I really should know the amswer...

dcamdad

DIS Veteran
For some reason it's escaping me. Last December we invited some extended family that had never been to WDW and used all of our 2010 and 2011 points. Now DW wants to invite them again for October 2012 which will again use two years worth of our points for the number of villas we will need. With a December use year can I borrow from 2013 for an October 2012 trip?

I don't think so. An October 2012 trip takes place in your 2011 UY (which goes from December 2011-November 2012). For that trip, you can use any banked 2010 points, any current 2011 points, and you can borrow any 2012 points. You cannot use any 2013 points.

If you need points, you can always transfer them in from another member; you can also move the trip into your 2012 UY (from December 2012-November 2013). This would allow you to use 2012 points and borrow from 2013 if necessary.

That's what I thought. Now that they have experienced WDW for Christmas they want to do MNSSH. Either Santa needs to bring more points or they will have to wait for 2013.

I have always avoided adding on but with extended family now wanting to go and my own kids growing and wanting their own trips I think the add on bug might be biting.

That's what I thought. Now that they have experienced WDW for Christmas they want to do MNSSH. Either Santa needs to bring more points or they will have to wait for 2013.

I have always avoided adding on but with extended family now wanting to go and my own kids growing and wanting their own trips I think the add on bug might be biting.

me think it`s time for them to buy as well then
Paul

Sounds like time to give them this number: 1-407-WDISNEY. Time for the immediately family to start enjoying the points and let the relatives pay for their own vacations.

me think it`s time for them to buy as well then
Paul

Sounds like time to give them this number: 1-407-WDISNEY. Time for the immediately family to start enjoying the points and let the relatives pay for their own vacations.

I totally agree, let's just say and I hope DW isn't reading this, they seem to be "life" challenged when it comes to finances. I did promise her oldest brother, the only one I can tolerate that next time we go he was invited, the rest can fend for themselves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter