I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

As I checked more cards yesterday, DH got a 7X offer on his Chase IHG card for gas and restaurants, 5X on grocery. May use the dining some. I have only used URs this year for PYB on charity donations, have over 250,000 from new Ink cards. Hoping the AF PYB stays through the 3rd Q.

All the posts are still showing bolded for me. I closed the browser and reopened, tried a different browser. Didn't help.

So we ended up helping out my mother fix up her car as she's going through some difficult stuff (divorce) and that took care of our current SUP from DH's latest Ink about two months sooner than expected. Now need to consider what to get next. Suggestions, please?

Our MR stash is pretty low at the moment but the Celebrity offer will give us a bit of a boost. Chase stash is about to get a boost with the INK I mentioned. But either way since what we need to work on is enough points for two roundtrips to Japan November 2024, I think either currency would work for travel partner transfers, right?

Recent cards P1:
10/22 - CIC
09/22 - Discover
05/22 - CIU
02/22 - Biz Plat
12/21 - SW Biz #2
11/21 - SW Biz #1
09/21 - Vanilla Plat
06/21 - CSR + CSP

P2:
02/2022 - CIU
12/2022 - CIC
06/22 - Biz Plat
02/22 - Vanilla Plat
07/21 - CSR + CSP

P2 plans to get 2 SW Biz cards toward the end of the year so we can keep our CP goodness going. We're both under 5/24. I'm thinking I could get another Ink now or maybe try an Amex Gold? TIA for any help!

Oh dear, ours are missing too.

UPDATE I went into my own account, and when I clicked a box in the column from the accounts to transfer out out, the accounts then showed up on the left side. That hadn't worked when I was in p2 account. Then I went back into p2 account, and clicked two boxes from that left column, and then the ones in the right showed up and I moved them.
Thank you, I tried this and nothing is still showing on the cards to transfer to. That whole side is blank. The site does blink when I do that like it's trying to connect. I'm sure it's a Chase thing. I'll keep trying.
Yeah, since last week I've noticed it's glitchy. Sometimes it takes a few times trying to get the accounts to show up to the side. I did successfully transfer points earlier this week. After messing with it, I can usually get the accounts to all show up. I think it's definitely an IT issue on Chase's end.
Yeah, I'll keep trying and then SM if I need to. What a pain, just glad it's not just me that the website is acting up for.

Thanks!

Just got back from a quick (3n stay) in Dublin. I planned this because I was noodling around last fall and found 1 way Delta One cash rates that were (for me) reasonable from DUB-ATL-home and I had discretionary travel funds available. Booked, then built a trip around that flight.

Flight from FL to BOS-Delta (skymiles)

1 night Hyatt Regency Boston (cat V, 20K points) used SUA for a suite

1 "night" Hilton BOS Logan Airport -used FNC for 5 hours because I didn't want to hang around the airport waiting for Aer Lingus check in desk to open

ETA- The Lounge is the lounge used at BOS for business class EI customers in terminal C --it is as dire and gloomy as reported by the travel bloggers-DH mentioned more than once he was happy I decided to use our $36 food & beverage credit from our 5 hour Hilton stay (hooray for being Diamond) to have dinner before we went to the airport-the pickings were...slim in The Lounge, to say the least. A word of caution if you're flying out of C-it's quiet in the Lounge and there is coffee and canned cokes/diet cokes and (possibly) filtered water but not a lot more. Eat before you go!

EI 136 BOS-DUB 200K Avios +$500 (ish) in taxes one way for 2 adults

the Shelbourne Hotel (a Marriott property) paid OOP for a larger room (rooms can be small in this historic hotel!) facing St Stephen's Green booked initially through Marriott, then via a travel agent participating in Marriott Luminous program

Delta One DUB-ATL-home (cash OOP)

Aer Lingus business class service was very good-much better than I had remembered from Dublin to Orlando in Oct, 2019. The arrivals lounge in Dublin (near baggage carousel 6) was great for a hot shower, quick blow dry and hot beverage before we caught a cab to our hotel.

DH and I have been to Dublin before and didn't have a lot to do on our list for this trip- we were happy to have brunch with our DD in Boston, and enjoy a nice city break in Dublin at one of our favorite hotels in the world. The Shelbourne is a grand old dame (199!) who is elegant, refined and just does the nice touches without being overly stuffy. I saw another set of pages in the Book of Kells, walked around St Stephen's Green while DH toured Guiness and Jameson's and we enjoyed traveling for the sake of travel (and sleeping in-something our 3 rescue dogs don't allow at home). I did use a travel agent who booked us under the luminous program since I was using a cash rate-there were some nice "extras" and I still earned the double EQN and points under the current promotion as well as receiving the luminous stay perks-the price was the same so a free 70 euro lunch and night cap of Baileys and sweets for nothing more than a couple of emails, sure!

Everyone has their reasons for churning and mine is to enhance my travel-not to travel for free, but to enable nicer, more luxurious travel. From business flights to nice hotels, my standard of travel has definitely improved since I've met this community. Thanks, y'all!

Last edited:

Curious, anyone have an idea of the best way/value to turn the $200 MCGCs into disney gift cards? wholesale club? Meijer using the current bonus? fuel perks?

Usually I have a good idea of best current way to do things but im a bit rusty... 8-)

So we ended up helping out my mother fix up her car as she's going through some difficult stuff (divorce) and that took care of our current SUP from DH's latest Ink about two months sooner than expected. Now need to consider what to get next. Suggestions, please?

Our MR stash is pretty low at the moment but the Celebrity offer will give us a bit of a boost. Chase stash is about to get a boost with the INK I mentioned. But either way since what we need to work on is enough points for two roundtrips to Japan November 2024, I think either currency would work for travel partner transfers, right?

Recent cards P1:
10/22 - CIC
09/22 - Discover
05/22 - CIU
02/22 - Biz Plat
12/21 - SW Biz #2
11/21 - SW Biz #1
09/21 - Vanilla Plat
06/21 - CSR + CSP

P2:
02/2022 - CIU
12/2022 - CIC
06/22 - Biz Plat
02/22 - Vanilla Plat
07/21 - CSR + CSP

P2 plans to get 2 SW Biz cards toward the end of the year so we can keep our CP goodness going. We're both under 5/24. I'm thinking I could get another Ink now or maybe try an Amex Gold? TIA for any help!
Have you thought about AA miles?
Should be pretty easy to get enough miles between the Barclay card and the Citi cards.
You could each do one Barclays, one Citi personal and Citi Biz.

Or you could use MRs to transfer to British Airways. I think there are some good Biz Gold offers.

When I did it a couple of years ago, I had a Chase Bonvoy Boundless card and called in and asked to upgrade it to the RC card.

Nothing surprises me anymore but I hope they don’t. I’m on track to hit Globalist again this year.
yeah, I make spreadsheets for everything this time I added a cpp and breakfast column and fees column. but ill add future dates to 100% make sure I get it same with cc spend.

Last edited:

Curious, anyone have an idea of the best way/value to turn the $200 MCGCs into disney gift cards? wholesale club? Meijer using the current bonus? fuel perks?

Usually I have a good idea of best current way to do things but im a bit rusty... 8-)
I don’t know of anyplace that allows you to buy a gift card with another gift card…maybe others do.
If not can you just use the $200 MCGCs at Disney ?

You can definitely use them at Sam’s. And Sam’s lets you use two forms of payment online, so you can use two GCs in a single transaction. Also a great way to get rid of those pesky leftover amounts on GCs!

I downgraded mine to the old SPG Bonvoy with 35K free night and 95$ annual fee. I was okay with the $450 and the $300 offset. But changing the $300 to restaurants did me in. I also tired of the $10 a month restaurants on the Rose Gold when I had it. I rarely change anything but Amex seems to have a knack for screwing it up.
I plan to downgrade to the old SPG and see if an upgrade offer materializes at some point. I may use the gold for an upgrade offer to a Plat if offered. If not, I will likely toss that one too.

Grocery store if you need fuel points. Generally anywhere else I'd buy them I'm doing so because of a cc offer and need to use the specific card. Generally use the mcgc or vgc for categories that only give 1 pt.

I just got an upgrade offer on the Bevy for 100K points with 4000$ spend. No interest on my part.
I intend to apply for a Bevy at some point. I’m hoping to rack up a bunch of points between me and PlanePrincess this way over the next couple of years. Then, once we have enough, use them at one of the more aspirational properties. Not the Al Maha as we’ve done that twice.

OK, you all are so knowledgeable - I have a Marriott Bonvoy Boundless, have had for almost 5 years, will get my free night June 1st. Can I cancel then and reapply within the same month? Or do I need to wait longer? Marriott points are what I use the most, I could use a referral from DH's card, but wasn't sure about the timing. If I need to wait past 30 days I could, but have a major spend coming by July 1.

As I checked more cards yesterday, DH got a 7X offer on his Chase IHG card for gas and restaurants, 5X on grocery. May use the dining some. I have only used URs this year for PYB on charity donations, have over 250,000 from new Ink cards. Hoping the AF PYB stays through the 3rd Q.

All the posts are still showing bolded for me. I closed the browser and reopened, tried a different browser. Didn't help.
Quoting myself, not bolded anymore. yay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter