I need help...Dec 30-Jan 9th

a*lil*bit*goofy

I miss the tag fairy
First trip at this time of year!

1- once hours are posted for this time of year do they tend to change frequently?

2- is Early Morning Magic offered And if so on which days?(want to avoid )

3-Magical express must be busier? we are used to walking to deont of rope and being led on bus within 10min

4- minnie christmas at Hollywood and Vine, is the end date for this (Christmas one) available anywhere?

5- is there any advantage / disadvantage to waiting until we arrive to check in vs advance checkin

I know I have more questions but this is good for now :)

1- once hours are posted for this time of year do they tend to change frequently?

Yes, probably until Thanksgiving, or so, the hours will definitely be floating. They will probably keep floating up until the week before Christmas.

EMM is currently offered on Tuesdays and Saturdays.

3-Magical express must be busier? we are used to walking to deont of rope and being led on bus within 10min

Are you talking from the airport to your resort? Most families should be in their hotels by this point, and are probably winding down their trips. It shouldn't be too bad to get from the airport to The World

4- minnie christmas at Hollywood and Vine, is the end date for this (Christmas one) available anywhere?

Christmas this past year, it ended on Jan 6, 2017. I couldn't find anything for this upcoming Christmas.

5- is there any advantage / disadvantage to waiting until we arrive to check in vs advance checkin

The only thing with waiting in line is to talk with someone, in case you wanted to find something special, or to set up spending limits on magic bands, or if you have any questions when you get to the resort. If you want any celebration buttons, be sure to ask the front desk.

If you don't have anything you want, just advance checkin and then they'll let you know when the room is ready.

IF this is offered, it probably won't be until the 7th and 9th (assuming they keep the Sun/Tues). That first week is busy and may have an early 7am regular EMH at MK the first part of the week which would preclude the EMM.

I know you want to avoid it, but the number of tickets sold is really small and it would not impact your touring at all.

Thank you both.

Yes, we want to avoid the EMM as we want to do an early morning BOG, and at the 180 day res, i am certain we are most likely to get this on our last MK Day (Tues the 9th) rather than the 2nd MK day (Friday the 5th I believe)

actually that said, we aren't sure if we will do MK on Friday the 5th or Saturday the 6th. One of those days will be MK one will be Universal Studios

Sat 30th: Epcot
Sun 31st: MK with everyone else. no expectations this day. mostly just meandering and then dinner at 1900 PF
Mon 1st: full MK day, open to close hopefully
Tue 2nd: DHS or AK (Depeding on EMH's etc. we try to avoid morning EMH)
Wed 3rd: Ep or DHS or AK
Thur 4th: Ep or DHS or AK (Depending on 2 prev days. lol hoping to stagger EP as thats an open to close for us vs AK and DHS which is not)
Fri 5th: MK or Universal Studios (thinking MK)
Sat 6th: MK or Universal Studios (thinking US to avoid race weekend)
Sun 7th: Chill, Downtown Disney, meet up with a coworker ironcially after he is done the race
Mon 8th: Epcot
Tues 9th: MK

with that above schedule, we are assuming to do BOG Breakfast AND Dinner on Friday the 5th. hoping it is available when my 180 day opens. Our back up is to do it on the 6th (race weekend)

all while trying to avoid the EMH's. annnnnnnnnnnd arranging a different schedule for my brother who is on deluxe dining plan, while still trying to match up some restaurants together (while he has a slightly diff schedule) sigh. and yet i still love all the planning. LOL

Yes, we want to avoid the EMM as we want to do an early morning BOG, and at the 180 day res, i am certain we are most likely to get this on our last MK Day (Tues the 9th) rather than the 2nd MK day (Friday the 5th I believe)

One positive to planning your BoG PPO on a potential EMM day...it will definitely be a PPO. With EMM, they can't change the park hours to anything earlier. On all other days, they can and do sometimes change to an earlier opening and your PPO becomes a breakfast during a very valuable first hour in the park.

One positive to planning your BoG PPO on a potential EMM day...it will definitely be a PPO. With EMM, they can't change the park hours to anything earlier. On all other days, they can and do sometimes change to an earlier opening and your PPO becomes a breakfast during a very valuable first hour in the park.
but what are the chances of mine train before rope drop with little to no wait? is that still possible?

but what are the chances of mine train before rope drop with little to no wait? is that still possible?

Yes, because the EMM people will have already had their fill and be moving on to position themselves to be at the front of the line for attractions that open with the park. Reports are they let you guys into the regular line and any EMM people who might still be there are using the FP+ line.

Yes, because the EMM people will have already had their fill and be moving on to position themselves to be at the front of the line for attractions that open with the park. Reports are they let you guys into the regular line and any EMM people who might still be there are using the FP+ line.
Ah ok so we may only get 1 run as opposed to 2, but we should get in before the rope drop run to the mine train :)?

Ah ok so we may only get 1 run as opposed to 2, but we should get in before the rope drop run to the mine train :)?

As long as you're finished with breakfast by 8:45-50, you should be fine. The new opening show is at 8:55, and they don't "drop the rope" until that is finished. The crowd doesn't have very far to go, though, as they are right at the castle, so you need to be at 7DMT no later than 8:55. Even if they don't let you ride, you're at the front of the line.

As long as you're finished with breakfast by 8:45-50, you should be fine. The new opening show is at 8:55, and they don't "drop the rope" until that is finished. The crowd doesn't have very far to go, though, as they are right at the castle, so you need to be at 7DMT no later than 8:55. Even if they don't let you ride, you're at the front of the line.
Thank you for all your help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter