I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
we don't have any OD around here can i use the chase offer to buy disney gc with the chase offer? then how do I pay due with it? I usually pay them in full for a sub. But I like the idea of saving 10-15%!
Just adding to what @Judique replied: Once you set up monthly withdrawals and pay with a gift card, you can pay ahead. So if your monthly dues are $100/month and you have $300 in gift cards you can apply the $300 and it will credit the future months.

You can pay dues by setting them up as a monthly debit from your bank account by calling Member Accounting. Then, before the payment is debited, you go online and pay it with the Disney gift card. I very rarely will allow any company to debit my bank accounts but this has worked to save me money for many years.

There are various Chase offers that can give you Disney card savings. Some are CVS, Best Buy, Staples, Office Depot. Obviously access to the stores is necessary. The only one I will do online is the Disney Store, but others are more adventurous than I am.

Other credit cards also have offers such as Amex sometimes has a Lowes offer. US Bank and Bank of America also. Most offers are 10% but occasionally you will find something a bit higher. And, you can always go to Target and get 5% which is certainly better than paying in full.
thanks
I used to have the monthly withdrawal but then I figured I was better off putting it on cc for rewards and SUB
I'll start buying gc and then go online to pay as suggested. thank you

My hybrid Kia Niro took me from Maryland to Florida and back for $124 (which includes stopping at Costco and Sam's for gas on the way, plus 10% Disney rewards for using my Disney card for gas on the trip. Previous trips have been less but gas was 1/3 less then.

Is your Honda made here? I think that also may help. I'm probably going to look at Honda as well, since we've gotten a great car in DD's 2013 Civic which was bought new. She still hasn't cracked 90K though and it's upkept perfectly. (Working from home for years now has helped a lot.) Friend just bought a Honda Insight (hybrid) a few months back and loves it. I'll be looking at the SUV's. But now I have to get through the holidays, plus a vacation.

I love upgrades. I've had top of the line in most of my cars except the old 2009 Jeep and it was a work horse vehicle but not a 'toy'.
I think it's being built in Ohio or Indiana. They are also building them in Ontario, so maybe Canada???

And I'm generally not the Touring type (my Odyssey is an EX-L-I like leather) but Touring got me AWD, upgraded sound, leather, etc. But really it was the only way to get Hybrid and leather.

thanks
I used to have the monthly withdrawal but then I figured I was better off putting it on cc for rewards and SUB
I'll start buying gc and then go online to pay as suggested. thank you
I use my gift cards in January when the payment is due. You don't have to switch back to monthly. That way, if you have leftover that you can't cover with gift cards, you could put toward a SUB.

SW Biz CP Question: I just did an MDD on personal cards but my brother wants to get 2 Biz. I haven't done it in a while. How many days should he put between the applications?

ETA: Also, can I send him a referral link that he can use for both of the cards he applies for?

Last edited:
I finally got my Palisade this week! Been on the list since the end of January! So far I love it, although I need to spend some time this weekend getting things set up and learning how everything works. So much more high tech than I'm used to from my 2011 Acadia.

I went from a 2001 with no power windows or locks to a 2021. It was a huge adjustment, esp the push to start, I kept grabbing for the key when I turned it off. Drove my mom's car the other day and when I got to the store and was turning everything off I realized, oh I need to turn the key and take it out there's no button :rotfl2:

I also happily had a tape deck when I bought the car new. Did upgrade it to a CD a few years later but that was mostly because I was tired of dealing with the CD man and the converter tape. That all sounds so crazy.

we don't have any OD around here can i use the chase offer to buy disney gc with the chase offer? then how do I pay due with it? I usually pay them in full for a sub. But I like the idea of saving 10-15%!
If I'm remembering correctly OD processes most online GCs through cash star so I don't think it posts as OD for CC offers.

I went from a 2001 with no power windows or locks to a 2021. It was a huge adjustment, esp the push to start, I kept grabbing for the key when I turned it off. Drove my mom's car the other day and when I got to the store and was turning everything off I realized, oh I need to turn the key and take it out there's no button :rotfl2:

I also happily had a tape deck when I bought the car new. Did upgrade it to a CD a few years later but that was mostly because I was tired of dealing with the CD man and the converter tape. That all sounds so crazy.
Honestly I do like all the new features (especially Apple carplay) but it's the safety stuff that is really important to me. I'm one of those people that these features were made for:)

Second SW card for my CP instantly approved.

In case anyone is going for a new SW Personal card, I noticed the elevated offer of 75K RRs is ending 12/5.
Just remember if going for CP -- want to grab these offers in Nov/Dec and FULFILL the spend requirement in Jan following year; NOT Dec. this gives nearly two years of the CP.

My parents made the mistake of a Nov application and completed in Dec and posted Dec 28th a few years ago

So I've been obsessed with finding a new kitchen table. I have a pottery barn table my ex and I bought in 1999 and I'm more than ready to part with it. I have overanalyzed this purchase from every angle. I almost bought a 48" round pedestal table from Arhaus but then when I went to purchase it, the price had gone up so I am waiting. Then yesterday I found a very pretty James & James solid hardwood table in the perfect shade someone is selling about 100 miles away in VA Beach. It's 54". The base detaches, but I'm thinking I might not be able to get the top into my odyssey (I've measured, made a paper template, and I'm just not certain either way). I really don't want to spend $300 to rent a truck from UHaul or drive a small moving truck/cargo van on an interstate. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

So I've been obsessed with finding a new kitchen table. I have a pottery barn table my ex and I bought in 1999 and I'm more than ready to part with it. I have overanalyzed this purchase from every angle. I almost bought a 48" round pedestal table from Arhaus but then when I went to purchase it, the price had gone up so I am waiting. Then yesterday I found a very pretty James & James solid hardwood table in the perfect shade someone is selling about 100 miles away in VA Beach. It's 54". The base detaches, but I'm thinking I might not be able to get the top into my odyssey (I've measured, made a paper template, and I'm just not certain either way). I really don't want to spend $300 to rent a truck from UHaul or drive a small moving truck/cargo van on an interstate. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Uhaul has vans, at least they used to. Or home depot rents but I don't know the cost or milage.

Going to be being able to find availability with it the 1st weekend of the month.

Uhaul has vans, at least they used to. Or home depot rents but I don't know the cost or milage.

Going to be being able to find availability with it the 1st weekend of the month.
Yes, that's kind of all I'm finding. Penske through Home Depot has a fair amount of availability. It will cost about $300. I'm not so worried about that--more driving a big van I'm not used to driving on the interstate (I'm a wimp). I think I may drive down with my Odyssey and see if I can get it in. If not, I'll rent something.

It is going to be super heavy too! Might need movers. Depending on the deal, it might be worth it.

If your still shopping, I love my tables from Canadel. Beautiful solid wood from Canada. Sold at a lot of furniture stores. You get to customize your table(leg/base/size) and chair style. Tons of stains to choose from.

Rent a pickup from a car rental company (Enterprise, Avis, National, whatever).

It is going to be super heavy too! Might need movers. Depending on the deal, it might be worth it.

If your still shopping, I love my tables from Canadel. Beautiful solid wood from Canada. Sold at a lot of furniture stores. You get to customize your table(leg/base/size) and chair style. Tons of stains to choose from.
It's about half what it costs new. They've had it 6 months (bought a table that was too small). And my son and I should be good to move it. I'll definitely check out Canadel. Thank you!

Gift of College gcs are available again on Kroger.com and they are running a 4x fuel points promotion which ends in the next few days. Perfect way to fund your 429 plan with a cc. These gcs weren't available for a long time on Kroger and are back again, so if you're going this route, might wanna snag them soon.
This is a pretty good deal. I put $600 / month into my daughter's 529. So for $18/month, I can get 2,400 fuel points which is worth $50 to $80 to me. Of course my fuel tank is about to get 6 gallons smaller and I don't fill up with DS because he uses premium gas and dd has her car at college. But I also could get $12 in credit card rewards each month using Amex Blue Business Cash.

SW Biz CP Question: I just did an MDD on personal cards but my brother wants to get 2 Biz. I haven't done it in a while. How many days should he put between the applications?

ETA: Also, can I send him a referral link that he can use for both of the cards he applies for?

31 days due to 1/30 biz cards.

Sure, he can use your support link for both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!