I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

For everyone who likes to buy Disney gift cards but doesn't check the gift card thread, nice cashback today at RMN for shopDisney and Best Buy. Use those Chase offers on both if you’re lucky enough to have them!
Also don’t think I’ve seen it mentioned in this thread, Best Buy currently has $50 DGC on sale for $45 - limit of 2 per day per account. Not sure how long it’s been going on already. could stack RMN (which is always YMMV on gift cards) and a chase offer if you have one.

I’m confused about how my offers show up in my cc account. (Never used them before). I had a 10% Disney offer, max $5. I added it to my account, bought a $50 gc, and have already seen the $5 on my transactions. On the site, there is all, added, redeemed, expired. The offer is showing under added but not redeemed. Am I missing something? Can I use it again? Or is it just in the wrong place?

I’m confused about how my offers show up in my cc account. (Never used them before). I had a 10% Disney offer, max $5. I added it to my account, bought a $50 gc, and have already seen the $5 on my transactions. On the site, there is all, added, redeemed, expired. The offer is showing under added but not redeemed. Am I missing something? Can I use it again? Or is it just in the wrong place?
As long as you used the card the offer was on, the $5.00 credit will show in your transaction history (Chase usually posts credits in 1-3 days). Each offer is good up to the max allowed, in this case $5.00, so if you made a $50.00 transaction, even if the offer still shows in your account you won't get credit again. HTH.

There’s a “Luxury Escapes” offer on some of my Amex cards. I think it’s spend $1000 get $200 back. They have Disneyland tickets and at least Grand Californian available to book through their site. Could be an alternative to gift cards if anyone wants a deal for Disneyland. Has anyone ever booked through them before?

Question on AMEX retention offer. I am working on a $4K spend for 45K MR's. Does anyone know if this spend only counts for purchases made with my card or does spend on AU's card also count? I did not think to ask when I accepted the offer. Thank you.

I applied for the Barclay AA biz Aviator yesterday and got a pending message. Today I received a call from them; they asked me to verify my DOB, how long my biz had been opened, the revenue, where the total income was from (I included dh's) and also asked what dh did (strange question IMHO). The rep then put me on hold and came back and said that the card was approved and would be mailed in 7-10 days. Woohoo another 60K AA points coming my way. I applied for this card in August, 2019 and closed in September, 2020, so should be good for an another SUB!

I applied for the Barclay AA biz Aviator yesterday and got a pending message. Today I received a call from them; they asked me to verify my DOB, how long my biz had been opened, the revenue, where the total income was from (I included dh's) and also asked what dh did (strange question IMHO). The rep then put me on hold and came back and said that the card was approved and would be mailed in 7-10 days. Woohoo another 60K AA points coming my way. I applied for this card in August, 2019 and closed in September, 2020, so should be good for an another SUB!
Awesome. What are the general rules of thumb when it comes to churning that card? I’m coming up on a year this spring with that card, and I’m not sure I’ve used it once since getting the SUB. I’d love to cancel and get it again but not sure of the waiting periods and whatnot.

Awesome. What are the general rules of thumb when it comes to churning that card? I’m coming up on a year this spring with that card, and I’m not sure I’ve used it once since getting the SUB. I’d love to cancel and get it again but not sure of the waiting periods and whatnot.
From what I've read it's 2 yrs from closing to get another SUB. Maybe others can chime in to verify.

Question on AMEX retention offer. I am working on a $4K spend for 45K MR's. Does anyone know if this spend only counts for purchases made with my card or does spend on AU's card also count? I did not think to ask when I accepted the offer. Thank you.
Yes, AU spend counts.

From what I've read it's 2 yrs from closing to get another SUB. Maybe others can chime in to verify.
I was approved for my 2nd Aviator 2yrs after receiving my 1st bonus, and 1yr 3 months after closing the account.

9/19 opened received bonus
9/20 closed
12/21 opened received bonus
12/22 closed

I figure I’ll be eligible again in a year from now maybe Spring ‘24 I’ll get my 3rd.

Yes, AU spend counts.

I was approved for my 2nd Aviator 2yrs after receiving my 1st bonus, and 1yr 3 months after closing the account.

9/19 opened received bonus
9/20 closed
12/21 opened received bonus
12/22 closed

I figure I’ll be eligible again in a year from now maybe Spring ‘24 I’ll get my 3rd.
Thank you.

Welp I may have made my first big churning mistake .... I forgot about DH's Barclay Hawaiian Business card (it was sock drawered and the annual fee posted :faint:). I just got notice in the mail today that the account was closed for non-payment. I tried to close it via SM and they messaged back to call and cancel and I totally forgot.

How much damage control will I need to do? We have had credit scores in the 800's for years :sad:

Welp I may have made my first big churning mistake .... I forgot about DH's Barclay Hawaiian Business card (it was sock drawered and the annual fee posted :faint:). I just got notice in the mail today that the account was closed for non-payment. I tried to close it via SM and they messaged back to call and cancel and I totally forgot.

How much damage control will I need to do? We have had credit scores in the 800's for years :sad:

This happened to us with a store card we forgot we had a couple of years ago and we took a small hit (I was an AU on that card so it was on my record, too) but never went below 800. It's hard to keep track of all the cards, so it happens. You're probably fine.

I think that it's possible to get a cc company to agree not to report late payments to the credit reporting agencies. I would definitely at least ask about it. I have asked for late payment fees to be waived numerous times over the years and never had any that wouldn't. I just say it was my mistake and I had the payment information wrong in my calendar and is it possible to waive the fees. This might be a slightly bigger issue but it seems like the same kind of issue.

Depends on how past-due the payment was.

This happened to us with a store card we forgot we had a couple of years ago and we took a small hit (I was an AU on that card so it was on my record, too) but never went below 800. It's hard to keep track of all the cards, so it happens. You're probably fine.
Oye I went ahead and logged in and paid the 99ish fee (like 75 af plus a late fee) just so I don't get like sent to collections or something crazy. I'm sure I may have been able to avoid that but it's also DH's biz card so I can't just make the phone call and he'll definitely not be impressed with the situation already 🫣. At least at this point all of the credit monitoring reports show nothing out of the usual so fingers crossed that somehow because it's a business card it will slide?

It's so annoying because I hated that card from the get go-it was approved with a ridiculously low limit that made getting the spend requirement hard and they wouldn't raise it. It's like they knew I was going to stiff them on the AF in a year 🤣. Haven't had a ding on my credit in 15 years so this is totally driving me nuts.

Since it's a biz card, does the card even appear on his report?

I find this stuff infuriating. We had to jump through hoops to get a refund that they legally owed us because they put us in cheaper seats. I really despise AA these days and we used to fly them all the time without issues.
hearing this makes me question the one aa flight i booked this year (only because delta was too long with layovers)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter