Hanging up my running shoes

I swear I'll be back!!
giphy.gif

Things have been a little crazy at home and work lately - plus writing my trip report from Tink, but I promise eventually I'll be back!!!

DOING DOPEY POLYNESIAN STYLE!!
AND, OH YEAH, TRAINING BLAH BLAH BLAH
source.gif

I told you I'd be back!!!

firework%2Belsa%2B10.gif

I finally finished up my Tinkerbell trip report, so can start focusing back on the training journal and, more importantly, plans for our Dopey trip in January. YAY!!

First up, a new avatar to officially kick off my quest to complete Dopey.

(Also to screw up all of you who had just gotten used to my dying Tink avatar)

giphy.gif

The other very exciting news, is that we secured a reservation to stay at the Polynesian Resort for marathon weekend.

hotel-exterior.jpg

I'm so excited I can't stand it. I had been waiting to see rates and hoping for a military discount option to see if we could swing this (since there was no DVC availability), and @Waiting2goback had mentioned a travel agent with good Contemporary rates. So, after a quick PM conversation, I got in touch with the agent and not only did she had pretty good rates for Contemporary, but she also had Polynesian. Now, I paid more for Poly then Contempo, but I was happy with the rate regardless. It's still a crazy amount to pay for a hotel room, but we decided to splurge regardless. She also told us that if and when the military rates get renewed, she'd check those for us and if they are a better rate and there is availability she could switch it for us. WIN!!! I already have the reservation linked in my MDE, so now I just log into it periodically to see the confirmed reservation. LOL

I'm pretty stoked about the whole thing. Hope it's warm enough to try this pool out!

disneys-polynesian-resort-btm-img.jpg

Anyway, in the meantime now though, I have to actually, you know, train for the races. I've been in a major mental slump since returning for Tinkerbell weekend, so having a tough time getting back into it. We have been running, but I'll save the next organized training update for next week. We are doing our normal routine, but I've been slacking on strength and yoga and really need to get myself back on track. I've struggled on the last two long runs too because heat and humidity has arrived here, so that has me discouraged as well. I'm hoping with plans solidifying around Dopey, that will get me motivated again.

So, that's about it for now, but did need to share a picture here (as well as where I shared it on my Tink journal), this little beauty joined us a couple of weeks ago.

This is Rosie.

IMG_4160_zpsqaw5bu4r.jpg

She's a yorkie poo and a little sweetheart. We already love her so much. Although, I'd forgotten what a pain in the neck it is dealing with a puppy. :)

That's all for now, friends.

Woohoo for staying at the Poly!! :cool1:

and @Waiting2goback had mentioned a travel agent with good Contemporary rates. So, after a quick PM conversation, I got in touch with the agent and not only did she had pretty good rates for Contemporary, but she also had Polynesian. Now, I paid more for Poly then Contempo, but I was happy with the rate regardless.
I used her too! The rates were very good and I was so tempted to do the Poly but we are going to try the Contemporary this time.

And your avatar totally threw me, I was like who is posting this on ZellyB's journal?!

YAY for the Poly! SO happy you were able to reserve your hotel of choice... and that pool! :dance3:

And you are completely right about changing your avatar.. thanks :upsidedow

Have a great week of training and give that sweet Rosie a squeeze for me... She is precious! :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter