I Need Reveal Ideas Please

bushdianee

<font color=green>I had a water fun day planned<br
My 2 sisters and I are taking our 9yo niece and 11 yo nephew to WDW in March over their Spring Break. Their parents are not going. They have been once before when they were 3 and 5. DNiece doesn't remember very much at all and DNephew only remembers some things. The last time their parents went and we gave them a box that had balloons, a toy plane, Disney back packs and Disney pjs in it. I want to do something different this time. I was thinking maybe a treasure hunt but can't think of what to put on the clues. We are going to tell them around Christmas as I want their input on fast passes and some of the fun of planning. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thank you.

My 2 sisters and I are taking our 9yo niece and 11 yo nephew to WDW in March over their Spring Break. Their parents are not going. They have been once before when they were 3 and 5. DNiece doesn't remember very much at all and DNephew only remembers some things. The last time their parents went and we gave them a box that had balloons, a toy plane, Disney back packs and Disney pjs in it. I want to do something different this time. I was thinking maybe a treasure hunt but can't think of what to put on the clues. We are going to tell them around Christmas as I want their input on fast passes and some of the fun of planning. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thank you.

This is the teacher in me, but just bare with me. :teacher: The treasure hunt is a Fab idea. Why don't you give them note cards with the letters of DISNEY spelled on individual cards.
For the D do dumbo or donald duck, the D in lower case. Make the D a different color from the other letters too. See if they start to put it together. Mix up the cards Give one the D card, the other the Y card. As odd is it may be for Y, use a Yeti! Hey! He's on Expedition Everest in AK! That might really throw them off! Have the letter Disney related items hidden somewhere in your home. pixiedust: Is this making sense. Maybe hand out one card at a time and let them work together. On the last thing you've hidden, tape a note with the date you're going to Disney. :hourglass. Finally....whew...see if your niece and nephew can put it all together! Just a suggestion! Good luck with whatever you decide! :flower3:

Last edited:
Our old method is longer available.
We would tell our niece we are going on vacation but did not say where. We ordered the WDW vacation DVD and took it along with a laptop onto the plane. We kept her busy at the airport gate and she did not know where the plane was heading. Our flight was a 4 hour flight. One hour into the flight we brought out the laptop and told her to watch the DVD. She lit up big time when she started watching the video realizing where we were going. Sadly Disney decided to cut costs and no longer send the DVD's.

Perhaps the online video can be saved to DVD but haven't checked to see what Disney has online now.

Our old method is longer available.
We would tell our niece we are going on vacation but did not say where. We ordered the WDW vacation DVD and took it along with a laptop onto the plane. We kept her busy at the airport gate and she did not know where the plane was heading. Our flight was a 4 hour flight. One hour into the flight we brought out the laptop and told her to watch the DVD. She lit up big time when she started watching the video realizing where we were going. Sadly Disney decided to cut costs and no longer send the DVD's.

Perhaps the online video can be saved to DVD but haven't checked to see what Disney has online now.
I suspect you could do a variation on the DVD reveal using youtube or similar. Send a link via email with an urgent notification to open it and done. Might not be able to open on the plan but surely could at the airport lounge.

What about having somebody send a signed postcard from Mickey or somebody in the mail inviting them? My TA did that for us.

We did a trivia game with Disney trivia, 5 envelopes I believe, that were hung on our Xmas tree. For each question he got right he won a small trinket or prize. For the last question, the prize was a stuffed Stitch (my son's favorite character) with a "magicband" collar. After seeing all of the commercials, specifically the ones telling you how the MBs worked by "making mickey turn green at the FP turnstiles", as soon as he saw Stitch, he figured out we had a trip to WDW in our future! Then we gave him an "official" trip package with letters from the applicable Disney characters for our ADRs, a general invitation from Mickey and Minnie, and other items he would need for his trip, including the character autograph book I had made for him. It went over really well.

We enjoy playing games in our family, so we have a ton of them. We played a bunch of quick games with our three (they were 10, 10, and 11 years old) for our second trip and reveal. Games like Uno, Tenzie and Spot It. Before calling the kids up for game time, I had printed “We are going to Florida Feb 23” on card stock, one letter per card. The winner of each little game got to draw a card. It didn’t take long for the kids to figure out the letters were going to spell something. When the last card was drawn, they got to work unscrambling the message. It was super fun and the excitement and joy when they figured it out is why we plan on doing another reveal for our third trip in February.

We're going to get pizza one night, and will have 2 boxes of pizza. Only one box won't have pizza in it, it will have disney t-shirts, books, fun stuff and a sign on the inside top of the pizza box saying when we're going!! Totally low-key but it will definitely surprise them!

**I'm also hoping i can convince a local pizza place to do a mickey shaped pizza :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter