I need some planning help!

MaMudduck

Disney Princess Forever
Okay, my annual trip to WDW is planned. Oct 9-23/05 (Yes! 2 weeks this time :cool1: )

I have booked the 1st week at Silver Lake Resort- thank you, hockeymom
and the second week is for the Sheraton Vistana again (went last year it was great!)

From Oct 11-Oct 15 a friend of mine and 1 of her sons is going to join me for 4 days. Money is not a concern for her and wants to stay at one of the hotels with THE EASIEST transportation back from the parks. I suggested that she stay at Wilderness Lodge because of the boat back from the MK. She thinks she'd rather be on the monorail hotels. I had thought of the Contempory but I've read alot of bad stuff about the rooms (very dated and black mold in the bathrooms)
I have stayed at the Poly but that was many years ago, and my recent impression of it was that again it seemed very dated, don't know what the rooms are like.
My question to all of you is of those deluxe monorail places which do you think a mom and her 7 yr (hyper) son would like and why?

and is conceigre worth the price difference? (remember it's not really a money issue)

I think that the easiest transportation back from parks may be at the BW or BC area as you can walk or take boat from Epcot and MGM. It really depends on which park she plans on spending the most time in. While the MK resorts do have the monorail it is a long bus ride to Epcot or MGM and DTD requires a transfer at the dreaded TTC.

I would choose the Poly. My kids loved that volcano pool. I think the GF would be a bit to much for a hyper 7 yr old and for some reason I just don't like the Contemporary.

Looks like our days of great RFC meals are over :guilty:

Happy planning Wendy.

So, can you adopt me now!LOL

Yeah, I would also recommend an Epcot resort.

So is that over our Thanksgiving Weekend?

Scratch

Adopt me tooooo!!

I vote for wilderness lodge It's my fav!!...... stayed there last October and didn't have any troubles with transportation..... we had busses that went everywhere including DTD. Loved the boat ride over to MK too.

Gosh, are the decisions harder to make when money is no object??? ;) :)

If your friend wants a monorail hotel, and her DS is a MK fan, I'd go for the Poly. I'm sure he'd love the pool!! :) I've never tried their concierge, so I can't really comment on that, but what the heck, if she's paying, you might as well try it out! :)

If the MK isn't her DS's favourite park, I'd suggest an Epcot resort. It's so nice to have Epcot and MGM within easy walking distance. Lots of restaurants close by too! :)

Ok, so I guess we'll have to have a DISmeet!

I just booked for our Thanksgiving Weekend!

Right now at SSR but who knows!

See you there!

Scratch

Yes, Lauren & I are going Oct 8 or 9 which is the Sat/Sun of thanksgiving. My freind is showing up on Tues. Oct 11-Sat 15th.

Have you booked your flight yet? is this part of the cruise? I'll be in Missassauga this weekend if you want to meet up?

MaMudduck said:
Yes, Lauren & I are going Oct 8 or 9 which is the Sat/Sun of thanksgiving. My freind is showing up on Tues. Oct 11-Sat 15th.

Have you booked your flight yet? is this part of the cruise? I'll be in Missassauga this weekend if you want to meet up?

No Air booked as of yet.

Waited for the last of the "V" to be picked up before I called.

Want to leave Friday night to get the most of the weekend!LOL

We will be leaving the Tuesday and no cruise, that's in August. Want to get the most of my PAP's!

What day will you be in town?

Scratch
pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter