I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

I am very FRUSTRATED with Chase right now. I tried applying for my first CIU card and my first business credit card ever.

I was declined which, was expected. I had three reasons- Too many cards, Business Structure, and Insufficient Business Deposits. I expected this as a sole proprietor.

The only reason he would explain was too many cards. 5/24. This had me so frustrated because I know EXACTLY when my cards were opened. I am at 4/24 currently. BUTTT I have to AU account with my wife with an AMEX Gold and a Capital One Venture. He was not having it and kept telling me that I was at 6 card and could not apply until next May...

He would not even explain the other two reasons for decline...so what can I do to alleviate those issues? Make a business checking account for the deposit issue? And then just call and explain my business structure? I have read that being a sole proprietor usually gets declined regardless and then you just need to call.

Any help would be appreciated.
Chase has its own policies and while you're frustrated, you need to understand what those are before you blame them for having those policies. I agree with others that your AU cards are going against you. Amex doesn't backdate AUs, so whenever you became an AU on the Gold is going to show as a new account as of that day. [Chase and Capital One backdate AUs, so if I ever want to add an AU, I do it after the 24 month mark of account opening.] With Chase, I've had an AU removed from one of my cards but I (not the AU) was the one who had to make the request, then AU followed up with the credit agencies to have it removed. If just saying you're not financially responsible for the card doesn't work for you, what I did is an alternative.

There's no problem getting approved as a sole proprietor, that's always been the way me and P2 have done it for the past five years. Pay attention to your total available credit line with Chase (<50%-60% total HHI) and your velocity. You don't need to have a business checking account with Chase.
Yes, that’s Rio Bhongo. Did the barista class there yesterday. Fun and informative. We didn’t rent a car as it was ridiculously expensive by the time I got round to looking. Car service has worked out well for us this trip but would probably look to rent a car next time.

Just checking out the four seasons this morning- nice, but not worth double the price of the Andaz imo
That barista class was great! We've been experimenting with different brewing methods at home ever since then. And I agree about the Four Seasons; I like the Andaz vibe more anyway.

Last edited:
i checked 4 all were the same or more people on Reddit are getting mixed results too.
I just rebooked a Delta Thanksgiving trip for DW and me to visit our girls at UMich, that I booked with Skymiles a couple of weeks ago. The undiscounted cost in miles went up from 82,000 to 84,000, but with the 15% discount I paid just 71,200. Compared to today's cash price for the same itinerary, I'm getting a valuation of $0.0154 per mile. At that valuation, the 10,800 miles I saved would be worth $166.
I have the Amex Delta Gold with a $95 annual fee and this adds considerable value to the card.

BTW, long time no visit for me in this thread. I'm mostly out of the SUB game but thought this was worth sharing.

Last edited:

Which platinum?

Vanilla

OMG It's more than my mypoints account. My hotel accounts were hacked too! As I'm going through my emails from the weekend, my Wyndham (no biggie, nothing in it) and IHG were for sure hacked. IHG doesn't want to talk to me since my phone number and email on file are now different

Could have been your email. Honestly I'd change all your passwords even if stuff is ok.

The only reason he would explain was too many cards. 5/24. This had me so frustrated because I know EXACTLY when my cards were opened. I am at 4/24 currently. BUTTT I have to AU account with my wife with an AMEX Gold and a Capital One Venture. He was not having it and kept telling me that I was at 6 card and could not apply until next May...
As others have said, probably the AU accounts. They sometimes seem to throw random other (non-applicable) denial reasons on just to bolster their refusal. They do count AU and sometimes it's hard to get removed. I re-conned a Chase card denial a few years ago and even though I said I was not financially responsible, Chase refused to budge. I contacted the credit bureaus and one refused to remove it so I had to wait until it dropped off to bring me below 5/24. Lesson learned and DH & I never add each other as AU unless they are biz cards (those don't count.) I sometimes request a replacement card if both of us really need a card.

OMG It's more than my mypoints account. My hotel accounts were hacked too! As I'm going through my emails from the weekend, my Wyndham (no biggie, nothing in it) and IHG were for sure hacked. IHG doesn't want to talk to me since my phone number and email on file are now different.
My Netflix account was hacked over a year ago and the reason I knew is that I received an e-mail from Netflix saying that I changed the e-mail account on file. I called them and that's when I realized that the account had been hacked. Hopefully IHG will work with you to get the issue resolved as it's obv something that hackers do -- change the e-mail address on the account. Pls keep us posted.

Hi, Relatively new here. I have a Chase Sapphire reserve and my husband is an authorized user. Can he apply for a Sapphire preferred card?
Yes, as long as he hasn’t opened more than 4 cards (including Authorized user) in the last 24 months.
Hopefully he can use a support link, the support link has to be from a sapphire preferred card you can’t create a preferred referral from your reserve.

Yes, as long as he hasn’t opened more than 4 cards (including Authorized user) in the last 24 months.
Hopefully he can use a support link, the support link has to be from a sapphire preferred card you can’t create a preferred referral from your reserve.
thanks that makes sense.

Question about Ink referrals - are you limited to 5 referrals (100k URs) per card or per account? I’ve got 3 Inks and I’d love to get 5 referrals per card!

SWA question (lots of those here right now lol) I have a 2 SWA cc's both just turned a year old, AF just hit for both on 2/1/23....however I don't see the annual points drop in my acct yet,when does that happen? and I will need to call in to cancel these,right? no SM? I don't want to do that till I get the anni points tho....

Not sure which cards you are closing, but a couple of us on here have gotten retention offers on the priority this year. They gave us $150, no spend, so it covers the annual fee and you can hold it to use benefits, get another year of points, etc before closing. Might be worth going through the hassle of a phone call to see if you're one of the lucky ones.

good morning
first a big thank you. I've gotten in the habit of checking chase and amex offers thank s to this board and have been using them!

does anyone know when or where there's anything to save t LL bean? I get lots of codes for lands end but the suitcase I want is ll bean!

2nd paying property taxes thru paypal? does the town need to be able to receive via a town paypal? I'd love to use my amex to pay them.

sheree

Just met spend on SW card #1 (personal). Double-checking - I need to wait until 24 months after meeting spend to churn a SW Biz (I opened both SW Biz cards in 2021)?

I’m hoping someone can answer a question. I have IHG points. My friend rents an apartment and her pipes froze last night. Her renters insurance doesn’t cover additional living expenses. I got her a room at the local holiday inn with my points. Do I have to make believe I’m staying there or will they be ok with me using my points for her?

I’m hoping someone can answer a question. I have IHG points. My friend rents an apartment and her pipes froze last night. Her renters insurance doesn’t cover additional living expenses. I got her a room at the local holiday inn with my points. Do I have to make believe I’m staying there or will they be ok with me using my points for her?
If you booked online, you will probably have to check her in and then hand off the room key (or just call the hotel). Whenever I'm using points to book for friends, I just call the 800# and book it directly in their name and they deduct the points from my account.

Just met spend on SW card #1 (personal). Double-checking - I need to wait until 24 months after meeting spend to churn a SW Biz (I opened both SW Biz cards in 2021)?
It's 24 months from when the bonus was earned. It's also recommended to wait until the next calendar month as sometimes their system doesn't distinguish between the 1st of the month or the 18th of the month. So, if you earned the bonus on 10/15/2021, you could apply again on 11/1/2023 (or you could apply on 10/16/2023 and just recon after 11/1 if it doesn't work)

In the browser you can see the tracker but you have to click and go to the Ultimate Rewards portal.
Now I am getting a bit worried... I cannot find the tracket in the browser. I opened the Ultimate Rewards portal. I looked everywhere. Is it hidden somewhere or obvious?

Now I am getting a bit worried... I cannot find the tracket in the browser. I opened the Ultimate Rewards portal. I looked everywhere. Is it hidden somewhere or obvious?
My last two ink cards have not shown up with a tracker in the browser. I’ve already met the spend on one and that SUB has posted as expected. So that does leave me less worried about the second.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter