I need help... New to cruising and all that goes with it!!!

tinksgilrs251520

I want to be at WDW
Hello All,

Well I am planning a trip and in 2012 and I have a few questions so here i go...

1.) I am looking to a cruise and land package , how does that work?

2.) Can i leave my car (we are driving down) at the resort I am staying at and then catch the Disney Cruise line bus to the Port?

3.) Can we stay at a value resort?

4.) and can we get free dinning at the resort for the land part?

THanks everyone I need all the help I can get :laughing:

Hello All,

Well I am planning a trip and in 2012 and I have a few questions so here i go...

You can add onto your cruise a WDW resort stay. It's not exaclty a package and probably better to do seperate. They don't do the Land and Sea packages anymore.

2.) Can i leave my car (we are driving down) at the resort I am staying at and then catch the Disney Cruise line bus to the Port?

You may want to drive for a couple reasons. Usually paying to park at port is cheaper than DCL transport. Also it gives you a lot more flexibility on when you come and go from the parks and port.

Yes because there is no Land & Sea packages.

Yes for the same reason as above you can use a special offer during your stay.

Thanks everyone I need all the help I can get :laughing:

I'm not sure about leaving the car at your WDW resort.

QUOTE=tinksgilrs251520;38882044]Hello All,

THanks everyone I need all the help I can get :laughing:[/QUOTE]

From what I understand, the land and cruise portions are now completely separate. You can book the resort on the DCL site, but you may (likely) be able to get a better rate by booking them completely separately. They did away with "Land/Sea" awhile ago, which we did in 2006.

If you pay for the Disney transport bus to take you to/from the port, you should be able to leave your car at the resort. The question is: why would you do that? Will it be cheaper to park the car at the port or pay for Disney transfers ($35pp each way). It will also be faster if you take your own car.

You can now get DCL transportation from ALL WDW resort hotels.

I believe you can only get free dining if you book the resort completely separately.

I'm sure others will correct any information I have provided in error! :hug:

guardmusic said:
Hello All,

THanks everyone I need all the help I can get :laughing:

From what I understand, the land and cruise portions are now completely separate. You can book the resort on the DCL site, but you may (likely) be able to get a better rate by booking them completely separately. They did away with "Land/Sea" awhile ago, which we did in 2006.

If you pay for the Disney transport bus to take you to/from the port, you should be able to leave your car at the resort. The question is: why would you do that? Will it be cheaper to park the car at the port or pay for Disney transfers ($35pp each way). It will also be faster if you take your own car.

You can now get DCL transportation from ALL WDW resort hotels.

I believe you can only get free dining if you book the resort completely separately.

I'm sure others will correct any information I have provided in error! :hug:

I agree....book your room package separate from the cruise on your own. That way you can take advantage of any discounts or package deals that may come up. I'm not sure how easy it would be to combined a free-dining package with a cruise throught the DCL website. I think that's mostly for adding resort nights. If you want to add park tickets or anything else, you have to call Disney vs using the website.

I also agree that I'm not sure why you'd want to use DCL transportation and leave your car behind. DCL transportation cost $70 per person roundtrip. If there are 4 of you, that's $280. Parking at the port is $15 per night. For a four night cruise that's $60 to park your car. You're spending $280 to save $60 in parking costs.

You also might consider using a Travel Agent to help arrange the trip. It's no additional cost to you and they might help with some other money saving tips or provide an extra OBC for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter