I made these baked donuts a few years ago.....not bad ......

pumba

DIS PUMBARIZER
? 2 tablespoons yeast

? 1/3 cup warm water (115 degrees)

? 1/2 teaspoon honey

? 11/2 cups skim milk, at room temperature

? 1/3 cup oil

? 1/4 cup granulated sugar

? 2 teaspoons salt

? 2 teaspoons nutmeg

? 2 egg whites, whipped

? 41/2 cups unbleached flour

? 1/2 cup egg white

? 1 cup sugar mixed with 1 teaspoon cinnamon

Mix yeast with warm water and honey; stir and set aside until foamy.

In mixing bowl, combine yeast, milk, oil, 1/4 cup sugar, salt, nutmeg, egg whites and 2 cups flour. Beat briskly until well blended. Add remaining 21/2 cups flour and beat until smooth. Cover the bowl and let double in size, about 1 hour. Dust a board generously with flour and turn the dough mass onto it. This dough is soft and needs enough flour on the board to prevent sticking, but is easy to handle.

Pat the dough into a round about 1/2-inch thick. Use a 3-inch doughnut cutter and cut out the doughnuts, placing them (and the doughnut holes) on prepared baking pans, 1-inch apart. These don't spread much; they rise. Let the doughnuts rest and rise 20 minutes, uncovered. Bake in a preheated 450-degree oven for about 10 minutes, or a little longer, until they have a touch of golden brown. Remove from the oven. On a sheet of wax paper spread cinnamon sugar. Brush each doughnut and doughnut hole with egg white and roll in the cinnamon sugar.

cool, I have never tried baking doughnuts
I'll save this recipe!

What a good idea -- this is a healthy choice compared to fried donuts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter