I need help!!

jaimee1024

Mouseketeer
Tonight my father in law came to visit from Florida (he lives near J'ville). He just lost his wife (my husband's stepmother) to cancer in February. When we spoke to him after her memorial service we said that we hoped he could spend some time with us at WDW while we are there in December. Well, tonight he told us that he would like to spend the whole week with us if we didn't mind. We are so happy that he wants to vacation with us. My daughter just adores him and we have never gotten to spend much time with him before. ANYWAY...I told him we were staying at the CBR and I would look into getting him the same package and hopefully and adjoining room. He told me to upgrade to a Deluxe Resort and he will pay the difference!!! :banana: That is going to be his Christmas present to us!! SO...what would you do? Those of you who have stayed at the Deluxe resorts...which one is best? And why? I am looking at Polynesian, Grand Floridian, and Boardwalk Inn...but if anyone has any suggestions I am open. Also...has anyone ever stayed in the Boardwalk villas? I don't know if that would be more or less expensive (a 2 bedroom villa) than two rooms at a deluxe. Any info will be much appreciated!

I don't have any personal experience staying at any of those resorts, but I think given the opportunity it would be awesome to stay at the Grand Floridian or Poly since it is on the monorail. I love the elegance of GF, but also the tropical feel of the Poly when we have gone in to visit or dine!

JMHO!

We love the Boardwalk Inn. A lovely resort in a fabulous location. You can walk or boat to both Epcot and the Disney Studios. A great many restaurants in the area. Check out the menus on allearsnet.com for the Boardwalk, Yacht Club, Beach Club, Swan and Dolphin.
For the Boardwalk Villas I suggest you go over to the DVC board for advice and ideas on how to rent points from a DVC member. Except for Friday and Saturday night stays the points during the rest of the week are a lot less money than going through Disney.

how old is your daughter????

is the MK going to be your main park? or Epcot?

then I would go with the Polyn. it has monrail transportation to the MK and you can walk over to the TTC and take the monrail to Epcot....

now if you are going to spend the majority of your time at AK - then I would consider AKL...

if you decide that the MK is your park - but you still want a 2-bedroom - then I would go with VWL.

all the WDW resorts have connecting (the rooms have a door between them) or adjoining - they are next to each other - or across from each other.

also one more thing to consider - are all your meals going to eaten out at restuarant or counter service - another reason to go with the POlyn...

if you or your husband intend to fix any meals I might really consider a 2-bedroom DVC resort. They are pretty nice!!!

Thank you everyone. Our daughter will be six when we go, so MK is definitely going to be our main park. We will probably spend half a day each at the other parks and several days at MK. So, I am leaning toward the Polynesian with two rooms. We don't really spend enough time with my FIL to feel comfortable sharing a room with him, but we also don't want anyone to have to sleep on a pull out sofa bed for a week. In addition, we are getting the dining plan and don't intend to cook while there, so we don't really need a villa (although I LOVE the look of the Boardwalk resort). Anyway...I think the monorail to MK is our biggest incentive and we like that fact that we can walk to the place where you pick up the monorail to Epcot at the Poly as well. So...as long is ok with my husband and FIL I think that's the way to go. I'll let you know what we decide! Thanks again for all your input!

we're fond of the Poly and your youngin would have a ball. Zero entry pool, lush landscape, winding torch lit walkways. The atmosphere is great at the Poly, we've stayed once at GF and its too broad, too upper class, too white too up scale for us. The Poly has a feel about it that you're in Hawaii in Mickey Mouses world, you're welcomed, greeted and waited on and the views from the beach are the best. Lights of the GF, MK, and CR resort, the EWP and fireworks are second to none and the many different ways to get to the MK, priceless, monorail, large ferryboat or motor launch makes this resort ideal to us. Either way, hope you enjoy, have a grand time and return many times there after.

I think that you will greatly increase the "family" time by going with a 2 bedroom unit . Check the rent/trade board for some information. My first chilce for MK would be VWL followed by BCV or BWV.

Having everyone together will be wonderful. you can all have breakfast together and plan your day. You can also"crash" together at the end of the day with enough room and privacy.

Basicaly with a 2 bedroom you get a wonderful kitchen dining/living room. Master bedroom with the works, another bedroom with 2 queen bedsand a pullout sleeper in the LR. You can add DDP to this reservation too.

Goood luck and PM meif you want more information.

We stayed at the BWV March 2005, and loved it. It was my parents, my husband and our two kids who were 3 and 6 at the time. We had a 2 bedroom suite and it was perfect. Plenty of room, laundry, kitchen and you can't beat the location. There is so much to do right out the doors, and you can walk to MGM and Epcot. It was pricey $570 a night, but we enjoyed it the whole time. Have a great trip!

I haven't stayed at any deluxe resorts, but DH has....his all time fave is Poly!

That is so cool of your FIL....I hope this will be a very magical time for your family! pixiedust:

When my daughters were 5 and 1 we stayed at the Polynesian. It is a great location. Albeit a little dated in feel. We decided that when we go back we will be staying at the Wilderness lodge site.

The monorail is the main draw for the polynesian. But the boats are excellent for going from the Wilderness area over to MK. The wilderness has a more natural feel and an up-to-date feel.

Just one mans suggestion, take a look at it.

Thank you, Thank you!! Your responses have all been so helpful. We are sending my FIL the info on the Poly and the Villas and since he is paying for the upgrade, we are going to let him decide which he wants. I think either would be great (although I am partial to the Poly myself). I'll let you know when he decides!

So...the decision has been made! We are getting two garden view rooms at the Polynesian. I requested one of the following log houses...(in order of preference) 1. Tahiti 2. Tokelau 3. Figi 4. Samoa 5. Aotearoa. I hope since we are booking so early we will get what we want. I'm very excited about staying at the Poly!! :cool1:

jaimee1024 said:
So...the decision has been made! We are getting two garden view rooms at the Polynesian. I requested one of the following log houses...(in order of preference) 1. Tahiti 2. Tokelau 3. Figi 4. Samoa 5. Aotearoa. I hope since we are booking so early we will get what we want. I'm very excited about staying at the Poly!! :cool1:

The Poly is awesome, you can't go wrong with it. Hope you really enjoy your trip.

Thank you! We are really excited. I never thought I would have the opportunity to stay at one of the deluxe resorts, so this is a very special treat for us.

I am so excited for you that your FIL is paying for the upgraded and you are going deluxe!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter