I need a gift idea for my 8 yr old grand niece please.

Kitty 34

Hums in her sleep
She broke both her wrists last week falling off a church playground swing set. The wrists are both casted up for at least 4-6 weeks. They play in my yard all the time and I would love to just get her some little gift to say I'm thinking of her.

Thanks. :)

Not terribly exciting, but how about a gift certificate to the local movie theater?
Is she a reader? Bookstore trip (or audible $$$)?
Sorry not more creative with my suggestions.....that's gotta be rough, two broken wrists, poor thing.

This might be way over budget, but.
I slipped on some ice, many years ago, and sometimes the simple daily things were the biggest! Like showering and washing, drying, brushing my hair.
How about a kind of girls/spa day at a salon to get a great full hair-do and have those nails done in a bright fun color. Especially since her hands/wrist are in casts. Is she a bit of a girly-girl, or all tom-boy?

This might be way over budget, but.
I slipped on some ice, many years ago, and sometimes the simple daily things were the biggest! Like showering and washing, drying, brushing my hair.
How about a kind of girls/spa day at a salon to get a great full hair-do and have those nails done in a bright fun color. Especially since her hands/wrist are in casts. Is she a bit of a girly-girl, or all tom-boy?

She's actually a little bit of both which makes it a bit harder for me. She's the youngest of three girls; the sisters are 10 and 12.

Do the casts cover most of her hands, or leave her fingers free? If she can hold things, I definitely agree with books! A special stuffed animal might be nice to go with them.

If it's hard to get shirts over her casts, maybe some with 3/4 sleeves, a size up from normal?

I love the salon idea to have her hair done, too!!

A book, either digital or paper. It's my go to gift when not sure of the direction to go in.
Soft hugs for your niece.

First thing I thought of was music. A voice activated speaker would be a lifesaver for her and she could also use it to request audio books/stories. So long as they have wifi.

Reminds me of 2nd grade when my sister pushed me on the way to school and I broke my wrist (I admit I was being a bit of a pest). My sister felt so bad that she grabbed some of her own money and ran to the store to get me a coloring book and crayons. When she gave them to me I said, "I can't color." (It was my right wrist that was broken.) Then she felt even worse and ran into her room!

I like the idea of getting your niece a soft fleece blanket and a stuffed animal. Also maybe some new PJs with sleeves that will fit over her casts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter