I need help with my yard!

rluey29

Wish I was in Disney, Hooray, Hooray!!!
I am having my son's 1st birthday party in our backyard and man does it need work. Last summer we had major weed problems. Dandelions, crabgrass, clovers, little flower-looking things...everything but good grass. The previous owner left a huge dirtpile in the yard so we took a whole day and leveled it out, filling in all the holes that was in the yard, but it's been raining and is now a mudpit.

I need to kill weeds, plant grass, and maybe fertilize, but I know nothing of this stuff. What order do I do it in and what products do I use? I think my husband wanted to use Bermuda grass.

Will it be ready in time for our May 3rd party?

I'd say you can get it ready! I live in Texas, so you may have/need a dif type of lawn than me. We use a "weed and feed" a few times each spring and our lawn does great. We have St. Aug grass.

I know I can't give you specific help, but you might head over to gardenweb dot com and visit their forums. I'm sure someone there could help! They help me all the time!

Good luck!:thumbsup2

Do you have Bermuda in among your weeds now?

Has it started to green up yet?

Do you have bare dirt now?

The time limit makes it a bit more challenging.

Is it warm enough to use round up?

Are you planning to allow what you have to fill in, plant grass seed, or to sod the whole thing?

Sod will be the quickest, but also the most expensive.

It is really kind of late for any pre-emergence.

How big is the yard?

Do you have Bermuda in among your weeds now? If we do, it's very little. He wanted to buy that kind of seed.

Has it started to green up yet? Haven't planted it yet

Do you have bare dirt now? There is alot of bare dirt since we leveled the dirt pile.

The time limit makes it a bit more challenging.

Is it warm enough to use round up? Yesterday it was 70 and will be at least that warm from now on I suspect. Wouldn't round up kill the grass that I want to plant?

Are you planning to allow what you have to fill in, plant grass seed, or to sod the whole thing? No sod, just wanted to kill the weeds and seed the lawn with good grass

Sod will be the quickest, but also the most expensive.

It is really kind of late for any pre-emergence.

How big is the yard?Maybe about 3500 sq ft[/QUOTE

Can you find an extension office for your county? There are usually master gardeners onhand to help answer your questions, for free. I am a master gardener is SC, and not sure how our climate compares to yours. Best bet is to try and find one locally.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter