I *really* need some planning tips & advice from all of you more experienced DISer's!

Belladonna

Mouseketeer
Ok, so I’ve never booked a vacation as a package deal before, and honestly. I’m sort of confused!!

I think I’m getting a little overwhelmed because I don’t really understand some things… I’m thinking of booking my trip (late sept.) thru AAA. Will this only get me a room discount? I was under the impression that if I booked thru AAA I would get a room discount, but at the same time it would be possible to get the free dining. Or is it just one or the other?

I’m also trying to decide if the DDP is even worth it! DFi and I will be the only ones attending, and I don’t really know if purchasing the DDP is really worth it.. I mean, getting it for free would be fine with me, but is the AAA discount for the room better then getting the free DDP?

Also, I had a question about paying. If I go thru AAA, will I have to pay for everything at once? Can I make a monthly payment, or a few payments before I go? Or do I make a deposit, then pay off the whole thing at once at some other time?

I was also considering heading over to Liberty Travel to see if a travel agent could get me a better deal…

Oh, and one other thing (lol! Sorry guys!) If I am booking thru AAA, do I have to book *EVERYTHING* thru them? I was thinking about getting my tickets thru undercovertourist… But again, I don’t know if this will effect the free DDP thing?

I need you more experienced DISer’s help, please :idea:

I haven't heard if they will be offering free dining this year or not so I can't address that question.

You can either book a whole package or you can book just the room via AAA. (You will only get a discount on the room portion of packages.) When you book a pkg w/AAA, you will need to pay $200 up front. The remainder is due 45 before the trip. If you make changes or cancellations after the 45 day mark you are subject to fees.

To determine if the DDP is right for you, go to http://www.allearsnet.com/din/dining.htm

Decide what restaurants and meals you would be most interested in and write the prices down. Compare that to the cost of the DDP add-on. My family and I did this and determined that DDP was not worth it this time.

I hope that helps. :flower3:

If you really feel that free dining will be offered for the time you will be staying, book the package with AAA. You'll only get a discount on the room portion of the package, and it won't be very much, but it's better than nothing. You'll also get a chance to do the AAA storytelling and the diamond parking. If you book before disney offers free dining, you'll have to call AAA when it is offered to add it, and that can be a hassle depending on how good the AAA travel agents are. You do have to get tix with the package to qualify for the DDP (the tix can be as short as one day, but you do need to buy tix).

Other than the convinience of having everything booked at once, there's not a whole lot of benefit booking a package through AAA if there's not free dining. You can get the AAA room discount if you call Disney and book a room only rate. If UT can beat your local AAA rates for tickets you will probably spend less buying tix, rooms, and meals seperately. You miss out on the storytelling but save some $. I buy my tix through AAA anyway (my chapter's prices beat UT) and still get the diamond parking.

One prime benefit of booking through AAA is the ability to pair their discount with the DDP. If you book on your own, you can get the discount, but not the dining plan.

I also like the idea that AAA is in my corner should anything go wrong.

thanks for the advice, everyone :)

I'm just saying *if* the free dining is offered, I was wondering what I would have to do...

Free dining would definitly be a nice benefit for my trip, even if I do have to pay full price for the tickets -- I'm sure its not that big of a difference from UT. It will definitly out-weigh the cost of the food. :thumbsup2

I was wishing I did the dining plan last year.. Logan and I spent way more time eating then I thought we would --- There were so many yummy snacks, plus we tend to get hungry when we are really active.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter