: I was getting so mad because I couldnt get registered and then it hit me lol. So now Im in and trying to figure it all out :Pinkbounc

ksjayhawkfan said:
I just figured that out last night too :blush: I was getting so mad because I couldnt get registered and then it hit me lol. So now Im in and trying to figure it all out :Pinkbounc

lol, I've been playing for ages before I figured it out.... now they've agreed a name for me and everything so instead of restarting with my original Disney.com login Im sticking with the one I've got and using my disney.com login to register a new character whilst in WDW :)

I think they should put a note on the registration screen explaining you can use your disney.com login :)

Good luck with it all, its a lot of fun! PM me if you get stuck on anything,
Gaspodé

Thanks :) I havent been able to play yet, because it closed on me and Im waiting for it to open! Looks very fun though.

perhaps the problem is you already have a 'go' account and don't realize it. If you are registered on disney.com, abc.com espn.com and a few others than maybe thats the problem. You are already registered and you should put that password as the password when you try to enter VMK.

Try and login with your email address and your disney.com password and you might be VMKing with the rest of us. Good Luck!

I had this problem, forgot I had a Disney.com account and could not register. I finally figured it out. lol

Well, it seems I can log on with my proper email addy and password now that I would use for anything else at Disney.com, but every time I try to load the game, it says there is a problem and needs to 'relaunch' the game. I'm guessing this is because I have dialup and not DSL or broadband or cable. :sad:

TOV

TheOtherVillainess said:
Well, it seems I can log on with my proper email addy and password now that I would use for anything else at Disney.com, but every time I try to load the game, it says there is a problem and needs to 'relaunch' the game. I'm guessing this is because I have dialup and not DSL or broadband or cable. :sad:

TOV

The game does not work well on dialup. Mal has the same problem. Sorry :(

I guess I won't be playing then, though it sounds like a lot of fun. :sad1: Total bummer.

TOV

I'm guessing this is because I have dialup and not DSL or broadband or cable.

I have DSL and it doesn't work for me either. I have tried at work and home. The HELP section doesn't even work. It keeps telling me my information doesn't match. I can't even ask them a question without it messing up.

Sandra

But recently I figured it out!! If you are already registered with disney.com or one of their websites you don't need to register for VMK, just sign in using your email address and disney.com password and you will be away The person who has already used your email address - is you!

I was going to post this but you beat me to it! Took me a few days to figure this one out also. LOL

hope you get on and playing soon.

As far as logging in goes I have to keep rentering at the sign on screen it usually takes at least 3 attempts before I can get into the game.

Mal

Hey There

I am running on cable modem, and have no speed issues whatsoever. However, when trying to load up VMK, I get a VMK logo followed by a black screen that won't go away.

I've rebooted.

I've cleared cache.

I've cleared cookies.

Any suggestions?

Tico

TicoTheSquirrel said:
Hey There

I am running on cable modem, and have no speed issues whatsoever. However, when trying to load up VMK, I get a VMK logo followed by a black screen that won't go away.

I've rebooted.

I've cleared cache.

I've cleared cookies.

Any suggestions?

Tico

Have you reinstalled Shockwave from scratch? That helped on one of my Macs.

TicoTheSquirrel said:
Hey There

I've rebooted.

I've cleared cache.

I've cleared cookies.

Any suggestions?

Tico

Keep trying to log in. I had trouble at first also. I was using Mozilla and it took forever for me to get it to work. Had to use IE for a long time.

I've probably done it about seven or eight times using IE .... Just a black screen. If Shockwave wasn't working, I never would have gotten that first logo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter