I need help...

disneychik21

Mouseketeer
I am trying SOOOO hard to lose weight. I hit a roadblock when I got pneumonia and was told by be doctor not to work out. I was also put on prednisone which makes be hungry.

Now that I am getting better, I need to get back on track. What are your tips, tricks, advice, and everything else to get myself started for a successful journey?

Thanks for your help! I am so glad I found this group!

Glad to hear that you're feeling better! Pneumonia is no joke.

Since weight loss is achieved mostly through diet, I find the following helps:
1. Keep a food diary. I measured/weighed my food and tracked my macronutrients with MyFitnessPal for a full month to understand my eating patterns.
2. Don't starve yourself. Eat lots of fruits, veggies, lean meats or beans, and whole grains. Plan out meals / prepare foods in advance. Try new recipes! I am less likely to eat 'junk' or 'unhealthy' foods if I already have a set plan in place. I always have 'healthier' snacks like carrots, almonds, string cheese, fruit (oranges, bananas, apples), etc. on hand.
3. Eat all snacks and meals on time. I make poor eating decisions when I'm really hungry - I'll reach for anything.
4. If you fall off the bandwagon, remember that the most important part is to get back on again.

Good luck! I look forward to learning more tips and tricks from others here :)

The number one thing I can say is Have a plan for both diet and exercise, share that plan with others so they can help hold you accountable, and then stick to the plan. I think accountability is the most important thing for staying on track with any type of diet/exercise plan

:welcome: to WISH! glad you are recovered and feeling better! pred is no joke, the hunger is real hunger pains and the water retention doesn't help!

for me two things are key: food journaling and accountability. once I get in my exercise groove I can manage that. there are several threads of groups of WISHers to support and keep accountability, please feel free to join in on any of them, anytime! look around, I'm sure you'll find one with a common ground!

I'm so sorry to hear about your pneumonia, and admire your determination to go forward with your weight loss! What has really helped me lose my excess weight and maintain has been planning meals. I was a stress/emotional eater (but am less of one now!) and knowing what I was going to eat before I started my day was really crucial. It's also a tip that has really helped me maintain my diet in Disney! Best of luck to you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter