I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you think you don't qualify for a new Bevy SUB?
Maybe I'm mistaken, but wouldn't I have to get rid of my existing Bonvoy personal cards in order to app for the new product? Or upgrade?

The rules got complicated with Bonvoy and I'm not sure I'm following it correctly right now, but I don't wish to give up my current free night collection.

I have 2 CC offers questions:
  1. Has a Princess Cruise offer popped up for anyone on Amex? I know I mentioned it a few months ago when I got offers for almost every other cruise line. We have one booked on Princess for May, but the $300/$350 off $1000 on the other lines are starting to make me think of rebooking. DH and I have them on multiple cards.
  2. Chase - anyone else use the Kate Spade 10% back offer? I used it on Nov. 10 and it still has not credited nor have I received an email that I used my offer. It specifically said it had to be Kate Spade Outlet or Surprise, which is what I used, but nothing. I know Chase offers can take a while, but it's been almost 3 weeks and I've had other offers I've used since then that have posted. Just curious!
Thanks!
I have been waiting for a Princess Cruise offer also. Like you I have offers for almost all of the other cruise lines but not Princess. Our paid in full date is in March so we have a little time for one to appear.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but wouldn't I have to get rid of my existing Bonvoy personal cards in order to app for the new product? Or upgrade?

The rules got complicated with Bonvoy and I'm not sure I'm following it correctly right now, but I don't wish to give up my current free night collection.

If you only have/had Amex Bonvoy cards, then you're clear to get the Bevy. If not, then you'll need to check the chart. Link

If you qualify, you could apply for the new card and then take the upgrade offer. End up with 2 Bevy's if the points are worth the AF to you.

If you only have/had Amex Bonvoy cards, then you're clear to get the Bevy. If not, then you'll need to check the chart. Link

If you qualify, you could apply for the new card and then take the upgrade offer. End up with 2 Bevy's if the points are worth the AF to you.

As far as I can see since I hold the Chase Premier Plus Business card, I'm ineligible unless I cancel it 30 days prior to applying for the Bevy.

Every time I look at new Marriott cards from Chase or Amex, I have to 'check the chart' and they've effectively made it impossible to get a new card without a cancelation of something I have. At the moment I'm holding the one Chase Premier Plus Business, and 3 Amex - 2 Amex Bonvoy and 1 Amex Bonvoy Business.

As far as I can see since I hold the Chase Premier Plus Business card, I'm ineligible unless I cancel it 30 days prior to applying for the Bevy.

Every time I look at new Marriott cards from Chase or Amex, I have to 'check the chart' and they've effectively made it impossible to get a new card without a cancelation of something I have. At the moment I'm holding the one Chase Premier Plus Business, and 3 Amex - 2 Amex Bonvoy and 1 Amex Bonvoy Business.
I canceled my Amex Bonvoy Brilliant more than 30 days ago and it has been more than 24 months since I got a bonus on that card, but I still got the pop up when I applied yesterday for Chase's Bountiful card. The whole system is wonky IMO, I guess you have to pick a lane and stay in it.

I got the same upgrade offer to the Bevy card, and what I'd prefer is an upgrade offer for the Brilliant. I think the Bevy card is pretty weak, you don't even get a FNC for the $250 annual fee.

Annual fee just posted on my Amex Marriott Biz - I’m going to try for a retention offer - can I do that through SM or do I have to call?

Annual fee just posted on my Amex Marriott Biz - I’m going to try for a retention offer - can I do that through SM or do I have to call?

Chat if it's available otherwise I'd call. I don't think you can do sm since you have to agree to terms and stuff.

48 months from last Sapphire bonus posting? PC'd out of all Sapphires at least 4 days or closed at least 30?
Did you try again or find out what happened? One time I tried applying for a business card but there was some type of glitch and I never got a credit check so I eventually tried again with no problems.

I have the $10 Uber/Uber Eats credit from my Amex Gold card so I was going to order pizza tonight, before it expires. I saw the $10 credit in my account and started to get an order together. Then an offer popped up for Uber 1 free for 3 months. I added it (planning to cancel when the 3 months is up) but now my account says I have $8.98 instead of $10. I haven’t placed the pizza order yet. It’s only $1.02, so I don’t really care about the money, I just thought it odd and am curious why $1.02 was deducted. Anyone else experience something like that?

Did the chat - took way too long to be told there are no offers. How long do I have to cancel and still have the full AF refunded? It posted on Nov 23.
While my Chase Marriott free night credited immediately, the Amex Biz free night took a full 2 months to show up in my account last summer.

My AF hit July 3 and the free night wasn't available in my account until Sept 1.

Last edited:
DH wants to go to Italy for our anniversary in Mar '24, does anyone have any tips/recommendations to share about Naples/Pompei/Amalfi Coast (hotels, itinerary, etc)?

I canceled my Amex Bonvoy Brilliant more than 30 days ago and it has been more than 24 months since I got a bonus on that card, but I still got the pop up when I applied yesterday for Chase's Bountiful card. The whole system is wonky IMO, I guess you have to pick a lane and stay in it.
Have you called Chase to find out what's up?

I'd had the Brilliant since it came out in 2018. I product changed it to a bonvoy, making it my second one. I wasn't interested in the new changes. The old $300 credit worked best for me versus the $25 a month.

I won't be doing the upgrade to Bevy that they sent me. I can make do with my (4) 35k fnc's which work for my lifestyle. Maybe they'll up the ante as time goes by. We will see.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter