I need some advice on something

JCTigger

All it takes is faith and trust and a little bit o
So me and a few friends are going camping up in the lakes region of New Hampshire... We got a site that has water and electricity both of which im pretty excited for here my question since we will be going out during the day and most likely not coming back till after night fall I want to string a series of rope lights along the dining fly and set it on a timer to come on im kinda scared to do this because what if it rains wont it short it out and id like to put it on a power strip... im sure other people have done this any advice? I've never camped before where ive had access to electricity

Thanks
Jill

I put my lights on a timer. I uses a surge protector that is made for outdoors. I think I got it a Lowe's. If you use a regular surge protector put it up under you fly section to keep it dry.

We've started putting our lights on a timer too. We purchased our's at Lowes or Home Depot...but it was during Christmas time. It's the kind that sticks into the ground and has a few outlets on it. A plastic cover is over the timer part to protect it from weather. We use it at the fort and it works great!

I put my lights on a timer. I uses a surge protector that is made for outdoors. I think I got it a Lowe's. If you use a regular surge protector put it up under you fly section to keep it dry.

We've started putting our lights on a timer too. We purchased our's at Lowes or Home Depot...but it was during Christmas time. It's the kind that sticks into the ground and has a few outlets on it. A plastic cover is over the timer part to protect it from weather. We use it at the fort and it works great!

I agree, this is the way to go. We do this during Christmas as well.

Thanks everyone I'll go to Home Depot and pick that up! I figured that they made something like that and I never thought to just go to home depot and ask. I've never camped where I've had power and water... I'm hoping to hit the fort to tent camp in October so this trip will be my "make sure I have everything I need or else lets go to the local walmart and buy it trip"

Jill

I don't have any advise to offer..only that we love the lakes region of New Hampshire.:lovestruc We used to vacation close to North Conway, in the White Mountain area of NH. I think it is the most beautiful state. Especially in the fall..it's quite spectacular. Enjoy your trip.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!